Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #15 : March 26, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »

ahhh now on to your favortie fallacy ....personal attacks. The normal modus operandi for debating these people

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 26, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »

Keep telling yourself that dude. I know that preaching to the sheep about how we are all wrong has got to be a life goal for you.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #17 : March 26, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

ummm...yea. Now you understand.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 26, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »

Glad to know One Truth has the lock down on what scripture means . . . the rest of you are "pagans"  Wow,  I know you think you are doing God's work, but you're not. Sorry

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #19 : March 26, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

well, that is your opinion.

They told Jesus the same thing. they told him to shut up and stop offending people, they told him to be tollerant of the divergent beliefs, they said he was demon possessed, a madman, a mixed breed samaritan, and eventually they killed him because ... he ...just...would....not...shut...up. And now...here you are....saying the same things. Coincidence?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 26, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »

Why don't you take your non-sense to a third world country and educate the "savages" instead of preaching to people who are capable of developing their own intellectual thought and don't need some wanna-be televangelist to help them find the light.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #21 : March 26, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »

i thought this was a free country. I merely made a thread and your all bent out of shape about it. Conscience prodding you?

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #22 : March 26, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »

Its free to live here? Thats news to me.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #23 : March 26, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »

if you are a disciple of a certain master...lets say for arguments sake...Bruce Lee. Then that is the foundation for your learning....that is what you strive to be. you dont take some things and blend them with Steven Segal's teaching.
For the true Christian Jesus is the master ...sent by God. That is who I strive to be like....that is my foundation. In fact he is the chief cornerstone of God's kingdom - rejected by men...and rejected by you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 26, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »

if you are a disciple of a certain master...lets say for arguments sake...Bruce Lee. Then that is the foundation for your learning....that is what you strive to be. you dont take some things and blend them with Steven Segal's teaching.
For the true Christian Jesus is the master ...sent by God. That is who I strive to be like....that is my foundation. In fact he is the chief cornerstone of God's kingdom - rejected by men...and rejected by you.

Curious, do you see your comments on this website to be Jesus-like?

"“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’    “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
« : March 26, 2012, 08:23:14 PM vincepb3 »

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #25 : March 26, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »

Oh really...I reject Jesus...interesting.

So you strive to be like Jesus but you speak for others and say taht they reject him...interesting

I have immersed myself with the Christian religion all my life peabrain. I don't need some loon telling me how I should live my life because you feel it necessary to think people actually change their mindset on what you say.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #26 : March 27, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »

Vince there are 2 types of individuals that resist my posts with strong emotion.

1.  the folks that do not want to hear about these topics (religion, faith, judgement, God, morality (esp. sexual), fidelity, law, heaven &hell...etc). They do not want it because it wakes them up to the possibility of their impending doom. They want to live any way they chose and do not want to be reminded there may be dire consequenses for the choices they are making. These people have always been around - since Cain and Able walked the earth. They call themselves Christian, agnostic, athiest, or whatever...but the sentiment is identical....they do not want to open this board and have their eyes fall upon a thread made by me....about religion and what the devil is up to.

2. Bucsguru, vince, spartan, Beatles, whitetiger and others (used to be OBD but I feel we have resolved this)...these folks are likened to Saul before he became the apostle Paul. They dont want me driving people away from the Christian faith by making these posts. They see the responses these posts soliciit and feel I am provoking these people to anger and hatred. They feel I am doing more harm than good. They would have me silently pray that people might become enlightened to God somehow...someway. Fortunately I know God doesnt work that way. When Paul thought Jesus was trying to subvert the whole of Judaism he went to extreme lengths to stop it. He thought he was on God's side. He knew Moses talked to God but this Jesus was changing the LAW! The very LAW handed over to Moses by GOD!....but as a Christian we now know quite well that Paul was wrong although his intentions were good.
I am not driving interested people away from God rather am making the ones that hate Him more vocal. They hate the God I am speaking of... the one in the Bible. The Father of Jesus.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 27, 2012, 07:10:47 AM »

If ministers stumble on the issue they shouldn't be preaching and you shouldn't be listening.

It's okay if they stumble, as long as they are doing it "astutely."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #28 : March 27, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »

You have a very self absorbed sense of self worth on here. God does not care about your worthless pathetic attempt to bring Christianity to a message board. SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I spoke for everyone including GOD. aka what you think you are doing.

Surely after a while you will realize it is not your place nor is anyone going to give a rats ass about your beliefs. Until you give me definitive proof that God is speaking to you then I don't want to hear about your pathetic analogies to parables in the bible.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : March 27, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »

1. They do not want it because it wakes them up to the possibility of their impending doom. They want to live any way they chose and do not want to be reminded there may be dire consequenses for the choices they are making. These people have always been around - since Cain and Able walked the earth. They call themselves Christian, agnostic, athiest, or whatever...but the sentiment is identical....they do not want to open this board and have their eyes fall upon a thread made by me....about religion and what the devil is up to.

2. They dont want me driving people away from the Christian faith by making these posts. They see the responses these posts soliciit and feel I am provoking these people to anger and hatred. They feel I am doing more harm than good. They would have me silently pray that people might become enlightened to God somehow...someway. Fortunately I know God doesnt work that way. I am not driving interested people away from God rather am making the ones that hate Him more vocal. They hate the God I am speaking of... the one in the Bible. The Father of Jesus.

Thank for iullstrating my point.  You apparently think you are Jesus/God because you claim to be omniscient, you know the thoughts of all who post and you even know how God works.  That was my point precisely.  You are no different than the story in the scripture i quoted, holding yourself out as knowing everything including the way God works.   That is precisely why you are failing at your self chosen mission. 

Funny that you cannot see that . . . I mean, being omniscient and all.
« : March 27, 2012, 12:01:58 PM vincepb3 »
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools