Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

gone

Hall of Famer
#225 : July 22, 2013, 04:26:09 PM

I think our nation learned from Vietnam, that spitting on our Soldiers isn't the right thing to do - but rather showing reverence for Soldiers is the way to go.

Then you think wrong.   This military being allowed to board first did not happen after vietnam ended or even in the next 30 years after it.   It happened after 9/11 and the propaganda that ensued following that.    It had nothing to do with Vietnam.

It happened after 9/11, but had nothing to do with propaganda.  Or at least with post 9/11 propaganda.  What happened was than may people woke up to the realization that despite decades of liberal propaganda and demonization, our military wasn't a bunch of violent rejects we sent to other countries to kill babies and rape and pillage "like Genghis Khan", but that there really are bad guys out there that we have to deal with.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#226 : July 22, 2013, 04:33:23 PM

I think our nation learned from Vietnam, that spitting on our Soldiers isn't the right thing to do - but rather showing reverence for Soldiers is the way to go.

Then you think wrong.   This military being allowed to board first did not happen after vietnam ended or even in the next 30 years after it.   It happened after 9/11 and the propaganda that ensued following that.    It had nothing to do with Vietnam.

It happened after 9/11, but had nothing to do with propaganda.  Or at least with post 9/11 propaganda.  What happened was than may people woke up to the realization that despite decades of liberal propaganda and demonization, our military wasn't a bunch of violent rejects we sent to other countries to kill babies and rape and pillage "like Genghis Khan", but that there really are bad guys out there that we have to deal with.

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#227 : July 22, 2013, 04:35:14 PM

The people who don't get the respect they deserve are the taxpayers who actually pay for the military. And that's about 50% of us. We really should have a National Taxpayer Day where the low lives and irresponsible bums can thank us for paying for the military, food stamps, welfare babies all of the things we do. It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior. We need a day where the "Occupy" losers could come on stage and shake Mitt Romney's hand and thank him for paying so much in taxes since they can't/won't. It would be beautiful.

Thanks for making my day.  Though I do think our military plays a unique role in our society.
You do realize the guys we're talking about are just following orders and helping to protect our freedoms as well as paying taxes.  Speaking of freedoms you're free to do something about this or you can leave if you wish.  You can thank our guys for that.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#228 : July 22, 2013, 04:54:05 PM

The people who don't get the respect they deserve are the taxpayers who actually pay for the military. And that's about 50% of us. We really should have a National Taxpayer Day where the low lives and irresponsible bums can thank us for paying for the military, food stamps, welfare babies all of the things we do. It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior. We need a day where the "Occupy" losers could come on stage and shake Mitt Romney's hand and thank him for paying so much in taxes since they can't/won't. It would be beautiful.

you're de**CENSORED**able to categorize our Soldiers with welfare recipients

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#229 : July 22, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

huh?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#230 : July 22, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

huh?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#231 : July 22, 2013, 05:15:00 PM

huh?

he is talking about things that taxpayers pay for. He had to include military in the the list ofhings taxpayers pay for because a) its true and b) that was the premise (in bold) of the comment (i.e, that taxpayers should get some credit because they pay for the military)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#232 : July 22, 2013, 05:23:12 PM

Thanks for making my day.  Though I do think our military plays a unique role in our society.

no problem with him grouping military with the social welfare programs? Every single military member pays his share of taxes as well - don't you forget that.

DejaVu

Starter

#233 : July 22, 2013, 06:34:09 PM

Every single military member pays his share of taxes as well - don't you forget that.

Paying taxes out of tax payer money.   LOL!   Seems hypocritical.   Just pay them less.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#234 : July 22, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

"no problem with him grouping military with the social welfare programs?"

Looked more like he was grouping it with 'things paid for with taxpayer money.' There's no reason to assume that everything taxes pay for is a social welfare program. Except for Congress.

: July 22, 2013, 06:42:17 PM Von Mises

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#235 : July 22, 2013, 06:51:40 PM

It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior.

Most likely much less time than the average Soldier spends away from their kids.

Besides, you get to keep your limbs.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#236 : July 22, 2013, 07:09:50 PM

It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior.

Most likely much less time than the average Soldier spends away from their kids.

Besides, you get to keep your limbs.

funny that you seem to think his comments were directed at soldiers when the seem to be directed at the 50% who dont pay taxes ...not soldiers . . . . . oh well.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#237 : July 22, 2013, 07:29:25 PM

That's how I took it as well, but you're going to have to yell a lot louder than that if you want to reach Morgan on top of his genuine American made, paid for with taxpayer dollars, replica from the movie Patton, patriotic bandstand.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#238 : July 22, 2013, 08:40:17 PM

Up until about 1991 (Gulf 1) the military was treated by the general population as a piece of crap. At least in the UK/Europe and I assume it was similar over here. After 1991 when the military started deploying into combat zones on a more frequent basis, started coming home in bags and on stretchers, and especially after 911 the mood changed and a little respect and gratitude emerged. I know I am biased and a little love doesn't make up for the decades of disdain, but it's nice to see. Plus the guys who have been on total deployment for the last decade deserve it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#239 : July 22, 2013, 09:29:39 PM

funny that you seem to think his comments were directed at soldiers when the seem to be directed at the 50% who dont pay taxes ...not soldiers . . . . . oh well.

She did it deliberately, looking for attention.
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools