Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#105 : April 05, 2012, 05:09:10 PM

Wrecked ship,

I sit here reading your thread and cant help but wonder where your beef truely lies. With the military, or the ones directing it.
You can agree or disagree with Iraq, afhgan, and our purpose there all you want. That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in.

I am currently in my 9th year of active duty. I do not board the plane early, although I do appreciate the offer.

PS
**CENSORED** off
My beef is with anyone (especially ppl in uniform and the businesses that promote the military) that thinks like this "That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in."

You have a voice you just choose not to use it. The public who foots the bill are the ones who don't have a voice but I'll be damned if I'm going to shut up because it makes you feel comfortable.

p.s.don't bite the hand that feeds you

...one of the more **CENSORED**ed up things I've seen on any of the message boards...

What a **CENSORED**ing **CENSORED**bag.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#106 : April 05, 2012, 05:17:21 PM

Wrecked ship,

I sit here reading your thread and cant help but wonder where your beef truely lies. With the military, or the ones directing it.
You can agree or disagree with Iraq, afhgan, and our purpose there all you want. That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in.

I am currently in my 9th year of active duty. I do not board the plane early, although I do appreciate the offer.

PS
**CENSORED** off
My beef is with anyone (especially ppl in uniform and the businesses that promote the military) that thinks like this "That is a political battle that not many people in uniform have a voice in."

You have a voice you just choose not to use it. The public who foots the bill are the ones who don't have a voice but I'll be damned if I'm going to shut up because it makes you feel comfortable.

...one of the more **CENSORED**ed up things I've seen on any of the message boards...

He asked for it

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#107 : April 05, 2012, 06:09:20 PM

Wrecked ship,

PS
**CENSORED** off

Kind of the same thing I thought ...... and with the state of message boards, that says a lot.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#108 : April 05, 2012, 06:31:18 PM

USF just sent me an email where they're going to let all with a military ID in to the softball game on Saturday for free.... Don't even need a uniform!!!!! What the hell are they thinking ....

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#109 : April 05, 2012, 06:53:06 PM

USF just sent me an email where they're going to let all with a military ID in to the softball game on Saturday for free.... Don't even need a uniform!!!!! What the hell are they thinking ....
WHAT!?!!

I'm calling the dean of that school. Heads will roll!

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#110 : April 05, 2012, 10:15:55 PM

Wrecked ship,

PS
**CENSORED** off

agree, interesting what people will say and do with the safety of an anonymous screen name

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Runole

Hall of Famer
#111 : April 06, 2012, 01:14:12 AM

Yeah. My old man is a vietnam vet and he's been anti-war every since.

My father is a two-yr vietnam vet and he still holds animosity toward Americans like yourself who directed their disdain toward Soldiers serving their country.

[/quote

Do you still actually believe that the Vietnam war wasn't just another huge foreign policy mistake made by the US?

THE VIETNAM WAR is only exceeded by America's Drug War as America's dumbest mistake.   It does appear the Afghanistan and Irag  conflicts are certainly challenging for a place near the top of the list. When does the US finally learn that its foreign policies are totally detrimental to the well being of  most Americans that certainly aren't earning a profit from such ventures??? :'( :'(

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#112 : April 06, 2012, 06:34:12 AM

WHAT!?!!

I'm calling the dean of that school. Heads will roll!

Ahhh. Trolling. It all makes sense now.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#113 : April 06, 2012, 04:01:51 PM

My father is a two-yr vietnam vet and he still holds animosity toward Americans like yourself who directed their disdain toward Soldiers serving their country.

Do you still actually believe that the Vietnam war wasn't just another huge foreign policy mistake made by the US?

THE VIETNAM WAR is only exceeded by America's Drug War as America's dumbest mistake.   It does appear the Afghanistan and Irag  conflicts are certainly challenging for a place near the top of the list. When does the US finally learn that its foreign policies are totally detrimental to the well being of  most Americans that certainly aren't earning a profit from such ventures??? :'( :'(

Where did I say anything about foreign policy?

Where did you learn that the military establishes foreign policy?

American Soldiers go to war because their country/population told them to.  If you're not happy with the decisions of politicians, you don't take it out on the Soldier.

Today's appreciation toward military service members comes from the realization that Soldiers from Vietnam were treated poorly when they returned from their tours of duty.

Understood and I certainly have never held such policy decisions against US Soldiers. However if you don't think much of our foreign policy and conflicts are because of the Military we will choose to disagree.

I lost several classmates in Vietnam and have several friends that survived that HORRIBLE MISTAKE. They all agree 100% that it should never have happened in the first place. Of course Johnson and Nixon along with the military hierarchy  disagreed.  Of course we must never forget Nixon is the reason why the biggest mistake in America's history occurred... ie  THE DRUG WAR... I still can't believe how any can still support such and ignorant stupid war that continues to put America in the toilet.

Of course as usual it is all about the incredible PROFIT being earned by those either in enforcement, competition, or delivery.  That remains the only reason this farce continues at of course the horrendous cost to the American tax payer both in dollars spent and human tragedy...  Can someone please tell me again what the purpose of the drug war is? 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#114 : April 06, 2012, 04:32:28 PM

American Soldiers go to war because their country/population told them to.  If you're not happy with the decisions of politicians, you don't take it out on the Soldier.

Today's appreciation toward military service members comes from the realization that Soldiers from Vietnam were treated poorly when they returned from their tours of duty.

Understood and I certainly have never held such policy decisions against US Soldiers. However if you don't think much of our foreign policy and conflicts are because of the Military we will choose to disagree.

I lost several classmates in Vietnam and have several friends that survived that HORRIBLE MISTAKE. They all agree 100% that it should never have happened in the first place. Of course Johnson and Nixon along with the military hierarchy  disagreed.  Of course we must never forget Nixon is the reason why the biggest mistake in America's history occurred... ie  THE DRUG WAR... I still can't believe how any can still support such and ignorant stupid war that continues to put America in the toilet.

Of course as usual it is all about the incredible PROFIT being earned by those either in enforcement, competition, or delivery.  That remains the only reason this farce continues at of course the horrendous cost to the American tax payer both in dollars spent and human tragedy...  Can someone please tell me again what the purpose of the drug war is?
The drug war employs hundreds of thousands of people.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#115 : April 06, 2012, 04:43:14 PM

The Drug War and its associated Penal/Industrial Complex are at its core a moral statement. The military is a about guaranteeing access to resources. Any similarities are only superficial.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#116 : April 07, 2012, 12:57:52 AM

The drug war employs hundreds of thousands of people.

Very true... That they don't accomplish a damn thing but add to an overwhelming taxpayer debt of over 50 billion a year just to give those 1 million drug offenders a bed and three squares a day as America houses the number one penal colony in the world. That  is not something every  American with an ounce of common sense and fiscal responsibility  should not  call to question.

The drug war employs hundreds of thousands of people to the overall detriment to society and taxpayers that are forced to foot the bill of the most horrible policy every put in force in this countries history..   This shows conclusively  that those of the prohibition era were 1000 times smarter than those making decisions today.

If you keep repeating the same mistake over and over to overall detriment to society something is horribly wrong.

: April 07, 2012, 01:18:56 AM Runole

Runole

Hall of Famer
#117 : April 07, 2012, 01:14:50 AM

The Drug War and its associated Penal/Industrial Complex are at its core a moral statement. The military is a about guaranteeing access to resources. Any similarities are only superficial.

Certainly agree but  what moral statement is it  when hypocritically the pharmaceutical industry has phenomenally more deaths and health problems in a single year than all alleged illicit drugs have had the last decade.   That is just pharmaceutical deaths in local hospitals!! Is there any pharmaceutical that doesn't have damaging side effects?

Also in agreement it indeed is all about securing resources being masked as making every country a democracy which is total BS.   Not sure why we continue to stay in Afghanistan since it doesn't appear they have anything more than poppies to supply the US's heroin addiction. Must be to keep that currently illicit drug flowing...  Need to keep the US penal colony flourishing.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#118 : April 07, 2012, 01:29:40 AM

The U.S. funds this "war on drugs" and the U.S. is the number one consumer of cocain.

Columbia laughs at the "war on drugs"

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#119 : April 07, 2012, 01:30:00 AM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Just when you think you have seen everything on the Internet someone takes stupid to a whole new level.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools