Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 04, 2012, 06:43:28 PM

What really pissed me off was the abc article about the taxpayer funded airport to nowhere. Millions of taxpayers dollars (currently) spent on a airport hanger, runway, and terminal, control tower, and no flights coming or going.

How long are we going to gripe about wasting tax payers dollars before we do something about it?
Not anytime soon. We're too worried about how fast is fast food, what will the new nike uniforms look like, and why are poor people poor to get mad about government waste.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : April 04, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

If the airport doesn't go anywhere, why do you care about service members getting on first?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 04, 2012, 07:01:20 PM

damn those that fought for my freedom!!!!!! im going to freely whine about people showing them small forms of thank yous by letting them get in line before me!!!!

this has to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Its times like these I wish the N-word wasnt tied to a race because its the perfect fit here by definition.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#48 : April 04, 2012, 07:14:06 PM

damn those that fought for my freedom!!!!!! im going to freely whine about people showing them small forms of thank yous by letting them get in line before me!!!!

this has to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Its times like these I wish the N-word wasnt tied to a race because its the perfect fit here by definition.

You're an Iraqi?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 04, 2012, 07:35:21 PM

That's the way I roll when you purposely mischaracterize my words.

Vince mischaracterizing your words? Surely you jest!  :o

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 04, 2012, 08:03:10 PM

That's the way I roll when you purposely mischaracterize my words.

Vince mischaracterizing your words? Surely you jest!  :o

Casting pearls before swine, etc.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 04, 2012, 08:40:26 PM

You're an Iraqi?
Taking on al-Qaeda is a global fight for the war on terror. Hopefully you and your loved ones don't experience was thousands went through on 9/11.

Saddam Hussein actually did a pretty good job keeping al-Qaeda out of Iraq. There are more al-Qaeda in Iraq now than there ever were under Hussein. But hey, why let facts get in the way of the narrative.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : April 04, 2012, 09:29:41 PM

Saddam Hussein actually did a pretty good job keeping al-Qaeda out of Iraq. There are more al-Qaeda in Iraq now than there ever were under Hussein. But hey, why let facts get in the way of the narrative.

Jeez CBW, have you just changed your meds or something? It seems of late you're trying to pick fights with anybody and everybody about anything and everything!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 04, 2012, 09:32:55 PM

You're an Iraqi?
Taking on al-Qaeda is a global fight for the war on terror. Hopefully you and your loved ones don't experience was thousands went through on 9/11.

for some ppl it does take a youtube video and a cheesy line about taking the fight to U.S. funded Al Qaida to join the military.

For me...I'll just send our President Obama a thank you email for pulling the troops out of that dump.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#54 : April 04, 2012, 09:34:57 PM

Anyways, back to subject matter. The first I observed this kind of thing was servicemen and service women being paid respect by older veterans, i.e. Vietnam vets who were treated like a piece of **CENSORED** when they came back from the combat zone. They made clear and visible signs of respect that said, been there and seen that son, you're not alone. People caught on.

It is, and has always been VOLUNTARY. If you don't like it you don't have to participate. Easy when you get down to it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 04, 2012, 09:40:02 PM

Exactly right with that last sentence Spartan - folks feel differently about things - and I don't care if you agree with me any more than you care if I agree with you. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 04, 2012, 09:42:45 PM

If you call shooting up farmers in Afhgan, "fighting for my freedom", then you've got to be the most ignorant person on the planet.

And it's not "freely" whining if my tax dollars are paying their salary which means I can say whatever the **CENSORED** I want.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 04, 2012, 09:43:55 PM

"The War on Terror" sustaining a never ending grinding of moral entities.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#58 : April 04, 2012, 09:49:44 PM

If you call shooting up farmers in Afhgan, "fighting for my freedom", then you've got to be the most ignorant person on the planet.

And it's not "freely" whining if my tax dollars are paying their salary which means I can say whatever the **CENSORED** I want.
You're free and working - say what you want when you want.  Others don't agree - then you have to decide if you have the azz to take it. 

Now - having an issue with the guys on the ground for the decisions made in how to prosecute the war in Afghanistan is a pretty big reach... and one I don't agree with.  But this isn't my issue - this is one you are working out for you. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#59 : April 04, 2012, 09:56:26 PM

Anyways, back to subject matter. The first I observed this kind of thing was servicemen and service women being paid respect by older veterans, i.e. Vietnam vets who were treated like a piece of **CENSORED** when they came back from the combat zone. They made clear and visible signs of respect that said, been there and seen that son, you're not alone. People caught on.

It is, and has always been VOLUNTARY. If you don't like it you don't have to participate. Easy when you get down to it.
Yeah. My old man is a vietnam vet and he's been anti-war every since.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools