Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 35 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 27, 2012, 07:18:46 AM

Skip's favorite 1...... T-Rich

do you have any issues with his knee?  I'd like more info on why he hasn't worked out yet.  If we are going to spend a #5 on this guy we really need to scrutinize this.

He has no knee issues to really speak of . He's never had a major knee injury . This was a scope , which is like routine matinence for a running back. He has a workout scheduled for the end of this month.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 27, 2012, 07:34:04 AM

A scope is a surgery. It's less evasive than ripping the whole knee apart....but saying it is just maintenance and not real surgery is like saying having my spleen taken out wasn't really surgery because they used lasers instead of knifes. In today's world, most surgery on knees, shoulders, hips, ect. is done with Arthroscopic procedures.. Arthroscopy can be used to treat anything from simply examining the interior of your knee, to ACL reconstruction. Don't fool yourslef into thinking a "Scope" means it is simple and not serious. Let me remind you that DaQuan Bowers had a simple scope last year before the draft....which turned out to be not so simple.

Also, a simple procedure should take a week or two of recovery time. Trent had his surgery over two months ago and still missed the combine and proday. All I'm saying is just because his agent says it was a minor procedure, I don't buy it. What else would he say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthroscopy

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 27, 2012, 07:53:22 AM

A scope is a surgery. It's less evasive than ripping the whole knee apart....but saying it is just maintenance and not real surgery is like saying having my spleen taken out wasn't really surgery because they used lasers instead of knifes. In today's world, most surgery on knees, shoulders, hips, ect. is done with Arthroscopic procedures.. Arthroscopy can be used to treat anything from simply examining the interior of your knee, to ACL reconstruction. Don't fool yourslef into thinking a "Scope" means it is simple and not serious. Let me remind you that DaQuan Bowers had a simple scope last year before the draft....which turned out to be not so simple.

Also, a simple procedure should take a week or two of recovery time. Trent had his surgery over two months ago and still missed the combine and proday. All I'm saying is just because his agent says it was a minor procedure, I don't buy it. What else would he say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthroscopy

I never said it wasn't surgery , but it was a simple procedure to clean out loose cartilage in his knee. Wear and tear like this tends to happen over time when you run for a living , that's why I compared it to routine maintenance.  It's not like he blew out an ACL. 

We will see how serious it was when he works out later this month won't we ? Want to place any bets that he times faster than Doug Martin's official 4.55 ?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 27, 2012, 08:12:06 AM

Uhh....no. I don't gamble. Good luck with that though.

How do you know what the scope was for? Details of the operation were sent to all 32 teams but not released to the public.....so please enlighten me.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 27, 2012, 08:17:02 AM

How do you know what the scope was for? Details of the operation were sent to all 32 teams but not released to the public.....so please enlighten me.

Mah sources . LOL

As I said , we will see in a few days - when he blows Doug Martin's doors off - how big an issue it was.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 27, 2012, 05:40:36 PM

So if you were the GM and could not trade down, you'd pick Peter Konz or Coby Fleener at #5 (if Kalil isn't available)?

If I was GM and I couldn't trade back....I would look around the league for young players that would really help our team and might be available for trade. Patrick Willis for example. First thought would be that there is no way they trade him, but Navarro Bowman has been outstanding and looked just as good, so are you sure the 49ers wouldn't let him go for a top 5 pick? 49ers might really like to get Blackmon. Never know.

He just turned 27 last month so he has a good 5 or 6 years left before age will start effecting him. Can you imagine the immediate change in mentality if Willis was our Mike? Worth the #5 pick to me.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 06, 2012, 11:03:57 PM

Added a few more guys. Most are late round guys.

RB - Doug Martin
LB - Lavonte David
RB - Robert Turbin
RB - Bryce Brown
RB - Tauren Poole
RB - Bobbie Rainey
WR - Devin Wylie
WR - Joe Adams
WR - Devier Posey
WR - BJ Cunningham 
TE - Coby Fleener
FB - Joe Martinek
 C - Peter Konz
OG/OT - Brandon Brooks
OG/OT - Brandon Washington
UT - Derek Wolfe
NT - Mike Martin
LB - Miles Burris
LB - Mychal Kendricks
CB - Brandon Boykin
CB - Chase Minnfield
CB - Josh Norman
CB - Donnie Fletcher
CB - Jamell Fleming

Draft Aaron Donald

Raheem33

Rookie
#37 : April 07, 2012, 07:55:52 AM

Dont hold your breath waiting for Willis

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 07, 2012, 08:47:06 AM

Willis was a stretch, but just one example. There are plenty of proven young players in the league that we might be able to acquire with our #5 pick. All I'm saying is keep an open mind and don't just draft someone at #5 even though you don't have him projected that high.

Draft Aaron Donald

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 07, 2012, 09:03:53 AM

Willis was a stretch, but just one example. There are plenty of proven young players in the league that we might be able to acquire with our #5 pick. All I'm saying is keep an open mind and don't just draft someone at #5 even though you don't have him projected that high.
I wholeheartedly agree with this approach, and yes I actually got your example! Looking at the 49ers, of course staying with your example JDub, Bowman plus picks in a trade down would be ideal, first the team is getting a known quantity not to mention a quality player in return that has done it on this level plus still receiving picks in return.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 07, 2012, 09:09:40 AM

That would work, but I think the chances of them trading Bowman is less than WIllis. Bowman looked amazing last year, every bit as good as Willis and they have him locked up at only $750k for the next few years. Meanwhile Willis is making $7.6M a year.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 07, 2012, 09:25:23 AM

So if a playoff team suddenly loses it's mind and decides they want to trade us thier best player for our 1st pick , we should do it.

Got it !! 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 07, 2012, 09:31:17 AM

Yeah, and if I told you two weeks ago the Texans would trade Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick, you'd have said I was crazy.

If the 49ers think they have enough strength at LB with Ahmad Brooks, Navarro Bowman, and Aldon Smith....they could be in love with a guy like Blackmon and feel a top receiver would do more for the team than a top LB. They signed Randy Moss which shows they are desperate for a real WR. I'm sure the feel a top WR is what they really need to get over the hump and get to the SB. They would essentially be trading Willis for Blackmon. Not likely...but stranger things have happened.
: April 07, 2012, 09:36:49 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucD

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 07, 2012, 11:24:54 AM

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 07, 2012, 11:27:13 AM

good thing.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Favorite 35 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools