Boards > Pirate's Cove

why do service members get all the love?

<< < (2/49) > >>

BucfanNC12:

--- Quote from: Durango 95 on April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM ---The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

--- End quote ---

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: Durango 95 on April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM ---The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

--- End quote ---
I don't respect my family members who have served any less b/c of their service but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give them a special shout out during the blessing of sunday dinner.

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: BucfanNC12 on April 04, 2012, 11:21:33 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.

--- End quote ---
You can't compare atheletes and entertainers to public workers.

But yes, politicians suck gas

acacius:
Face.  Palm.

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.  Letting uniformed servicemen board first is a really trivial way to say, "hey, thanks guys".  Whining about it seems pretty immature.

Mr. Milich:

--- Quote from: acacius on April 04, 2012, 11:38:13 AM ---
Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit. 

--- End quote ---

Well you're at least half right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version