Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20

-ts

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 04, 2012, 09:42:35 PM

So you want them to spend the 3rd and final rounds talking about someone that isn't there while the "guy who is great for golf" is making a run at the tournament championship?   lol, talk about warped logic.

I'm not dogging Tiger, if anything I am dogging the OP and I guess you since you want to make this ridiculous argument.

By the way, do yourself a favor and look up the difference between fact and opinion.
I'm not saying that I want them to spend anytime talking about someone who was cut, I was simply stating the extreme bias.

Trust me, you are the last person that should be telling someone to look up the difference between fact and opinion, well actually maybe behind the OP, but thats about it.

Try actually having discussions with people rather than just attempting to mock all the time, but I guess I can't really knock you on that since that is all this board has become over the years unfortunately with characters like Morgan and Java driving people towards it.

Whatever though, later.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 04, 2012, 09:50:14 PM

Oh, save your holier than thou lecture.   I provided you a FACTUAL article addressing McIlroy's 3 straight missed cuts that referenced critics blasting him the previous week and you respond with a smarta$$ comment.

The coverage is right.  Not sure what you are complaining about.  I'll try to remember that you are so temperamental from now on when I see outlandish statements by you.

:-*

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 04, 2012, 09:58:35 PM

When Woods won Palmer's tournament they media was all but giving him the Masters.  He gagged and couldn't get his game from the range to the course.  He took a beating which continued with his shoddy play.  McIlroy is going through the same crap from the media. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

-ts

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 04, 2012, 10:01:57 PM

Oh, save your holier than thou lecture.   I provided you a FACTUAL article addressing McIlroy's 3 straight missed cuts that referenced critics blasting him the previous week and you respond with a smarta$$ comment.

The coverage is right.  Not sure what you are complaining about.  I'll try to remember that you are so temperamental from now on when I see outlandish statements by you.

:-*
Haha, I still like how this "Meanwhile Rory McIlroy has missed 3 straight cuts with hardly even a mention. Pretty incredible."

= Nothing at all was said about him, nor was anything written about it at all.

Very outlandish.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 04, 2012, 10:06:35 PM

When Woods won Palmer's tournament they media was all but giving him the Masters.  He gagged and couldn't get his game from the range to the course.  He took a beating which continued with his shoddy play.  McIlroy is going through the same crap from the media.
Don't disagree at all, the media throws Tiger up on a pedestal every great shot, and strikes him down every bad.

I don't however see the same amount of that treatment for Rory... Like I said, I understand the differences in the entire stories of the 2. Just simply stating how different the media and fans are towards Woods.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing which Tiger shows up next. He hasn't regained his crown yet, but the swing he brought to the memorial was as close as he has been to old Tiger since his fall. Hell I'm looking forward to seeing Rory show up and hopeully play well. I want to see the best of both and put them up against eachother, along with others.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 04, 2012, 10:18:11 PM

Then I am seeing what you aren't ts - Rory is taking the "stick" as Feherty would offer - world wide.  And the other players are taking up for him the same way as they did Woods - though it is pretty clear Rory is better liked than Woods. 

As Woods has been the world number 1 since damned near forever he does get more attention.  Hell, if and the little lady don't have their accident by now he would be enshrined as the best ever in the golf all  of fame.  And he would have earned it.  When he fell he fell a greater distance because he had farther to fall - just that simple.  Rory is just (or perhaps was just) coming into his own with a great streak.  The golf world is crying for someone to be "the guy".  He crapped out and took the criticism.  But did he fall like Woods - no way - he just stopped playing well.  He didn't come off as the world's biggest jerk.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 04, 2012, 10:22:52 PM

Exactly.  Not only that if you are going to say that Tiger Woods is the guy, then don't complain about your perception that the media puts his game under a magnifying glass. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 04, 2012, 10:26:28 PM

One thing I absolutely love is how the media treats the Tiger story. If he has one bad shot they immediately crucify him. However he gets on a roll and they all flock to him. Understandable given the enormity of the story he brings and the fact that he is still the most electric name in golf.

Meanwhile Rory McIlroy has missed 3 straight cuts with hardly even a mention. Pretty incredible.

McIlroy isn't an American for one and the spectacular fall of Tiger Woods and now the "attempt to climb back to the top" is a much bigger story.  I'm sure that McIlroy's missed cuts have been mentioned on telecasts.
Oh I understand the difference in the 2, and the 2 different stories.

I'm just bringing up the point that the kid that was appointed the next great thing in golf has missed 3 straight cuts, and you will really not hear anything about it. I watched a lot of the tournament this weekend and I don't really remember them mentioning it. I'm sure they did once or twice that I didn't hear, but still.

Yes, very outlandish.

You should give it up now.

: June 04, 2012, 10:28:55 PM olafberserker

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 04, 2012, 10:28:21 PM

So you want them to spend the 3rd and final rounds talking about someone that isn't there while the "guy who is great for golf" is making a run at the tournament championship?   lol, talk about warped logic.

I'm not dogging Tiger, if anything I am dogging the OP and I guess you since you want to make this ridiculous argument.

By the way, do yourself a favor and look up the difference between fact and opinion.
I'm not saying that I want them to spend anytime talking about someone who was cut, I was simply stating the extreme bias.

Trust me, you are the last person that should be telling someone to look up the difference between fact and opinion, well actually maybe behind the OP, but thats about it.

Try actually having discussions with people rather than just attempting to mock all the time, but I guess I can't really knock you on that since that is all this board has become over the years unfortunately with characters like Morgan and Java driving people towards it.

Whatever though, later.

You were saying?

-ts

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 04, 2012, 10:37:00 PM

One thing I absolutely love is how the media treats the Tiger story. If he has one bad shot they immediately crucify him. However he gets on a roll and they all flock to him. Understandable given the enormity of the story he brings and the fact that he is still the most electric name in golf.

Meanwhile Rory McIlroy has missed 3 straight cuts with hardly even a mention. Pretty incredible.

McIlroy isn't an American for one and the spectacular fall of Tiger Woods and now the "attempt to climb back to the top" is a much bigger story.  I'm sure that McIlroy's missed cuts have been mentioned on telecasts.

I'm just bringing up the point that the kid that was appointed the next great thing in golf has missed 3 straight cuts, and you will really not hear anything about it. I watched a lot of the tournament this weekend and I don't really remember them mentioning it. I'm sure they did once or twice that I didn't hear, but still.

Yes, very outlandish.

Ok, I give up, there is no point to argue this. If you take that sentence only literally, then absolutely. No disagreement. Of course it certainly wasn't meant to be.

But hey, that wouldn't matter to you anyway. Continue on as you always do.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 04, 2012, 10:41:57 PM

Then I am seeing what you aren't ts - Rory is taking the "stick" as Feherty would offer - world wide.  And the other players are taking up for him the same way as they did Woods - though it is pretty clear Rory is better liked than Woods. 

As Woods has been the world number 1 since damned near forever he does get more attention.  Hell, if and the little lady don't have their accident by now he would be enshrined as the best ever in the golf all  of fame.  And he would have earned it.  When he fell he fell a greater distance because he had farther to fall - just that simple.  Rory is just (or perhaps was just) coming into his own with a great streak.  The golf world is crying for someone to be "the guy".  He crapped out and took the criticism.  But did he fall like Woods - no way - he just stopped playing well.  He didn't come off as the world's biggest jerk.
Don't disagree at all. I haven't really seen the criticism about Rory that you have. I haven't looked very hard, and really was just making a general statement.

It is obvious that Woods had farther to fall than just about anyone in the sports world, he is also one of the easier people to dislike. It's easy to see why the media will jump on him, and crown him as quick as they do. My statement was just to point out how differently he is treated than anyone else.

Don't believe I ever said it wasn't really deserved. I just would dish it out a bit more to these other players who are up and down just as much if not worse. Just talking about play only on this--> not personal **CENSORED**.

Tiger has dug himself a hole now, because of how good he was. That is obvious.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 04, 2012, 10:45:59 PM

Yes, very outlandish.

Ok, I give up, there is no point to argue this. If you take that sentence only literally, then absolutely. No disagreement. Of course it certainly wasn't meant to be.

But hey, that wouldn't matter to you anyway. Continue on as you always do.

lol, you had to make one more ridiculous statement didn't you

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 04, 2012, 10:49:22 PM

With McIlroy the talk is that it is between his ears, that was the gentle assessment of the World's #1 golfer at the moment - Luke Donald.  Everyone is second guessing his swing, he choice of tournaments, his inability to focus - pick it - this is what they do with golfers as you know.  The second guess every damned thing they do - right down to his girl friend getting too much of his attention (that is the European media)  All interesting - none should get anymore of anyone's attention than a local hack - but that's how it works...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 04, 2012, 10:52:22 PM

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what the complaint is.  Maybe dbuc can help me out since bobsey twin 1 complains that the best guy for golf gets too much press while bobsey twin 2 pats bobsey twin 1 on the back and yells "YEAH! what he said"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 04, 2012, 11:00:18 PM

With McIlroy the talk is that it is between his ears, that was the gentle assessment of the World's #1 golfer at the moment - Luke Donald.  Everyone is second guessing his swing, he choice of tournaments, his inability to focus - pick it - this is what they do with golfers as you know.  The second guess every damned thing they do - right down to his girl friend getting too much of his attention (that is the European media)  All interesting - none should get anymore of anyone's attention than a local hack - but that's how it works...

hasn't his mindset been questioned back to the choke at the Masters?   He rebounded at the US Open, but the question persisted to some extent.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools