Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : March 27, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »

“Trent Richardson might be the best position player in this draft,” Mayock said. “I watched 150 of his carries today. I watched every catch he made on tape today. . . . I watched every pass protection I could find in about a 10-game span, and he might be the best pass-protecting running back in this draft also. So when you talk about toughness and perhaps the best positional player in the entire draft, I think if he is available at No. 5, with that offensive line, they’ve got to pull the trigger.”

“He’s going in the Top 10. Let’s face it, if the two quarterbacks [Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III] go 1-2, and the Vikings are not in the market for a tailback at No. 3 because of Adrian Peterson, this kid is going 4, 5 or 6. He’s the best tailback I’ve seen come out since the aforementioned Adrian Peterson. He brings toughness, he brings speed, he brings pass protection.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/even-at-a-devalued-position-richardsons-talent-too-great-to-pass-up/

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 27, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »

oh noes...

:)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 27, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

Interesting, Mayock thinks Bucs go TR.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 27, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »

with claiborne, TR, and kalil we cant lose imo.  even a tradedown would bring many opportunities.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 27, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »

I'm warming to the idea......cross you fingers and hope a decent CB slips to #36. What is the drop off from Claiborne to Dennard or Gilmore? I'm assuming Jenkins and Kirkpatrick will be gone by then.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #5 : March 27, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »

"...So when you talk about toughness and perhaps the best positional player in the entire draft, I think if he is available at No. 5, with that offensive line, they’ve got to pull the trigger." - Mike Mayock

I've been thinking the same with additions to the o-line but Claiborne is special too. Dominik can't really mess up at #5

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 27, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »

Trent is beastmode. Him and Blount would be downright evil.

Madman

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 27, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »

I'm warming to the idea......cross you fingers and hope a decent CB slips to #36. What is the drop off from Claiborne to Dennard or Gilmore? I'm assuming Jenkins and Kirkpatrick will be gone by then.

Mayock doesn't think there's much of a dropoff from Claiborne to Gilmore. In fact Gilmore has better measureables but he'll be long gone by Rd 2.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #8 : March 27, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »

While I understand that conventional wisdom might dictate CB over RB so early in round one, I wouldn't mind this pick. I find myself ignoring logic and becoming enamored with the idea of the offensive players we have now, plus Richardson. And don't get me wrong I am a Blount fan too, I think those two together in a 2 back set would be insane.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

« #9 : March 27, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »

Not sure if I agree with Mayock on TR's speed. I think its pretty easy to see the difference in explosiveness from his freshman season to what it is now.

And to beat a dead horse, McFadden was a better prospect coming out IMO. Analysts really like using the line "best back since AP" in general. This draft is no exception. I do think he more than likely will be very good, however.
« : March 27, 2012, 01:05:23 PM Primetime »

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 27, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »

That's some evil we would all love (eventually)...

and the only scenario I could see MD 'messing up' is trading down and then not getting "their guy" (whoever that is...) at a position of need very high on their board.

Other than that - yeah.  It's good to be a Buc Fan this season.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #11 : March 27, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »

what if we take TR and then at 36 Janoris Jeninkins slips and we get him in the second that would be great

Madman

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 27, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »

Not sure we know the exact defense the 2012 Bucs will run but the Bucs never used to draft CBs in the first round until Talib. Ronde round 3, Brian Kelly round 2, Dwight Smith 3, *cough* Myron Lewis round 3.

One benefit of the Tampa Two is you don't need top cover corners. Obviously the team (and the league) is playing less cover 2 lately but something to think about.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 27, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »

If the Bucs get Richardson, they have to be prohibitive favorites for the 1984 Super Bowl.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsWin31

Starter

« #14 : March 27, 2012, 01:13:13 PM »

All the more reason for the Browns to take Trent
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools