Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborns Reaction to first work day with new coaching staff. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 04, 2012, 01:43:08 AM

Adrian Clayborn ‏ @AJaClay
Feel like im in college again

INTERDASTING...Clayborn was put in charge to lead the D in college...

This makes me lean more towards his first comment being about the atmosphere last year. I wonder if Schiano tore into the team Monday morning about partying and being late.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 04, 2012, 07:37:51 AM

How can anyone think he is comparing right now to the Raheem era. He wasn't even in the NFL this time last year and when he did get drafted it was during a lockout. If he's talking about football he's simply saying "time to get back to work"

The reason I thought this was a possibility because Schiano spent most of Monday morning addressing the team regarding his philosophy and how he expects to win games. Here are a couple of quotes from Freeman's PC yesterday :

"Coach Schiano has a really strong personality,'' Freeman said. "He's kind of old-school. I'm real excited just talking to him about different leadership aspects."

"He gave us a great opening speech,'' Freeman said, "telling us about himself, what he believes in and how we're going to win football games in Tampa.''

That sounds like a coach who is gonna get back to the basics and work these guys hard.  We know Raheem kept it way too loose last year....

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 04, 2012, 08:19:18 AM

I thought Schaino was the perfect fit when we hired him. Since then I'm even happier he is our HC. Guy is exactly what this team needs.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#18 : April 04, 2012, 10:01:29 AM

This makes me lean more towards his first comment being about the atmosphere last year. I wonder if Schiano tore into the team Monday morning about partying and being late.

Great thing about Twitter is each of us can read what we want. With the 2nd comment it solidifies my belief that Coach laid the smack down in a strong professional manner to the team and let them know there is a new standard and that standard is probably closer to the standards the players had in college compared to last year. In college players had to call every coach, "Coach", last year the players called the coaches by their first name or nick name. I'm pretty sure that is just one of many things that changed yesterday.

lemmer40

Second String

#19 : April 04, 2012, 10:40:23 AM

I was following Clayborn on Twitter until he blocked me. 

During their losing streak last year I told him to stopping tweeting nonsense until they actually won a game.  Guess he didn't like my comment since he blocked me after that.  Oh well.....

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 04, 2012, 10:59:48 AM

Great thing about Twitter is each of us can read what we want. With the 2nd comment it solidifies my belief that Coach laid the smack down in a strong professional manner to the team and let them know there is a new standard and that standard is probably closer to the standards the players had in college compared to last year. In college players had to call every coach, "Coach", last year the players called the coaches by their first name or nick name. I'm pretty sure that is just one of many things that changed yesterday.
???You like twitter b/c it lets you take ppls comments out of context so it can fit your belief's?

Wow! I'm officially afraid our the future when ppl can say stuff like this, in public, without any shame.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#21 : April 04, 2012, 11:49:39 AM

???You like twitter b/c it lets you take ppls comments out of context so it can fit your belief's?

Wow! I'm officially afraid our the future when ppl can say stuff like this, in public, without any shame.

Relax Captain Apocalypse, When players/people/celebrities  post vague 3 word sentences on twitter what context is there to take into consideration? There isn't any context, they are inviting speculation, controversy, and questions. Get on twitter and you will figure it out.  :P

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 04, 2012, 12:02:37 PM

The one armed bandit will be a beast in Schiano's over fronts.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 04, 2012, 12:06:15 PM

It also make me wonder if Clayborn is going to be his "boy." He's started more games than McCoy has, works hard, and is consistant. Clayborn is possibly the guy he would look at as an example of what he preaches.

I would like to think Schiano would lean towards him more than the rest of the defense, besides Barber (who won't be here very long).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Clayborns Reaction to first work day with new coaching staff. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools