Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My case for Burflict in the 2nd « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: March 27, 2012, 07:48:01 PM

This is NFL.coms analyse on Burflict after his lackluster combine performance
With all negatives the press put out on this guy lately, deservingly so, they still gave him an 84.7 grade
He will not be on the board after the 3rd.

Overview

Burflict had a fairly inconsistent career at Arizona State, where he was the Pac-10 Defensive Freshman of the Year, went on to be the consensus top linebacker in the country as a sophomore, and then really fell off as a Junior, much like the entire ASU program. A final season of turmoil, weight issues, discipline issues, and general friction between Burflict and his coaches doesn't leave him in the most favorable position entering the draft, but talent alone should be enough for Burflict to be picked early.

Analysis

Strengths
 Burflict has been a fierce, punishing competitor throughout his career. He is capable of providing a serious physical presence, and likely an upgrade, to the middle of any defense in the NFL. When he is in shape, Burflict can fly from sideline to sideline and cover tight ends well sufficiently in the pass game. He really excels as a pass rusher and inside tackler, where he can meet nearly any RB in the hole and provide a punishing blow that sends the ball carrier backwards. He is savvy and plays instinctually, and he is able to read blocks well to get to the ball. In the right scheme with a support staff in place, Burflict has the capability to be a leading tackler in the NFL.
Weaknesses
 You would be hard-pressed to find a player whose on-field discipline issues had such a negative effect on draft status as Burflict's have affected him this year. He is capable of being the physical inside presence for an NFL defense, but not many coaches are going to have the patience to deal with personal foul penalties like the coaches did at ASU where, frankly, Burflict was the only option inside. He has put on weight within the last year that has really slowed him down, and while that size has boded well for players like Brandon Spikes of New England, it has really inhibited Burflict's athleticism and ability to get sideline to sideline.

Bottom line, Burflict is the man to watch in this draft b/c he has nowhere to go but up.
Quietly as kept, he's been moving slowly up the draft and don't be surprised if he's a projected 2nd rdr come draft day.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 27, 2012, 07:52:57 PM

Putting aside the debate of how good he might or might not be. Why would you draft a guy in the 2nd round that will be available much MUCH later ?

I'll bet my house he's still sitting there after round 4.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#2 : March 27, 2012, 07:53:53 PM

No.

snicker24

Starter
#3 : March 27, 2012, 07:57:02 PM

No.
+1

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : March 27, 2012, 07:58:07 PM

You would be hard-pressed to find a player whose on-field discipline issues had such a negative effect on draft status as Burflict's have affected him this year.

Pass. Might give him a look if he's undrafted.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 27, 2012, 08:03:28 PM

Putting aside the debate of how good he might or might not be. Why would you draft a guy in the 2nd round that will be available much MUCH later ?

I'll bet mine he won't.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 27, 2012, 08:17:55 PM

no no no no no no no no no

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 27, 2012, 08:23:44 PM

Burfict in the 7th? Maybe...just for the sake of letting us get the first chance to cut him.

In the second....please stop smoking crystal meth...it seriously alters your judgment.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 27, 2012, 08:29:30 PM

He won't go until atleast the 4th round at this point. Atleast half the league has his completely off their entire draft board.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : March 27, 2012, 08:33:40 PM

I'll bet mine he won't.

How big is your cardboard box? Does it still have the top flaps?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

nick777777

Starter
#10 : March 27, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

Putting aside his attitude, he is one of my favorite tackling linebackers, he isn't afraid to launch his body into an opposing running back.  If he is there in the third or fourth I would be all for it because I think he would be the type of linebacker that strikes fear into opposing teams.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 27, 2012, 08:41:53 PM

I'll bet mine he won't.

bwahahahahahaha!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

nick777777

Starter
#12 : March 27, 2012, 08:41:54 PM

tell me one linebacker on our team that does anything like this

http://youtu.be/m9sNZT4ATz0

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 27, 2012, 08:46:47 PM

He won't go until atleast the 4th round at this point. Atleast half the league has his completely off their entire draft board.
lol. And you know this b/c one reporter said so?

We have another month before the draft and his stock will rise.

For everyone that doesn't think he's worth a 3rd or even a 4th I'd like to here why.
Don't worry, I'll wait while you go gather some hack reporting job off the internet.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 27, 2012, 08:48:53 PM

I'll bet mine he won't.

That would have been funny a few years ego but it's played out...sorta like "yo momma" jokes

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My case for Burflict in the 2nd « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools