Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 05, 2012, 01:18:50 AM

Got a link scarecrow?

It's cute that vince thinks it's an insult to accuse someone of providing references for their posts. Perhaps if he did that he wouldn't always come across as a moron.

Uh... I mean Potato?!?!?!?!

A "reference" implies you understand it scarecrow.  That's why I find you so amusing, you don't "get" your own links. Pre- Emerald City I guess

Link?   ;D

http://www.wizardofozpictures.com/scarecrow-pictures.php

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#91 : April 05, 2012, 01:38:39 AM

Got a link scarecrow?

It's cute that vince thinks it's an insult to accuse someone of providing references for their posts. Perhaps if he did that he wouldn't always come across as a moron.

Uh... I mean Potato?!?!?!?!

A "reference" implies you understand it scarecrow.  That's why I find you so amusing, you don't "get" your own links. Pre- Emerald City I guess

Link?   ;D

http://www.wizardofozpictures.com/scarecrow-pictures.php

I asked for a link of me not getting my links, and vince gives me a link to a wizard of oz site. Gotta work on that reading comprehension, buddy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#92 : April 05, 2012, 07:38:10 AM

damn those that fought for my freedom!!!!!! im going to freely whine about people showing them small forms of thank yous by letting them get in line before me!!!!

this has to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Its times like these I wish the N-word wasnt tied to a race because its the perfect fit here by definition.
If you call shooting up farmers in Afhgan, "fighting for my freedom", then you've got to be the most ignorant person on the planet.

And it's not "freely" whining if my tax dollars are paying their salary which means I can say whatever the **CENSORED** I want.
You're free and working - say what you want when you want.  Others don't agree - then you have to decide if you have the azz to take it. 

Now - having an issue with the guys on the ground for the decisions made in how to prosecute the war in Afghanistan is a pretty big reach... and one I don't agree with.  But this isn't my issue - this is one you are working out for you.
I don't mind when others disagree in a civil manner but when it goes into attack mode, save it for when we are face to face. I can take it. ;)

"How to prosecute the war in Afghanistan" is your issue and it's a moral one. Just like Vietnam was allowed to unfold because, even though most people didn't agree with the reasons and the resources being exhuasted for said reasons, they didn't think it was their issue.
You the one who arrived with the confrontation in mind.  If it happens for you - well it is not a matter of taking it - it becomes a part of what folks think you are.  Very few care for my thoughts on war - so I keep them to myself almost always.  This is part of the almost always.
I didn't think I arrived with confrontation on my mind but the way you put I can see how it came about.

I'm anti-war, anti-military and if I get one hardcord militant minded patriot to think of heroes as being other than gun toting g.i. joes then it's all worth it.
Then you should have carefully aimed at that target.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#93 : April 05, 2012, 07:59:28 AM

damn those that fought for my freedom!!!!!! im going to freely whine about people showing them small forms of thank yous by letting them get in line before me!!!!

this has to be the most ignorant person on the planet. Its times like these I wish the N-word wasnt tied to a race because its the perfect fit here by definition.
If you call shooting up farmers in Afhgan, "fighting for my freedom", then you've got to be the most ignorant person on the planet.

And it's not "freely" whining if my tax dollars are paying their salary which means I can say whatever the **CENSORED** I want.
You're free and working - say what you want when you want.  Others don't agree - then you have to decide if you have the azz to take it. 

Now - having an issue with the guys on the ground for the decisions made in how to prosecute the war in Afghanistan is a pretty big reach... and one I don't agree with.  But this isn't my issue - this is one you are working out for you.
I don't mind when others disagree in a civil manner but when it goes into attack mode, save it for when we are face to face. I can take it. ;)

"How to prosecute the war in Afghanistan" is your issue and it's a moral one. Just like Vietnam was allowed to unfold because, even though most people didn't agree with the reasons and the resources being exhuasted for said reasons, they didn't think it was their issue.
You the one who arrived with the confrontation in mind.  If it happens for you - well it is not a matter of taking it - it becomes a part of what folks think you are.  Very few care for my thoughts on war - so I keep them to myself almost always.  This is part of the almost always.
I didn't think I arrived with confrontation on my mind but the way you put I can see how it came about.

I'm anti-war, anti-military and if I get one hardcord militant minded patriot to think of heroes as being other than gun toting g.i. joes then it's all worth it.
Then you should have carefully aimed at that target.

If I knew what a hardcord militant was I'd point him in the right direction ....

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 05, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

Yeah. My old man is a vietnam vet and he's been anti-war every since.

My father is a two-yr vietnam vet and he still holds animosity toward Americans like yourself who directed their disdain toward Soldiers serving their country.

Sounds like a good guy...

btw, anti-war doesn't mean I hate soldiers.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#95 : April 05, 2012, 02:14:23 PM

Not going to criticize the man's spelling, he's got other issues to resolve CK.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#96 : April 05, 2012, 03:30:34 PM

Wrecked ship,

I sit here reading your thread and cant help but wonder where your beef truely lies. With the military, or the ones directing it.
You can agree or disagree with Iraq, afhgan, and our purpose there all you want. That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in.

I am currently in my 9th year of active duty. I do not board the plane early, although I do appreciate the offer.

PS
**CENSORED** off

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#97 : April 05, 2012, 04:11:53 PM

I don't think it was a spelling error .... and other issues, indeed. I'm still pretty amazed that anyone would have a problem with that .... and I don't amaze easily.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#98 : April 05, 2012, 04:14:00 PM

Wrecked ship,

I sit here reading your thread and cant help but wonder where your beef truely lies. With the military, or the ones directing it.
You can agree or disagree with Iraq, afhgan, and our purpose there all you want. That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in.

I am currently in my 9th year of active duty. I do not board the plane early, although I do appreciate the offer.

PS
**CENSORED** off
My beef is with anyone (especially ppl in uniform and the businesses that promote the military) that thinks like this "That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in."

You have a voice you just choose not to use it. The public who foots the bill are the ones who don't have a voice but I'll be damned if I'm going to shut up because it makes you feel comfortable.

p.s.don't bite the hand that feeds you

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#99 : April 05, 2012, 04:20:48 PM

I don't think it was a spelling error .... and other issues, indeed. I'm still pretty amazed that anyone would have a problem with that .... and I don't amaze easily.
Are you emazed that the gov can waste soo much money?

Why isn't there a 20 page thread on it? Why are you not protesting gov waste?

The sheep mentality should amaze you. Not someone's spelling errors on a football message board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#100 : April 05, 2012, 04:26:51 PM

The sheep mentality should amaze you. Not someone's spelling errors on a football message board.
1.  yes
2.  i do all the time
2.  not amazed by sheep, nor dumb, nor whiners.  300,000,000 people in the country - going to have some - especially with what passes for education in public schools.   And a quick aside to you wreck - you be tough, it helps when you're being dumb.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#101 : April 05, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

Wrecked ship,

PS
**CENSORED** off
My beef is with anyone (especially ppl in uniform and the businesses that promote the military) that thinks like this "That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in."

You have a voice you just choose not to use it. The public who foots the bill are the ones who don't have a voice but I'll be damned if I'm going to shut up because it makes you feel comfortable.

You're right. Ill recall everyone right now!
There is nothing I can say to change what happens. Doesnt mean I dont say anything. All I can do is follow orders.

PS,
You sure as hell dont feed me
: April 05, 2012, 04:37:52 PM SCLOBERNOCKER

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#102 : April 05, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

Wrecked ship,

PS
**CENSORED** off

You're right. Ill recall everyone right now!
There is nothing I can say to change what happens. Doesnt mean I dont say anything. All I can do is follow orders.

PS,
You sure as hell dont feed me
lol...it's an expression.

But since you want to be technical, who feeds you? Iran?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#103 : April 05, 2012, 04:44:39 PM

1. No
2. I don't protest hurricanes either
3. The sheep mentality is not always a bad thing, like in this case.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#104 : April 05, 2012, 04:51:01 PM

In April, Ali refuses induction into the U.S. Army due to his religious convictions. He angers many Americans after claiming, "I ain't got no quarrel with those Vietcong." He is subsequently stripped of his WBA title and his license to fight, arrested and sentenced to 5 yrs. He would appeal and not serve a day in jail.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools