Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne making Vince Young look like Myron Rolle? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #30 : April 03, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »

so if true he would be tied for the lowest Wonderlick score ever.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
« #31 : April 03, 2012, 09:14:45 AM »

you guys are tripping over a wonderlik score. in 10 years no one will care about. what they will care about is how many picks he had, how many touchdowns he scored, and how many championships he won.

The difference is, this is the NFL we are talking about.  He's not going to be going up against a bunch of guys you will never hear their names ever again.  You have to have a head on your shoulders to play in this league. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of not so bright guys out there playing but from this score he may be one of the dumbest to come around this high in the draft in recent memory.   If I was signing the check there is no way I'm rolling the dice on a guy that probably doesn't even know how to write a check.  After listening to our new DC, he sounds like he needs guys that know how to study and learn their assignments, not guys who just line up and drop into coverage and hope for the best.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
« #32 : April 03, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »

For those of you that wonder about Blount's mental capacity to pick up a playbook, he got a 16.  Rejus Benn got an 11.  I remember when Benn came in they said it was taking him some time to pick up the playbook.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/22/more-wonderlic-scores-leaking-out/

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 03, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

His DB coach will be able to tell the Bucs about his functional football IQ. That is all.

yungbull

Starter
« #34 : April 03, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »

This is horrible timing for him since his visit with the team begins today.  DRAFT TRENT!!

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
« #35 : April 03, 2012, 09:29:19 AM »

Revis got a 10...

The scores on the Wonderlic test are not supposed to get out, but they often do. This year the eye-opener was LSU’s Patrick Peterson, the top-rated cornerback, had the lowest Wonderlic score at his position (nine). A.J. Green, a receiver with a first-round grade, had a 10.   

What does it mean? It may not mean anything. Peterson and Green still will be top-10 picks. A poor Wonderlic score doesn’t foreshadow a poor career. Darrelle Revis of the Jets scored a 10 and he is the best cornerback in the league. Andre Johnson scored a 14 and he is one of the best receivers in the game. So as in all standardized tests, the results are not absolute.

http://www.csnwashington.com/04/05/11/bEagles-Mailbagb-Turf-O-line-the-Wonderl/mobile_landing.html?blockID=497524&tagID=19231

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #36 : April 03, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »

Revis, with his 10, has been a model for turning film study into man to man coverage performances over the last few years. If it were any other position I'd be more concerned. Same reason I'm not completely concerned that Talib is a dumb @ss (at least on the field. The off the field distractions have been too many). Those guy play on an island, and their ability to lock up a WR is much more important than their comprehensions on the concepts of the defense.
« : April 03, 2012, 09:33:18 AM BucsPirate1 »

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #37 : April 03, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »

For those of you that wonder about Blount's mental capacity to pick up a playbook, he got a 16.  Rejus Benn got an 11.  I remember when Benn came in they said it was taking him some time to pick up the playbook.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/22/more-wonderlic-scores-leaking-out/

You can definitely tell from his play on the field that Benn can't remember a damn thing he was told to do. If he could there's no way the guy wouldn't have put up better numbers than he has.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #38 : April 03, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »

Someone please school me. What kind of questions are on this test.

Also, not trying to be passive but have any considered he may be a horrible test taker? I ran across people who are incrediably book smart but dumb as a bag of rock to common sense and practical knowledge.....vice versa.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 03, 2012, 09:36:52 AM »

So here's where things get interesting...

Bucs are trying to change their culture and public perception...does this information hurt the marketing of their team? Would a possible starting tandem of Talib and Claiborne at cornerback be an accurate representation of the direction of the club? Is Ron Turner "standing on the table" and risking his rep for this guy on draft day?

You have to wonder if this hurts his chances of being picked by Tampa....

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

naborhood

Second String

« #40 : April 03, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »

it's all about winning. take whoever gives the bucs the best chance to win.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 03, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »

it's all about winning. take whoever gives the bucs the best chance to win.

I don't think it's as simple as that....if it was then they'd have hired a different coach.....no, I think this has a lot to do with marketing.

yungbull

Starter
« #42 : April 03, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »

Someone please school me. What kind of questions are on this test.

Also, not trying to be passive but have any considered he may be a horrible test taker? I ran across people who are incrediably book smart but dumb as a bag of rock to common sense and practical knowledge.....vice versa.

Check it out... http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 03, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »

Put yourself in the GM shoes for a moment....do you wanna have to immediately justify picking this guy or do you want someone that people are genuinely excited about?

I'm not even saying Claiborne is a dunce...his interviews didn't reveal him to be short-bus or anything like that....but again.....does he fit with the model that you're selling now that world knows he only scored 4 on the Wonderlic?

I'm pretty neutral on this personally but I think from a business standpoint, it does create another doubt....

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
« #44 : April 03, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »

Some people here mentioned Tracy Porter...he got a 4 also...

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/wonderlic-29473/

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne making Vince Young look like Myron Rolle? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools