Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: March 26, 2012, 11:54:56 AM

This is such a hot topic with me. So often I listen to Christian radio and ministers astutely stumble over this issue. That Jesus is God is most often backed by the scripture John 1:1.
I must admit it most surely does say that there...but it states the EXACT opposite thousands of times elsewhere in those same scriptures. Ok...hmmm..so John 1:1, and "I and the Father are one"... and thats about it regarding scripture that backs the trinity without over-reaching.

And now what about all of these ...
Jesus said I was sent and did not come on my own initiative
the son is not greater than the Father
Moses when addressing Isreal - Jehovah your God is one God
Jesus was tempted by the devil..Jehovah cannot be tempted by evil
Jesus might have failed in his mission...Jehovah cannot fail
Jesus said he did not know when the end would come but his Father in heaven knew.
Jehovah is eternal Jesus had a beginning - Jesus was the firstborn of all creation...
Jehovah's voice from heaven to Jesus at his baptism - where Jesus said "that was for your benefit not mine"
Angels were sent many times to minister to Jesus - Jehovah needs nothing. He is ultimate master and creator...what wisdom or help should anyone bring to God Almighty?
Jesus said I am going my way to the Father
and again "the house of my Father has many abodes (rooms)"
and again "to those that Father hath given me nobody may take them from my hand"
and again, and again, and again.........he references his Father in heaven as seperate, having seperate knowledge, seperate power, seperate life...
and etc etc etc....and there are literally millions more to articulate that Jesus IS NOT GOD.
===========================================================

and yet, these people continue to stumble over that 1 scripture....that 1 verse. Not to mention it may not even be translated accurately from the original Greek texts - it very well could read..."the Word was a god". and how that fits together with all the other scriptures is simply amazing. Jesus is a god. He is in union with Jehovah. he has risen to God's right hand... but also the devil is the god of this world....for the time being. Many powerful demons are worshipped as gods. Money is a god to many and to some their belly is even a god.
So how in the world shall we rationalize these scriptures...is the Trinity the solution that congeals all these contradictions and succintly articulates God's method in revealing Himself to the world....OR...is the trinity a teaching from men, a philosophy derived from Plato and Socrates based on invented trinitarian teachings. Why would God create us in a manner whereby He Himself makes no sense?
What if we tear down the doctrine of the trinity and think for ourselves ~ with the understanding our creator bestowed upon us ~

I know some who are hesistant to let go of the theory may cite - my son lean not on your own understanding but in all things trust in the Lord, and that is true, but who says the trinity comes from God in the first place? And just because billions of Christians believe this way doesnt make it correct either...when Jesus began his ministry he only had 12 followers.

The truth is not afriad. The truth has nothing to hide. The trinity CANNOT be the truth because it is in of itself a mystery that cannot be understood....It is PAGAN!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 26, 2012, 12:08:10 PM

http://www.opensourcetheology.net/node/708

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 26, 2012, 12:34:51 PM

If ministers stumble on the issue they shouldn't be preaching and you shouldn't be listening. Well if you are Christian.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 26, 2012, 12:54:35 PM

Why must we have people shove Christianity down peoples throats? This is a message board for football...not a church forum.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 26, 2012, 02:01:15 PM

yes

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 26, 2012, 02:19:59 PM

Why must we have people shove Christianity down peoples throats? This is a message board for football...not a church forum.

Because people are talking about Christianity doesn't mean it is being shoved down peoples throats. I find that statement common and hypocritical. Hypocritical cause the media shoves the liberal vs. conservative debates/messages/propaganda and no one talks about it. Talk about Jesus and folks want to get upset.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 26, 2012, 02:54:55 PM

If ministers stumble on the issue they shouldn't be preaching and you shouldn't be listening. Well if you are Christian.
======================================================
what I mean by this is they always say "you better believe and understand with your very life that Jesus is God in the flesh (incarnate)"...then in the same breath "you will never understand God because He is beyond all understanding". That is hypocracy, unthinkable and unexplainable. They try to take a nonliving molecule like water and explain that God is like ICE and WATER and STEAM you know 3 in 1....bleh...makes my head hurt just thinking about it.     

...and they hold onto it with their teeth and a clenched fist because to let go of it ...well... by God that is of the devil isn't it?

no it is not...the trinity concept is of the devil...
: March 26, 2012, 03:00:27 PM OneTruth

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 26, 2012, 03:00:01 PM

yes
=================================
my original post says that is the wrong answer...see #1 for conclusive data that disproves this age old lie which was invented by doctor of philosophy and pagan worshiper...3 gods in 1 ..Plato.
: March 27, 2012, 09:27:35 PM OneTruth

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 26, 2012, 03:01:26 PM

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/interp/jesus_god.html

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 26, 2012, 03:09:30 PM

bucfannc12 everytime I come into the pirates cove I see some sort of religious pushing topic posted by onetruth or some sort of crazy wacko conspiracy nutjob crap and it gets annoying is all.

#10 : March 26, 2012, 04:58:54 PM

bucfannc12 everytime I come into the pirates cove I see some sort of religious pushing topic posted by onetruth or some sort of crazy wacko conspiracy nutjob crap and it gets annoying is all.

Nobody is shoving anything down your throat.

Pirate's Cove:
This board is an OFF-TOPIC BOARD where fans can talk about topics such as other sports, movies, and other things of interest.
: March 26, 2012, 05:00:49 PM mtnman

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 26, 2012, 07:00:15 PM

Please mtnman...every thread that OneTruth posts is trying to lead the "blind" to the light and show how we are all heathens living in a den of sin because we reject Jesus or some nutjob conspiracy theory that everything is predestined or what not.

And for what its worth I am Catholic. Talking religion on a message board is pointless. Nobody changes their viewpoint and nobody wants to hear it.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#12 : March 26, 2012, 07:04:08 PM

It amuses me to no end these athiests, heathens, and hedons that click on a onetruth link titled "is Jesus God" and cry that religious dogma is being jammed down their throat. I dont make these posts for you people. If you have made up your mind then do not click on my threads...you  already know what it will be about.

For the billions of Christians that are confounded at the way the world is...and do not understand why the government, corporations, and the world is transitioning the way it is....I make these posts as an alarm bell to the practicing disciples of Christ. The devil is on loose and he is gathering the world together to the great battle. One world government, one world currency, one world court, one world religion (theosophy ~ spirit guides) Those that DO and SAY. Works without faith is nothing and faith without works is an empty well. You must have both!

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 26, 2012, 07:04:55 PM

Please mtnman...every thread that OneTruth posts is trying to lead the "blind" to the light and show how we are all heathens living in a den of sin because we reject Jesus or some nutjob conspiracy theory that everything is predestined or what not.

And for what its worth I am Catholic. Talking religion on a message board is pointless. Nobody changes their viewpoint and nobody wants to hear it.
============================================
speak for yourself

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 26, 2012, 07:15:11 PM

Just out of curiosity...how often do you spend your time on this message board talking Bucs football or trying to pretend like you are one of the twelve apostles.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools