Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Claiborne on his way to tampa! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 02, 2012, 06:29:39 PM

I'm one of those who wants Claiborne first, but would be happy with TR. I think TR makes our offense scary for the next 6 years and Claiborne solidifies our secondary for 10+

Agree.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 02, 2012, 06:35:28 PM

Bringing in Mo' is a Dominic Smokescreen  8)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MasterC25

Starter
#17 : April 02, 2012, 06:46:03 PM

Claiborne would be such a great addition.  We need a shutdown corner in the pass happy NFC South

Totally Agree, BUT its debateable that he is a shut down corner!

Especially when his toughest competition came from Jarius Wright who MIGHT be a 6th-7th round pick.

>>>>>>>>Claiborne's Resume

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#18 : April 02, 2012, 06:48:47 PM

TR can totally give our offense an identity.....that is why I want TR.....

With that said, Claiborne would be a nice consolation prize.......But no way he has the impact that Trent Richardson will have immediately with a team.

GITM Approved.

MasterC25

Starter
#19 : April 02, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

I'm one of those who wants Claiborne first, but would be happy with TR. I think TR makes our offense scary for the next 6 years and Claiborne solidifies our secondary for 10+

Agree, BUT tomorrow is not promised. Live for the Right now. Draft the player that will make the MOST impact in 2012 and wiill deal with 2022 when that time comes.

That player is Trent Richardson.

We can win the NFCS in 2012 with Trent Richardson.
: April 02, 2012, 06:56:09 PM MasterC25

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 02, 2012, 06:54:51 PM

Hopefully he just stays :D
He's picking out his house and meeting the teammates early.  ;D
And working out the contract ;)
Of course. Picking his number also.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

tmac87

Starter
#21 : April 02, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

Agree, BUT tomorrow is not promised. Live for the Right now. Draft the player that will make the MOST impact in 2012 and wiill deal with 2022 when that time comes.

The draft is not based off the first round pick alone for impact. If Doug Martin was picked up in the 2nd, our offense is doomed? The dropoff from CB in round 1-2 > RB dropoff from round 1-2. VALUE is the name of the game. Get the best value at each pick.  We need a STARTING CB and a complementary RB. I think the only reason to be gung-ho for TR is obviously to be Blount's replacement, but Biggers to get replaced ten times over before Blount.

V. A. L. U. E.

If somehow we traded down, still got TR then traded back up to get the CB Gilmore, I'd be OK with that, but other than trading down, no additional value is built.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 02, 2012, 07:59:49 PM

If we can't get Richardson, the slam dunk of the draft, Claiborne is not a bad settle.

Or vice versa ;)

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 02, 2012, 08:38:32 PM

Good. 
Let's make sure we are picking the actual best fit...

(Like I am part of "we")

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 02, 2012, 08:46:12 PM

1a) Matt Kalil
1b) Morris Claiborne
1c) Trent Richardson

In that order.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 02, 2012, 08:52:21 PM

I endorse this strategy ^^^^^^^^^^

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 02, 2012, 08:54:19 PM

+1 

People tend to forget that a good run game covers up a bad defense. An even with Claiborne, it's still a bad defense.

I refuse to believe that with Blount and Richardson they can't convert third downs routinely.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Buck N Up

Starter

#27 : April 02, 2012, 08:54:43 PM

Clay at 5 & trade up player(s) involved & a 2nd for a mid-late 1st & grab richardson?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 02, 2012, 09:35:12 PM

+1 

People tend to forget that a good run game covers up a bad defense. An even with Claiborne, it's still a bad defense.

I refuse to believe that with Blount and Richardson they can't convert third downs routinely.

It's not like we can't draft a productive RB later. Look back at the 2008 draft. Darren McFadden was supposed to be one of those can't miss RBs and hes a good RB and all. Would make our team a lot better like Richardson would. However you can draft Ray Rice and Matt Forte in the 2nd rd. Much like this draft where we can most likely draft a good back later. That's why I don't mind getting great defensive player like Claiborne and getting a productive RB later. Really either player is fine with me. I just feel we can get two needs filled and with very good players.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#29 : April 02, 2012, 09:48:12 PM

1a) Matt Kalil
1b) Morris Claiborne
1c) Trent Richardson

In that order.
I also endorse this

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Claiborne on his way to tampa! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools