Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: April 04, 2012, 10:41:27 AM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 04, 2012, 10:48:00 AM

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 04, 2012, 10:51:41 AM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Agenda in bold.

Might also want to brush up on history if you truly think the "military complex" is an "absolute waste of money"  Heck, maybe even start by looking up the meaning of "absolute."

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 04, 2012, 11:08:31 AM

Can't think of one reason huh?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 04, 2012, 11:21:33 AM

The deference shown to the military is enormous, especially after 9/11.  I suppose it's a way for some to feel they are showing their patriotic allegiance. It's a really a screwed up psychological thing. That's not to take away from the individual members of the military or the people that honor them. But it is still a fact.

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 04, 2012, 11:28:53 AM

I don't respect my family members who have served any less b/c of their service but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give them a special shout out during the blessing of sunday dinner.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 04, 2012, 11:32:42 AM

Yet people have no problems with millionaire athletes and entertainers eating free at restaurants. Or people know having a problem letting politicians tell them how they are going to fix gas prices, at the same time they are issued gas cards at the tax payers expense. I find that as a screwed up psychological thing.
You can't compare atheletes and entertainers to public workers.

But yes, politicians suck gas

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 04, 2012, 11:38:13 AM

Face.  Palm.

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.  Letting uniformed servicemen board first is a really trivial way to say, "hey, thanks guys".  Whining about it seems pretty immature.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 04, 2012, 11:46:14 AM

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit. 

Well you're at least half right.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : April 04, 2012, 11:46:51 AM

I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16

You, sir, are the reason they put "froot" in 'Froot Loops.'

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 04, 2012, 11:51:52 AM

Face.  Palm.

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit.  Letting uniformed servicemen board first is a really trivial way to say, "hey, thanks guys".  Whining about it seems pretty immature.

QFT.

wreck ship wins the Asshat of the Week award.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 04, 2012, 12:00:35 PM

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit. 

Well you're at least half right.
The politicians who are ordering them may debateable motives, but in my experience, most servicemen really are patriots, and their patriotism is a significant factor in their choosing to serve.  Even if you want to argue that they're being misused (a topic for a different thread, imo), I don't see the harm in showing them a bit of gratitude.  Particularly when they're travelling in uniform, as that generally means they're either travelling from duty station to duty station or TDY.  So they're on-the-clock, essentially.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 04, 2012, 12:01:32 PM

That's the thing w/ Biggs, you can never be sure how he feels about things.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 04, 2012, 12:02:53 PM

Here is a big clue:

Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools