Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : March 27, 2012, 12:23:02 PM

I know what Jesus wants - he wants to go to Venus. "Take a balloon and go sailing." Everyone knows that, it's common knowledge.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 27, 2012, 01:22:57 PM

Please mtnman...every thread that OneTruth posts is trying to lead the "blind" to the light and show how we are all heathens living in a den of sin because we reject Jesus or some nutjob conspiracy theory that everything is predestined or what not.

And for what its worth I am Catholic. Talking religion on a message board is pointless. Nobody changes their viewpoint and nobody wants to hear it.
I very much understand what OneTruth / Thomas is doing and once in awhile will say he is doing something that is productive. He is planting seeds. If you understand your biblical teaching we who are call or anyone who is called a Christian is supposed to plant seeds anytime, anywhere and any way that is possible. So he is planting, he just sometimes puts the seed too deep in the ground so that the Sun/Son has a harder time reaching it for it to grow...OBD
: March 27, 2012, 04:47:57 PM ONEBIGDADDY

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 27, 2012, 01:30:12 PM

And to answer your question "No" is the answer...God The Father "Jehovah"  God the Son...Jesus Christ "Yeshua"...and God the Holy Spirit..."Comforter" Matt 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. So they are all three different but are derived from one beginning. Jehovah is their Orgin...JMVHO...OBD

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 27, 2012, 01:31:17 PM

That's a really nice interpretation of OneTruth/Thomas' posts.  Too nice in my very humble opinion OBD.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 27, 2012, 01:36:22 PM

palnting seeds is absolutely correct.
These folks that are violently opposed to my threads may need to look inwards...

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 27, 2012, 01:39:52 PM

palnting seeds is absolutely correct.
These folks that are violently opposed to my threads may need to look inwards...
I don't think that is the issue...OBD

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 27, 2012, 02:16:16 PM

I know what I think the issue is. I already told you. But....I might be wrong.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 27, 2012, 02:17:45 PM

That's a really nice interpretation of OneTruth/Thomas' posts.  Too nice in my very humble opinion OBD.
LOL you know me...I always try to provide hope...OBD

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 27, 2012, 03:31:28 PM

Would never like to be without hope OBD, and I don't care for wasting my time, so here's to hoping you're not wasting your time....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 27, 2012, 06:17:39 PM

at dbuc ~ I am pretty sure OBD is more for my side than against. conversly...I am pretty sure you are more against than for. Ultimately it doesnt matter what I think according to you...and you sure as heck dont matter to me...so if you are going to continually come into my threads and call me names and order me to cease & desist - then you sure as heck are wasting your time. Good day to you sir.
: March 27, 2012, 06:54:48 PM OneTruth

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 27, 2012, 06:21:00 PM

Thou art God, grok?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 27, 2012, 06:28:28 PM

How to answer this...I am for both on this issue but there is a message in this...While there is life there is hope and don't plant seeds too deep...OBD

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 27, 2012, 06:53:05 PM

OBD I know how you feel about the deeper understanding of the Christian Faith. You have told me many times in my threads do not throw the meat down like that and etc. I do not agree with you however...although my mind could be persuaded if your argument was valid, just, and for the good fight.
IMO too many of these intellectuals have dismissed Christianity and religion (but esp. Christianity) as an ignorant faith that requires little thought and is based off a belief system in imaginary things. What I am trying to show is that there are spectacular wonders within our faith that have depth and epiphanies (AHA! moments) if you would just take the time and commit thought to it.... I am trying to open minds and hearts.
Christianity more than any other religion (except perhaps Judaism of which Christianity is based) is based off history, family trees, archaeological evidence, and not least of all....having your heart moved when it hits you....

If my posts anger these people...it is because of one of 2 reasons.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 27, 2012, 06:55:24 PM

I am trying to open minds and hearts.

wow . . .

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 27, 2012, 07:22:41 PM

OBD I know how you feel about the deeper understanding of the Christian Faith. You have told me many times in my threads do not throw the meat down like that and etc. I do not agree with you however...although my mind could be persuaded if your argument was valid, just, and for the good fight.
IMO too many of these intellectuals have dismissed Christianity and religion (but esp. Christianity) as an ignorant faith that requires little thought and is based off a belief system in imaginary things. What I am trying to show is that there are spectacular wonders within our faith that have depth and epiphanies (AHA! moments) if you would just take the time and commit thought to it.... I am trying to open minds and hearts.
Christianity more than any other religion (except perhaps Judaism of which Christianity is based) is based off history, family trees, archaeological evidence, and not least of all....having your heart moved when it hits you....

King James Version

Hebrews 5:12-14
12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Wisdom of this World.
1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1 Corinthians 1:19-21
For you Thomas/OneTruth...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Jesus God? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools