Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yungbull

Starter
: April 03, 2012, 05:09:46 PM

@ProFootballTalk 
Saint agree to five year deal with LB David Hawthorne per league source.

Am I missing something here??

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 03, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

Bounty program casualties need sto be filled...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 03, 2012, 05:12:39 PM

Wow, you've got to be kidding me.  At least we can see who is serious about upgrading their LB corps.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 03, 2012, 05:14:05 PM

hm. They can't possibly be intent on using him as a starter over Lofton AND Tatupu?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

yungbull

Starter
#4 : April 03, 2012, 05:15:17 PM

If a player like Vilma isn't cut, then gets suspended, does he still count against the cap??

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#5 : April 03, 2012, 05:17:24 PM

If a player like Vilma isn't cut, then gets suspended, does he still count against the cap??

I believe so, as long as its not a year long suspension.  Also, it looks like draft or bust for us for any linebackers.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 03, 2012, 05:18:19 PM

un-freaking-believable.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 03, 2012, 05:21:35 PM

hm. They can't possibly be intent on using him as a starter over Lofton AND Tatupu?

Falcons signed Tatupu.  Lofton will be MIKE, and Hawthorne will be OLB, likely WILL.  They have Martez Wilson grooming for SAM.

yungbull

Starter
#8 : April 03, 2012, 05:22:58 PM

I believe so, as long as its not a year long suspension.  Also, it looks like draft or bust for us for any linebackers.

You may be right but I don't understand how that makes sense.  How does a player that is suspended w/o pay, have a salary that is counted against the cap?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 03, 2012, 05:25:19 PM

Wow I thought the saints were close to being in cap hell but I guess not.. Vilma must be already out the door

youngone

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2012, 05:26:33 PM

I think the base salary of a suspended player is taken off the salary cap

BusterK

Practice Squad
#11 : April 03, 2012, 05:29:52 PM

Suspended players don't count versus the game for the number of games they're suspended. Like, if you're suspended for 4 games, you'll only count on the salary cap for 75% of your cap numbers.

geetech84

Starter

#12 : April 03, 2012, 05:30:27 PM

@ProFootballTalk 

I saw that too...that's some Bull... How the heck do they have the cap to sign these players...

They get a great OG to replace their great OG that left..resign their best WR. Then sign a good Run stuffer DT. Then trun around and sign the 2nd and 3rd beat LB in FA.

This is not fair..why does their GM got to wait to.the start of the season, he should be already suspended..so the Saints can't sign no one..they dont.care  about their picks, they don't draft good aways,, most their hits are in FA, and late rounds or undrafted players...

The Saint even with out their coach, is gonna be great, and their D is gonna be alot better, then last year.

Supreme

Starter

#13 : April 03, 2012, 05:31:26 PM

Wow. Wish the Bucs tried strengthening their weakest unit.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 03, 2012, 05:40:53 PM

@ProFootballTalk 

I saw that too...that's some Bull... How the heck do they have the cap to sign these players...

They get a great OG to replace their great OG that left..resign their best WR. Then sign a good Run stuffer DT. Then trun around and sign the 2nd and 3rd beat LB in FA.

This is not fair..why does their GM got to wait to.the start of the season, he should be already suspended..so the Saints can't sign no one..they dont.care  about their picks, they don't draft good aways,, most their hits are in FA, and late rounds or undrafted players...

The Saint even with out their coach, is gonna be great, and their D is gonna be alot better, then last year.

They will have to cut players and restructure some existing contracts so they are not paying guys much this year.  Man this really has to be pissing off Brees.
: April 03, 2012, 05:42:27 PM XFactor

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools