Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Runole

Hall of Famer
#120 : April 07, 2012, 04:11:53 PM

The U.S. funds this "war on drugs" and the U.S. is the number one consumer of cocain.

Columbia laughs at the "war on drugs"

I actually believe that some sort of cocaine could be a miracle diet type drug as I do believe it has great appetite suppressant abilities as well as increasing endurance when used properly.

Columbia not only laughs but their bank accounts are filled with  phenomenal profits that are untaxed and largely unfettered and unregulated.

Silver or Lead....   How many are willing to make the choice of lead as a border guard?  Insanity... 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#121 : April 07, 2012, 04:48:26 PM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Just when you think you have seen everything on the Internet someone takes stupid to a whole new level.
agree with all that mjs.  every word

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#122 : April 07, 2012, 05:36:17 PM

The U.S. funds this "war on drugs" and the U.S. is the number one consumer of cocain.

I actually believe that some sort of cocaine could be a miracle diet type drug as I do believe it has great appetite suppressant abilities as well as increasing endurance when used properly.

???WHAT?

How dare you think outside the system?

At this pace, next thing you'll be advocating is the legalization of marijuana and hemp. You sir are out of control.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Runole

Hall of Famer
#123 : April 08, 2012, 08:23:07 AM

???WHAT?

How dare you think outside the system?

At this pace, next thing you'll be advocating is the legalization of marijuana and hemp. You sir are out of control.

Yes quite obviously since Scientific and Medical evidence continues to be totally ignored by those making the rules!   Just another reason to question any of their policies and who is dictating them to our politicians( with their wallets always opened) to the highest bidder. To heck with doing the right things that actually would make the country better and safer..

Sadly in the future when those Million plus in the Penal colony get released there will be even more trouble for John Q Public and their safety.   Of course that is of little importance to our local PD's.   They are too occupied with speed traps and parking tickets!!

freddy

Hall of Famer
#124 : April 08, 2012, 08:54:44 AM

Lets go back to the good old days!

::) ::) ::) ::)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#125 : April 08, 2012, 09:04:30 AM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Wow, while I agree that there are occupations that should get more respect than they do, this is totally **CENSORED**ed up. First, i don't think it's been from 9/11, which had nothing to with our military. It was probably started after the Iraq invasion in 2003 ... and if you're really this upset because occasionally a few people, most who have sacrificed to serve this country, get to put their carry-ons overhead before you, you've got some serious, serious issues ....
Who's upset? Not me. If anything I was being sarcastic about dressing up in army garb to jump in line.

BTW, this thread was inspired by a service member in uniform that didn't jump at the chance to board before other passengers.
I fly A lot and I've never seen a service member do that and it got me thinking about how businesses and even the ceremony of singing the national anthem(battle cry) seems like an endorsement for the military which seem svery hypocritical considering the millions of veterans here in the states who get shafted on medical benefits.
Why doesn't the airlines ask if there are any veterans not in uniform that would like to board first?

I could care less about being in a rush to board a flight I'm not excited about. It's the principle.

They let us board first because they want us to fly in uniform. It apparently makes people feel safer. The military doesn't like us to fly in uniform so the airline gives us an incentive.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#126 : April 12, 2012, 04:05:33 PM

In my two decades plus, never boarded early because of being a Soldier.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#127 : April 12, 2012, 04:27:01 PM

Nice going Morgan, this thread was all but dead.

Clear!!

(Zaaap)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#128 : April 12, 2012, 10:46:47 PM

I am starting to understand the OP's logic on this one and am going to follow it. I plan to park in the handicap spot next time I go to the store. Why should they get the best parking spots?

Don't get me started on this one!

Really store, do you REALLY need 12 Handicap parking spots  that get parked in twice in one day??

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#129 : April 12, 2012, 10:50:42 PM

Post 9/11, i can't stand the special treatment that ALL firemen receive.

I mean, **CENSORED**!, it's not like joescmuck in Butte, Montana is a "hero" fighting terrorism cause he sprays some water on a flaming singlewide in Bumfuhckville....
: April 12, 2012, 10:54:51 PM TheChronicHotAir

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#130 : April 13, 2012, 02:59:45 PM

Not only that, but it might be a bit of a deterrent. 

My friend is a Border Patrol Agent, and they let him onboard first because he carries his gun. 

I don't see how anybody can complain that a serviceman bopards a plane first.  I am sure even handicapped passengers understand the concept.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#131 : January 17, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

Wal-Mart pledges to hire any returning veteran who wants a job

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-walmart-vets-20130116,0,863418.story

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#132 : January 17, 2013, 06:45:49 PM

Why do service members get all the plum jobs?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#133 : January 17, 2013, 06:51:43 PM

Why do service members get all the plum jobs?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#134 : January 17, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Is that the Hanoi Walmart? Man, I heard they did some brutal stuff there like break your legs, and starve you, and Chinese water torture, but this? This is just inhuman.
: January 17, 2013, 07:08:55 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools