Boards > Pirate's Cove

why do service members get all the love?

(1/25) > >>

wreck ship:
Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

BucfanNC12:

CalcuttaRain:

--- Quote from: wreck ship on April 04, 2012, 10:41:27 AM ---Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

--- End quote ---

Agenda in bold.

Might also want to brush up on history if you truly think the "military complex" is an "absolute waste of money"  Heck, maybe even start by looking up the meaning of "absolute."

Cyrus:
The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

BucNY:
Can't think of one reason huh?

BucfanNC12:

--- Quote from: Durango 95 on April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM ---The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

--- End quote ---

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: Durango 95 on April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM ---The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

--- End quote ---
I don't respect my family members who have served any less b/c of their service but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give them a special shout out during the blessing of sunday dinner.

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: BucfanNC12 on April 04, 2012, 11:21:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Durango 95 on April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM ---The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

--- End quote ---

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.

--- End quote ---
You can't compare atheletes and entertainers to public workers.

But yes, politicians suck gas

acacius:
Face.  Palm.

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.  Letting uniformed servicemen board first is a really trivial way to say, "hey, thanks guys".  Whining about it seems pretty immature.

Cyrus:

--- Quote from: acacius on April 04, 2012, 11:38:13 AM ---
Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit. 

--- End quote ---

Well you're at least half right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version