Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Claiborne on his way to tampa! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : April 02, 2012, 09:51:51 PM

I'm one of those who wants Claiborne first, but would be happy with TR. I think TR makes our offense scary for the next 6 years and Claiborne solidifies our secondary for 10+

Agree, BUT tomorrow is not promised. Live for the Right now. Draft the player that will make the MOST impact in 2012 and wiill deal with 2022 when that time comes.

That player is Trent Richardson.

We can win the NFCS in 2012 with Trent Richardson.

+1 

People tend to forget that a good run game covers up a bad defense. An even with Claiborne, it's still a bad defense.

I refuse to believe that with Blount and Richardson they can't convert third downs routinely.
But how much better is the defense with Claiborne at CB and Blount and Martin/Miller converting 3rd downs?

Or how much better would it be with Claiborne at CB, David at OLB and Blount and Pead/LMJ converting 3rd downs?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 02, 2012, 09:53:31 PM

I'm one of those who wants Claiborne first, but would be happy with TR. I think TR makes our offense scary for the next 6 years and Claiborne solidifies our secondary for 10+

Agree, BUT tomorrow is not promised. Live for the Right now. Draft the player that will make the MOST impact in 2012 and wiill deal with 2022 when that time comes.

+1 

People tend to forget that a good run game covers up a bad defense. An even with Claiborne, it's still a bad defense.

I refuse to believe that with Blount and Richardson they can't convert third downs routinely.

But, a bad defense can eliminate a good run game ... as we have seen on to many occasions.  You get down 20+ points and I don't care how good your run game is, your gonna pass.

Claiborne alone won't fix our defensive issues, but its a HUGE step in the right direction.

Buck N Up

Starter

#32 : April 02, 2012, 09:54:27 PM

There's better starting deph at RB then at CB. IMO

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 02, 2012, 09:54:45 PM

+1 

Do you not think Blount and lets say Martin or Lamar Miller would be a formidable tandem,  running behind our new line? Let's take a corner who will be able to shut down some of the great WRs we have to face in our division and get a back in the second round who still gives us a dangerous run game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 02, 2012, 09:55:07 PM

+1 

But, a bad defense can eliminate a good run game ... as we have seen on to many occasions.  You get down 20+ points and I don't care how good your run game is, your gonna pass.

Claiborne alone won't fix our defensive issues, but its a HUGE step in the right direction.

Exactly.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 02, 2012, 09:58:08 PM

For all you clamoring for a RB....Michael Pittman and Mike Alstott have not been with the team for years. While Ronde has been here for 16...he was here at the start of our playoff stretch, here during the glorious triumph, and is still here holding down the fort. Ronde is  one of the biggest reasons we have a Lombardi trophy in Tampa. We need a guy like Claiborne to pick up from where Ronde will leave.

Thought Brian Kelly was supposed to do that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 02, 2012, 10:01:00 PM

TR can totally give our offense an identity.....that is why I want TR.....

With that said, Claiborne would be a nice consolation prize.......But no way he has the impact that Trent Richardson will have immediately with a team.

GITM Approved.
Claiborne is better than Biggers, Mack, Moron Lewis, Gaitor, and whatever other scrub Dom brought in off the highway exit. He will have rookie issues, and he may be a bust. TR may also take the route of injury prone. His knee is a issue to me. It's all a crapshoot. But the Bucs defense breeds my contempt. They are downright pitiable. Nothing has been done to remedy the defense. Unless Wright makes right. Talib is done IMO. Just a piece of crap I won't root for. I don't root for punk arse, "go look at the tape", fist swinging, gangsters who shoot guns in ANY neighborhood with innocent bystanders in the area.

Draft Claiborne. Dear Sweer Baby Jesus, DRAFT Claiborne!

MasterC25

Starter
#37 : April 02, 2012, 10:01:04 PM

The draft is not based off the first round pick alone for impact. If Doug Martin was picked up in the 2nd, our offense is doomed? The dropoff from CB in round 1-2 > RB dropoff from round 1-2. VALUE is the name of the game. Get the best value at each pick.  We need a STARTING CB and a complementary RB. I think the only reason to be gung-ho for TR is obviously to be Blount's replacement, but Biggers to get replaced ten times over before Blount.

V. A. L. U. E.

If somehow we traded down, still got TR then traded back up to get the CB Gilmore, I'd be OK with that, but other than trading down, no additional value is built.

Thats funny because I disagree totally. The drop of in rB in round 1-2 >CB dropoff from round 1-2.

Mo Claiborne is not that impressive to me. IMO if Janoris Jenkins didnt have any baggage he is picked ahead of Claiborne.

MasterC25

Starter
#38 : April 02, 2012, 10:04:29 PM

+1 

It's not like we can't draft a productive RB later. Look back at the 2008 draft. Darren McFadden was supposed to be one of those can't miss RBs and hes a good RB and all. Would make our team a lot better like Richardson would. However you can draft Ray Rice and Matt Forte in the 2nd rd. Much like this draft where we can most likely draft a good back later. That's why I don't mind getting great defensive player like Claiborne and getting a productive RB later. Really either player is fine with me. I just feel we can get two needs filled and with very good players.

Your only assuming they will be a good-great back in the later rounds. I can easily say lets wait till the 3rd round and grab a ronde barber type or maybe in the 5th an get a Cortland Finnegan.

Bottomline Trent Richardson>>>Claiborne

Makes a BIGGER impact day 1 on this team. Claiborne would be our slot CB

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 02, 2012, 10:04:46 PM

Jenkins is not a Schiano guy. Less baggage please.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 02, 2012, 10:05:59 PM

The draft is not based off the first round pick alone for impact. If Doug Martin was picked up in the 2nd, our offense is doomed? The dropoff from CB in round 1-2 > RB dropoff from round 1-2. VALUE is the name of the game. Get the best value at each pick.  We need a STARTING CB and a complementary RB. I think the only reason to be gung-ho for TR is obviously to be Blount's replacement, but Biggers to get replaced ten times over before Blount.

V. A. L. U. E.

If somehow we traded down, still got TR then traded back up to get the CB Gilmore, I'd be OK with that, but other than trading down, no additional value is built.

Thats funny because I disagree totally. The drop of in rB in round 1-2 >CB dropoff from round 1-2.

Mo Claiborne is not that impressive to me. IMO if Janoris Jenkins didnt have any baggage he is picked ahead of Claiborne.

Who cares about Jenkins. We're not taking him after the Talib debacle. Take him out and the drop off is worse than RB IMO.

MasterC25

Starter
#41 : April 02, 2012, 10:06:40 PM

Can the guy have a draft under his belt before yall armchair GMs declare to know who is and who isn't a Schiano guy

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 02, 2012, 10:08:31 PM

Can the guy have a draft under his belt before yall armchair GMs declare to know who is and who isn't a Schiano guy

Doesn't matter who it is. Why would they take a chance on a troubled corner when they have one on their roster already they are worried about?

MasterC25

Starter
#43 : April 02, 2012, 10:11:06 PM

V. A. L. U. E.

Who cares about Jenkins. We're not taking him after the Talib debacle. Take him out and the drop off is worse than RB IMO.

Ok Ill take ou jenkins, Im not sure Claiborne is head and shoulders above Kirkpatrick and Gilmore.

We have seen Dre and Gilmore go up aginst the likes of Julio Jones and AJ Green. Thats on tape so evualations against top talent can be made.

The best player Claiborne has gone up against is Jarius Wright a player that MIGHT be selected in 6th-7th round!

Show me the Resume of Claiborne being worth a top 10 pick. I dont see it. Not on tape against NFL talent at least.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 02, 2012, 10:11:06 PM

Doesn't matter who it is. Why would they take a chance on a troubled corner when they have one on their roster already they are worried about?
I assumed a reply wasn't necessito, but por favor senior.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris Claiborne on his way to tampa! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools