Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 27, 2012, 01:20:38 PM

I'f both TR and Claiborne are on the board at #5, I'd take TR w/o hesitating.

I'm inclined to agree with Mayock about TR. He reminds me of a Micheal Turner who can break out at anytime, anywhere if you let him. They both have great lower body strength which makes tackeling them very hard and they both are very patient almost to a fault.

If he's on the board at #5, we Can't pass him up!

I'd love it if the Bucs go into the season with a Rich/Blunt combo lol.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 27, 2012, 01:23:10 PM

All the more reason for the Browns to take Trent
I'd bet the farm the Browns take Blackmon.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 27, 2012, 01:25:44 PM

I think they take one of those two. Leaning more towards TR though.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 27, 2012, 01:40:07 PM

I can see them taking TR as bpa but Blackmon isn't a big drop and he fills a bigger need for them.

As much as I'd love to see TR in pewter, I have a feeling some team will trade up and get him if he's available at #4.

With the draft being deep in rb prospects, picking Claiborne at #5 isn't a bad plan B.

flaitguy

Starter
#19 : March 27, 2012, 01:43:01 PM

Does anyone else think that writers like Mayock might actually take a payoff from some other team just below us wanting Claiborne? Or am I the only one who thinks that way?

flaitguy

Starter
#20 : March 27, 2012, 01:44:58 PM

What if we take TR at the 5 spot and trade Blount and our #2 to move up in the lower 1st round and take Janoris Jenkins?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 27, 2012, 01:50:45 PM

What if we take TR at the 5 spot and trade Blount and our #2 to move up in the lower 1st round and take Janoris Jenkins?

Terrible idea.  I don't want Richardson at all, and if they do draft him, with the lack of RB's we have, you want to trade one and a 2nd rounder to trade up and take a guy who could fall to #36!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 27, 2012, 01:57:56 PM

For Cleveland the depth of the draft also comes into play...

According to CBSSPORTS:

There are 7 - 1st/2nd round wideouts and 38 prospects considered to maintain a draft grade - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/WR

There are 4 - 1st/2nd round running backs and 27 prospects considered to maintain a draft grade - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/RB

WR is much deeper than RB in 2012.

Browns WR
Cribbs
Little
Massaqoui
Windsor
Norwood

Browns RB
Hardesty
Ogbonnaya
Jackson
Williams (FB)
Smith

It's still a coin flip to me on if they take Blackmon or Richardson...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

MasterC25

Starter
#23 : March 27, 2012, 01:58:40 PM

Trent is beastmode. Him and Blount would be downright evil.

This!!!!!!!!!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 27, 2012, 02:09:46 PM

Keep in mind that Schiano keeps hinting we will be a run-first and power running type of offense. A reason they went so hard for Nicks. So the Bucs may be very tempted to go with Richardson. If he is Peterson-like combined with Blount.... that could be a very potent offense with that offensive line. And VJax would make it difficult for defenses to stack the line.

The Bucs arn't going to trade up. If the Browns take him at #4, then we will go with Claiborne or even Kalil if he's there. But if its between Claiborne and Richardson, the Bucs have an interesting decision to make.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 27, 2012, 02:29:08 PM

Best Running back since AP? No. Sorry not buying it.

I would say Chris Johnson is the best RB since AP. CJ got 2000 rushing yards in 1 year.

Trent won't get that I am sorry.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 27, 2012, 02:30:05 PM

I can see them taking TR as bpa but Blackmon isn't a big drop and he fills a bigger need for them.

As much as I'd love to see TR in pewter, I have a feeling some team will trade up and get him if he's available at #4.

With the draft being deep in rb prospects, picking Claiborne at #5 isn't a bad plan B.

Claiborne is my plan A but TR isnt a bad pick imo. Id be fine with him.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 27, 2012, 02:30:37 PM

Keep in mind that Schiano keeps hinting we will be a run-first and power running type of offense. A reason they went so hard for Nicks. So the Bucs may be very tempted to go with Richardson.

If he watched the game film from last season he would see what the Bucs defense does to the running game, I'm a little concerned Schiano is too old fashioned and trying to put together a run first team without much care that in today's game the point differentials can get out of control quickly without a defense. Claiborne.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 27, 2012, 02:31:02 PM

For Cleveland the depth of the draft also comes into play...

According to CBSSPORTS:

There are 7 - 1st/2nd round wideouts and 38 prospects considered to maintain a draft grade - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/WR

There are 4 - 1st/2nd round running backs and 27 prospects considered to maintain a draft grade - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/RB

WR is much deeper than RB in 2012.

Browns WR
Cribbs
Little
Massaqoui
Windsor
Norwood

Browns RB
Hardesty
Ogbonnaya
Jackson
Williams (FB)
Smith

It's still a coin flip to me on if they take Blackmon or Richardson...
I keep thinking Hillis is still Cleveland.

Now I think there is more of a chance the browns pick TR seeing as you have to have a running game in that division.

As much as I like the idea of TR here, I never could see him holding up a Bucs jersey like I could Claiborne on draft day.

But hey, crazier things have happened.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 27, 2012, 02:37:37 PM

If TR AND MC are still available at #5 I'd rather have Claiborne. He is more of a need to the Bucs than a RB. But I do like the idea of T-Rich and Blount in the same backfield though.

Claiborne at #5 (if we dont trade down) and LMJ in the 3rd would be awesome. Then we would have te Oregon Ducks backfield.

Thanks for the sig Java!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools