Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My case for Burflict in the 2nd « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 27, 2012, 08:53:27 PM

I got him in the 6th of my mock draft.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : March 27, 2012, 09:01:50 PM

Putting aside the debate of how good he might or might not be. Why would you draft a guy in the 2nd round that will be available much MUCH later ?

I'll bet my house he's still sitting there after round 4.
I'll bet mine he won't.

How big is your cardboard box? Does it still have the top flaps?
That would have been funny a few years ego but it's played out...sorta like "yo momma" jokes

Sorta like Vontaze Burfict...

Now you're asking for a reason why - which means you weren't listening the first time I told you:
You would be hard-pressed to find a player whose on-field discipline issues had such a negative effect on draft status as Burflict's have affected him this year.

The Bucs went to the Super Bowl based on one thing more than any other - everyone bought into the system and played disciplined football. You're not going to get there otherwise. Yet here you are posting articles about how undisciplined he is and wondering why no one wants him...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dean youngblood

Starter

#17 : March 27, 2012, 09:09:41 PM

Who s this Burflict character?

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 27, 2012, 09:10:42 PM

Putting aside the debate of how good he might or might not be. Why would you draft a guy in the 2nd round that will be available much MUCH later ?

I'll bet mine he won't.

Better buy yourself a tent then.  Doubt he even gets drafted at this point.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 27, 2012, 09:10:58 PM

Who s this Burflict character?
He is no Sean Spence.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 27, 2012, 09:17:07 PM

I'll bet mine he won't.

How big is your cardboard box? Does it still have the top flaps?
That would have been funny a few years ego but it's played out...sorta like "yo momma" jokes

Sorta like Vontaze Burfict...

Now you're asking for a reason why - which means you weren't listening the first time I told you:
You would be hard-pressed to find a player whose on-field discipline issues had such a negative effect on draft status as Burflict's have affected him this year.

The Bucs went to the Super Bowl based on one thing more than any other - everyone bought into the system and played disciplined football. You're not going to get there otherwise. Yet here you are posting articles about how undisciplined he is and wondering why no one wants him...
And the Bucs have been losing since the SB.
So you have a one of the most talented, passionate athletes in the draft and your willing to pass on him b/c he's undisciplined?

What happened to the days when players like this went #1 over all? Now they aren't even worth drafted?

What does that say about the coaching staff?

Don't worry though, he'll probably end up with the Jets and Tebow will save him and every other team will be kicking themselves in a year.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : March 27, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

your willing to pass on him b/c he's undisciplined?

Bingo.

What happened to the days when players like this went #1 over all?

Teams wised up.

Tebow will save him and every other team will be kicking themselves in a year.

Allrighty then...

Are you saying that Tebow is going to be playing defense? Or are you just confused?
: March 27, 2012, 09:22:34 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 27, 2012, 09:22:38 PM

I'm was as big a Burfict fan as anyone, and I wouldn't touch him now until the 5th at the earliest.

His offseason has just backed up all the negativity that has surrounded him too much.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 27, 2012, 09:23:40 PM

I'm was as big a Burfict fan as anyone, and I wouldn't touch him now until the 5th at the earliest.

His offseason has just backed up all the negativity that has surrounded him too much.

Me too.

Tunapants

Rookie

#24 : March 27, 2012, 11:12:14 PM

You would be silly to draft him in the second. You would also be just as silly to not draft him in at least the 6th.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 27, 2012, 11:19:58 PM

Seems like there is still some Burfict-love out there. In previous incarnations of this type of thread, we read that Burfict would be a good pick at #5 if only we had vets who could guide him. Others promised he wouldn't make it out of the first round. It'll be an interesting story to follow come the draft.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 27, 2012, 11:25:46 PM

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Barnett-helping-controversial-LB-Burfict/751fa3ca-768f-4fd8-a526-f7e7ee01a42a

Barnett helping controversial LB Burfict
By Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
Posted Feb 27, 2012

There are a handful of players every year in the NFL draft pool that have question marks on them concerning their character. The 2012 draft class is no different. Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict doesn't have drug problems or run-ins with the law. His problem is a short fuse and a style of play that at times has gotten him benched. Its led to numerous personal fouls and even a fight with a teammate. Thats why Burfict has reached out to a veteran Bills linebacker for help.

Nick Barnett, who is represented by the same agency as Burfict, has been working with the linebacker prospect to get his emotions in check.

Ive been helping him realize the game is bigger than him, Barnett told Buffalobills.com. You cant let your emotions get in the way of the greater goal.

The goal being a lengthy and successful NFL career. Burfict led the Sun Devils in tackles each of his last two seasons and earned 2nd-Team All-Pac 10 honors in 2010. His overly aggressive style of play however, likely damaged his reputation in the conference as he received no honors in 2011.

I think some of the attention with all the penalties and issues are a little too much, said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock.

Burfict was flagged for personal fouls, including a pair in the regular season finale this past season against Cal, getting him a seat on the bench for the second half of the game. He also was benched for the teams bowl game. Though the linebacker felt like a bit of a marked man this past season, he owned up to his actions at the Combine.

I was aggressive at times, he said. I just love to hit and just hate to lose.

His actions on the field have been labeled immature at times. Burfict emotions have even gotten the best of him with a teammate after practice.

It started in 7-on-7 and he was running a route and he hit me, recalled Burfict. Were not supposed to hit each other in 7-on-7. He hit me and we had an argument and we took it into the locker room. We started chatting about it and he started rough housing me and he pushed me and my first instinct was to swing at him. Everybody thinks Im a bad person, because my instinct was to swing at a guy.

As a result the range on where Burfict could go in the draft range from late round one to round three.

Burfict insists hes a soft-spoken guy, but he detests losing so much that his "aggression comes out." That being said the linebacker prospect knows NFL clubs arent going to be bothered with a player that cant keep his cool and handing opponents a free 15 yards.

The locker room fight I learned from it, he said. Ive been working with Nick Barnett. He and I have been working on things I can do in the locker room and off the field because this is a business now and there are things you cannot do in business.

Barnett has also been working with Burfict in the film room a bit in addition to giving him counsel.

Hes just been giving me advice about things I can do on and off the field, said Burfict. Its not college anymore and Im an individual working for my coach and my teammates. Hes teaching me how to take care of my business and not do any of the dumb things that I did in college.

Barnett even shared a situation of hiw own with Burfict. Back in 2007 Barnett got in a bit of hot water when he was drawn into an altercation at a night club during his time in Green Bay.  He was eventually cleared of any wrongdoing, but it effectively delivered the message to a young prospect that is eager to prove hes coachable and a team player.

Im taking all the advice that hes given to me and running with it, said Burfict. I just want to let everyone know that Im not the player they assume that I am. Its the wrong picture.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#27 : March 27, 2012, 11:27:22 PM

Me too.

Yup, I was too...right now, I would still consider him in the 4th, but since we don't have a pick in that round, our 5th should be the earliest.

But as stated before, his stock can only go up at this point.

JockStrap

Practice Squad

#28 : March 27, 2012, 11:54:43 PM

Didn't the raiders receive the highest comp pick?

On a side note, I could be sold on the guy in the third. Besides, dom hasn't exactly hit homeruns later in the draft, if at all, might as well swing for the fences

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 28, 2012, 12:12:08 AM

He won't go until atleast the 4th round at this point. Atleast half the league has his completely off their entire draft board.
lol. And you know this b/c one reporter said so?

We have another month before the draft and his stock will rise.

For everyone that doesn't think he's worth a 3rd or even a 4th I'd like to here why.
Don't worry, I'll wait while you go gather some hack reporting job off the internet.

Dude I'd love for us to get Burfict somehow, but nobody's touching that guy until late in the draft. He ran a 4.93 40, looked terrible in LB drills, was just about fully responsible for his college coach's firing because he wouldn't listen to a thing the coach had to say to him. If he falls to rounds 5-7 there's nobody I'd rather take a chance on than him. Especially with how bad the "talent" the Bucs have at LB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My case for Burflict in the 2nd « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools