Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 03, 2012, 11:58:08 PM

Fletcher's gonna re-sign with the Skins. It's just a matter of time.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 04, 2012, 01:04:10 AM

If a player like Vilma isn't cut, then gets suspended, does he still count against the cap??

Suspended players don't count versus the game for the number of games they're suspended. Like, if you're suspended for 4 games, you'll only count on the salary cap for 75% of your cap numbers.

Salary yes. Pro rated bonus still counts vs. the cap.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#32 : April 04, 2012, 01:22:27 AM

The Saints are improved against the run, but who is going to cover the TE.  I wanted Lofton because I thought he was the best FA, but he is an above average player and nothing special. 

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#33 : April 04, 2012, 02:05:13 AM

Hawthorne will be out of position outside.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2012, 07:27:01 AM

Saints are trying to make positive news to offset the PR disaster they are going through , which is why they keep signing people. All this patchwork signing of one dimensional lb'ers that no one else even wanted isn't going to make thier defense significantly better. Thier pass defense has actually gotten worse - bad news in a passing league.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 04, 2012, 08:26:13 AM

Good signing by the Saints. They went from total dog crap at LB to pretty good in a week. I hope the Bucs know what they're doing with the total dog crap they have at LB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 04, 2012, 08:27:21 AM

Saw a segment on NFL network yesterday essentially saying that the Falcons, Panthers and Saints are all so low on cap room that they'll have to make cuts to sign drafted players.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 04, 2012, 08:46:00 AM

oh noes!!!!! Saints signed a LB no one else in the NFL wanted! There are on course to win another championship after that blockbuster signing!!!

Hawthorn = top 20 OLB

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 04, 2012, 08:49:08 AM

I think this says the Saints already know what the suspensions are going to be and are already making moves to protect themselves.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Saints have had a tremendous off-season in talent acquisition. It will be interesting to see the suspensions....because that may be the only thing keeping them from 13-3 again.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 04, 2012, 08:51:07 AM

I think this says the Saints already know what the suspensions are going to be and are already making moves to protect themselves.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Saints have had a tremendous off-season in talent acquisition. It will be interesting to see the suspensions....because that may be the only thing keeping them from 13-3 again.

That and the fact that they've used up all thier available cap room and still haven't res-signed Drew Brees yet...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 04, 2012, 08:59:16 AM

oh noes!!!!! Saints signed a LB no one else in the NFL wanted! There are on course to win another championship after that blockbuster signing!!!

Hawthorn = top 20 OLB
He's no cheetah.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#41 : April 04, 2012, 10:01:44 AM

I think the saints arfe going all in to try and win the championship this year, and are mortgaging their future in the process.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 04, 2012, 10:39:19 AM

The Saints are going to stop the run....in a passing league.  LMAO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 04, 2012, 12:06:37 PM

Hawthorne will be out of position outside.

Hawthorne has played well outside in Seattle before Tatupu started sucking.  Another good signing for NO, as much as some folks want to bury their head in the sand about it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 04, 2012, 12:18:41 PM

I'm fine that they are going all in for a championship. On a year that their coach is suspended all year. The cap space is gonna make things tough going forward.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools