Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 27, 2012, 02:38:12 PM

If TR AND MC are still available at #5 I'd rather have Claiborne. He is more of a need to the Bucs than a RB. But I do like the idea of T-Rich and Blount in the same backfield though.

Claiborne at #5 (if we dont trade down) and LMJ in the 3rd would be awesome. Then we would have te Oregon Ducks backfield.

Same way I feel.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 27, 2012, 02:39:03 PM

Mayock is a Richardson homer!

He does not bring much speed. He gets caught from behind on a regular basis in college. Same will happen in the pros. It isn't a reason not to draft him but it points out Mayock's bias.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 27, 2012, 02:39:45 PM

Personally, if there is any player at all available to draft at #5, they should take that guy before they take Richardson.

MasterC25

Starter
#33 : March 27, 2012, 02:46:22 PM

Claiborne is NOT an elite CB. Draft Trent Richardson

What elite tape has Claiborne put out there of him shutting down someone of relevance?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 27, 2012, 02:47:05 PM

LOL! I have been saying this for how long? But these idiots on this board thought I was a Richardson fanboy. STFU and watch tape. Where are thou tatmanfish, CBxW ???

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 27, 2012, 02:51:34 PM

He does not bring much speed. He gets caught from behind on a regular basis in college. Same will happen in the pros. It isn't a reason not to draft him but it points out Mayock's bias.
What bias? Mayock is unconventional as it gets. He had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry in 2010. Thomas has played just as well if not better than Berry and stayed on the field more.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 27, 2012, 03:04:10 PM

Definitely like Mayock among other "draft experts". I enjoy watching Mel Kiper also, but not for his draft analysis, more for the arguing he does among other draft experts. It passes time between Walking Dead / Breaking Bad seasons.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 27, 2012, 03:15:03 PM

What bias? Mayock is unconventional as it gets. He had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry in 2010. Thomas has played just as well if not better than Berry and stayed on the field more.

Mayock on Gabbert: 'He's the first quarterback off the board'

NFL Network chief draft analyst Mike Mayock rendered his verdict on QB Blaine Gabbert following Missouri's pro day Thursday.

"Bottom line, he's the first quarterback off the board, and it wouldn't surprise me if Carolina takes him at No. 1," Mayock said on Path to the Draft.

The Panthers have been scrutinizing Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton in recent weeks and are admittedly considering a quarterback with the draft's first selection. New Carolina coach Ron Rivera did not attend Missouri's pro day, however the Panthers are scheduled to work Gabbert out privately this weekend.

Gabbert has had dinners with the Bills and Vikings this week as well.

NFL.com draft guru Gil Brandt said of Gabbert's display: "His workout was outstanding -- much better than Cam Newton's at Auburn's pro day on March 8."

Mayock was impressed with his progress toward becoming an NFL-ready signal caller after playing in a spread offense with the Tigers that normally placed him in the shotgun, something Newton must also overcome.

"I think I answered all those questions today," Gabbert said, happy with his precision, timing and footwork. "There's no question about my arm strength.

"The biggest thing I pride myself on is my decision-making."

Mayock has Gabbert rated ahead of Newton as the 2011 draft's top QB prospect.

Gabbert worked out for a horde of talent evaluators and six NFL head coaches after opting not to throw at the scouting combine last month. He completed 44 of 49 throws Thursday.

"This is fun," he said after going through his paces. "I'm going to be happy with whoever picks me."

Sporting long, blond hair, Gabbert even good-naturedly admitted he prefers the nickname "Sunshine" -- a reference to the movie Remember the Titans -- to "Bon Jovi."

According to Mayock, he can "drive the ball with accuracy, he drives it with timing, his arm strength is more than enough."

As for his developing footwork?

"Cleaner than I expected," said Mayock, who compared the pro day performance of Gabbert favorably with former first-rounders Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford.

"I see him as the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft," said Terry Shea, a quarterback coach who designed Gabbert's pro day program.

"I remember the journey we traveled last year with Bradford. When I first met Sam, the Rams were talking nothing but two great defensive tackles. By the time it was over, Sam Bradford was the No. 1 pick.

"Blaine Gabbert is in that same class."

DE Aldon Smith is another Mizzou player likely to end up in the first round.

Mayock dinged him for "tightness in the hips" but says he is "explosive off the edge" and might be best-suited as a 4-3 NFL end if he beefs up from 265 pounds into the 280 range.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/03/nflns-mike-mayock-on-missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-hes-the-first-quarterback-off-the-board/1

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 27, 2012, 03:32:18 PM

But but but I thought half the tools on this board said Rich was a bust! Smh if the Bucs get TRich I'd be ecstatic!

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 27, 2012, 03:36:35 PM

All the more reason for the Browns to take Trent
I'd bet the farm the Browns take Blackmon.

I think they take one of those two. Leaning more towards TR though.
I can see them taking TR as bpa but Blackmon isn't a big drop and he fills a bigger need for them.

As much as I'd love to see TR in pewter, I have a feeling some team will trade up and get him if he's available at #4.

With the draft being deep in rb prospects, picking Claiborne at #5 isn't a bad plan B.

How will TRich NOT be available at 4? Lmao he's definetly going to be there. Vikings aren't taking him.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 27, 2012, 03:38:09 PM

What elite tape has Claiborne put out there of him shutting down someone of relevance?

Right, because the SEC is filled with guys who can't cut it.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 27, 2012, 03:40:14 PM

If TR AND MC are still available at #5 I'd rather have Claiborne. He is more of a need to the Bucs than a RB. But I do like the idea of T-Rich and Blount in the same backfield though.

Claiborne at #5 (if we dont trade down) and LMJ in the 3rd would be awesome. Then we would have te Oregon Ducks backfield.
If we end up with the Ducks backfield as you call it...

Whos gonna block on third down? Whos gonna run on short yardage? Do you expect Blount to suddenly will be able to do that?

If Claiborne is the pick we need to hope for Doug Martin in the second.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 27, 2012, 03:46:17 PM

Mayock on Gabbert: 'He's the first quarterback off the board'

NFL Network chief draft analyst Mike Mayock rendered his verdict on QB Blaine Gabbert following Missouri's pro day Thursday.

"Bottom line, he's the first quarterback off the board, and it wouldn't surprise me if Carolina takes him at No. 1," Mayock said on Path to the Draft.

The Panthers have been scrutinizing Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton in recent weeks and are admittedly considering a quarterback with the draft's first selection. New Carolina coach Ron Rivera did not attend Missouri's pro day, however the Panthers are scheduled to work Gabbert out privately this weekend.

Gabbert has had dinners with the Bills and Vikings this week as well.

NFL.com draft guru Gil Brandt said of Gabbert's display: "His workout was outstanding -- much better than Cam Newton's at Auburn's pro day on March 8."

Mayock was impressed with his progress toward becoming an NFL-ready signal caller after playing in a spread offense with the Tigers that normally placed him in the shotgun, something Newton must also overcome.

"I think I answered all those questions today," Gabbert said, happy with his precision, timing and footwork. "There's no question about my arm strength.

"The biggest thing I pride myself on is my decision-making."

Mayock has Gabbert rated ahead of Newton as the 2011 draft's top QB prospect.

Gabbert worked out for a horde of talent evaluators and six NFL head coaches after opting not to throw at the scouting combine last month. He completed 44 of 49 throws Thursday.

"This is fun," he said after going through his paces. "I'm going to be happy with whoever picks me."

Sporting long, blond hair, Gabbert even good-naturedly admitted he prefers the nickname "Sunshine" -- a reference to the movie Remember the Titans -- to "Bon Jovi."

According to Mayock, he can "drive the ball with accuracy, he drives it with timing, his arm strength is more than enough."

As for his developing footwork?

"Cleaner than I expected," said Mayock, who compared the pro day performance of Gabbert favorably with former first-rounders Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford.

"I see him as the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft," said Terry Shea, a quarterback coach who designed Gabbert's pro day program.

"I remember the journey we traveled last year with Bradford. When I first met Sam, the Rams were talking nothing but two great defensive tackles. By the time it was over, Sam Bradford was the No. 1 pick.

"Blaine Gabbert is in that same class."

DE Aldon Smith is another Mizzou player likely to end up in the first round.

Mayock dinged him for "tightness in the hips" but says he is "explosive off the edge" and might be best-suited as a 4-3 NFL end if he beefs up from 265 pounds into the 280 range.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/03/nflns-mike-mayock-on-missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-hes-the-first-quarterback-off-the-board/1
Thanks for proving my point. Mayock is unconventional. He doesn't just go with what everybody says as the general consensus. He watches the film and bases his judgment on what he sees. Anyway, its far too early to compare Newton and Gabbert thus far. Also, he didn't even have McFadden as his #1 back in 2008.

In addition, you do realize Aldon Smith was never utilized in coverage for the 49ers? He is really best suited in the 4-3 because Smith isn't good in coverage. Not sure wheat was the point to bring him up when you consider what his role was last year.
: March 27, 2012, 03:49:00 PM Detrimental

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 27, 2012, 03:50:04 PM

He covered Julio Jones pretty tight in a couple plays in 2010 when they threw it to him. Although Jones beat him a couple of times that game but nothing more than 10 yards on like curl routes.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 27, 2012, 04:05:35 PM

Far too early to say Blaine Gabbert should not have been the #1 overall pick in the draft?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock: Richardson best RB since Adrian Peterson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools