Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow may have a role on Jets’ special teams « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #60 : August 02, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »

Not familiar with the rules of geek football, but if Tebow is in on the goal line package, isn't he pretty much guaranteed points?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #61 : August 02, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »

Not familiar with the rules of geek football, but if Tebow is in on the goal line package, isn't he pretty much guaranteed points?

1. There is no such thing as guaranteed points.

2. That's assuming their "real" QB can get them near goaline.

Tebow would be best used in wildcat type formations. Having him as a gimmick on goaline or kicking units would eventually get read by defenses, or get him killed. Nowhere in that does it equate to FF numbers.

Not unless Sanchez gets injured. Then there can be a real debate about it. To pick Tebow, someone would really have to believe Sanchez gets the boot or gets hurt game one.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #62 : August 02, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

" Tebow would be best used in wildcat type formations. "

That's exactly what the article says. So, if they score Tebow either threw the pass that scored or ran it in. Wouldn't he get points for either one?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #63 : August 02, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

I almost feel sorry for the guy.
. Why?  Tebow gets more tang in one day than you have gotten in your life.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #64 : August 02, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »

" Tebow would be best used in wildcat type formations. "

That's exactly what the article says. So, if they score Tebow either threw the pass that scored or ran it in. Wouldn't he get points for either one?

Obviously he's going to get the credit from the score.

Penn and Sapp both scored TD's. That does not make either of them a QB.

Tebow is Pinocchio...

Always wanting to be a "real QB," everyone wants him to be a "real QB," but the truth is, he can never be more than what he is.. A former college star that couldn't hack it as a NFL level QB.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #65 : August 02, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

Dude, what is wrong with you? We're talking about special teams and fantasy football points. Try to get a grip.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #66 : August 02, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »

I'm picking Tebow with my first pick in the fantasy draft.

LOL. SOLID... way to waste a pick.

You'd be better off going with the Bronco's starting QB. Since they actually have a QB now.

Peyton Manning is always a good pick.   Tebow will be as well.   Freeman will not.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #67 : August 02, 2012, 07:56:46 PM »

No, just a normal crime.

Java, you seem to be bored with life.  I have several rather fun-loving relatives on Mindinao, one of whom is the governor.  I think you could stand a little release, PM if interested.

Thanks for the offer.   I've never been there though.    I've only been to Manila and Angeles City a couple of times.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #68 : August 03, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »

I'm picking Tebow with my first pick in the fantasy draft.

What league are you in? Do you have room for one more? Hahaha

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #69 : August 03, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »

What league are you in? Do you have room for one more? Hahaha

That's only a good idea if you're not hoping to get Stocker at TE sometime after the 2nd round.
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow may have a role on Jets’ special teams « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools