Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 04, 2012, 12:21:43 PM

Porter was ho hum last season, but that was still a big loss.  Gearing up to stop the run, and blitz like mad on third and long sounds good in theory, but in reality teams pass on 1st and 2nd down now.   They don't have the secondary personnel to match up properly against the pass in base.  And in nickel it becomes worse for them matchup wise.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 04, 2012, 02:21:17 PM

but in reality teams pass on 1st and 2nd down now. 

Have you listened to Schiano talk about our offensive strategy?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 04, 2012, 02:23:02 PM

I think I heard Freeman say yesterday that they will have situations where they want to throw more. I dont think Schiano is all run and no pass.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 04, 2012, 02:46:40 PM

I think I heard Freeman say yesterday that they will have situations where they want to throw more. I dont think Schiano is all run and no pass.
"We've turned around our program at Rutgers on the shoulders of Ray Rice. He was a bell-cow guy. I don't know what his average per carries was, but he certainly never walked off the field feeling like he hadn't had enough touches. I can promise you that.

"So I do believe if you have the right one, you just feed him. And great backs want the ball. I would check with Ray continuously. 'How are you feeling, big guy?' 'Keep giving me the ball. Keep giving me the ball.' That's all he wanted. 'Give me the ball. Give me the ball.'

"When you have those types of backs, I've been around some of them Ki-Jana Carter was like that at Penn State - at Miami we had a slew of them. They all want touches to get into a groove. But you've got to have that guy. I always talk about touches during a football game.

"It's kind of like a pizza and you earn your slice of the pie. The better the player you are, the more productive you are, we're going to find ways to get you touches. And you earn them. They're not handed out. You earn them."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#49 : April 04, 2012, 02:48:04 PM

I can't believe both Lofton and Hawthorne both signed with the Saints :/

Damn Dominik, can we get someone? Black and Foster ain't getting it done bro.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 04, 2012, 04:14:32 PM

I agree that the Saints improved their LBs, because it was a terrible unit for them.

Still, I don't think adding two guys who apparently weren't all that beloved by their own team is going to make a big difference.

FRG, I don't think that says much more than he'd rather have one do-it-all guy then a committee.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another LB to the Saints?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools