Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#165 : January 22, 2013, 07:30:59 AM

So what does the political spectrum tell us to do now.........

Covertly drone them into submission and give automatic weapons to criminals and hope no one notices.

The political spectrum says you get a Nobel Peace Prize if you do all this while claiming to be on the "everyone is a liberal" side.

: January 22, 2013, 07:44:06 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#166 : January 22, 2013, 02:52:58 PM

Was Osama Bin Laden a conservative or a liberal?

Maybe this will help you out, sport...

Islamic extremism refers to two related and partially overlapping but also distinct aspects of extremist interpretations and pursuits of Islamic ideology:

• an extremely conservative view of Islam, which doesn't necessarily entail violence even though it may have an emphasis on Jihad; see Islamic fundamentalism, and
  • the use of extreme tactics such as bombing and assassinations for achieving perceived Islamic goals; see Jihadism.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#167 : January 22, 2013, 02:55:21 PM

So what does the political spectrum tell us to do now.........

Maybe your problem lies in you using a political spectrum to tell you what to do. Just a thought.

As the tortured logic of a brainwashed mind circles the drain the last bastion of the scoundrel blames anyone to relieve his own mind of the guilt he himself has validated.

Who am I blaming? I'm merely pointing out that the purpose of a political spectrum isn't to tell you what to do. I think you're using it wrong. Just trying to be helpful, buddy.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#168 : January 23, 2013, 01:45:23 PM

Meanwhile again explain why we are still in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Try to keep up with the news. Please notice the byline date.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/17/last-american-troops-leave-iraq-marking-end-war/

Thanks care to answer the question on the article you posted?  The mission cost nearly 4,500 American and well more than 100,000 Iraqi lives and $800 billion from the U.S. Treasury. The question of whether it was worth it all is yet unanswered.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/17/last-american-troops-leave-iraq-marking-end-war/#ixzz2IpEU3xEk

As for Afghanistan: we're leaving. Mission accomplished.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/11/obama-on-afghanistan-mission-accomplished

Hmnmm? Since BIn Laden was found in Pakistan please explain the purpose of Afghanistan to me again?   What was accomplished? 

Do you ever answer any question asked of you  or do you always play dodge ball?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#169 : January 23, 2013, 04:15:31 PM

Again. Afghanistan mission: To keep Al Qaeda from establishing and maintaining training sites where they plan this kind of thing and to find Bin Laden.

It really sickens me to know there are Americans who would turn their back on the responsibility to fight the enemy who brings this terror to our country.

: January 23, 2013, 05:09:33 PM Morgan

Runole

Hall of Famer
#170 : January 26, 2013, 10:53:12 PM

Again. Afghanistan mission: To keep Al Qaeda from establishing and maintaining training sites where they plan this kind of thing and to find Bin Laden.

It really sickens me to know there are Americans who would turn their back on the responsibility to fight the enemy who brings this terror to our country.

What sickens me is those Americans that actually feel that they are now safe from terrorist attack due airport security.LOL   I am all for taking out threats to security of America.  Wouldn't it be a better idea just to really secure our borders from illegal immigration?

I supported taking Sadam out   Likewise Bin laden..  What I don't support are these long drawn out military exercises that kill US servicemen or leave them damaged for life... FOR WHAT?   

Would you as an American Citizen want another foreign country to come to America to and wage a war against those in charge of America?  On second thought looking at the way the Democratic and Republican party are run that might not be a bad idea!!! ;D
: January 26, 2013, 11:00:51 PM Runole

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#171 : January 27, 2013, 07:28:21 AM

You're like many Americans - you want a clean and tidy war. No fatalities. Quick.  Sorry, wars don't necessarily work like that.

Illegal immigration is a big problem in our country - but controlling it gives no guarantee to stop terror attacks.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#172 : January 27, 2013, 08:39:26 AM

You're like many Americans - you want a clean and tidy war. No fatalities. Quick.  Sorry, wars don't necessarily work like that.

Especially when you have the military acting as occupying police officers in a country they are not wanted , chasing ghosts , instead of fighting an actual war against another actual army like they are designed to do. Tends to get messy. Tends to never end at all....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#173 : January 27, 2013, 03:40:04 PM

Especially when you have the military acting as occupying police officers in a country they are not wanted , chasing ghosts , instead of fighting an actual war against another actual army like they are designed to do. Tends to get messy. Tends to never end at all....

Exactly.   Where it stands right now is not a "war".     It's our troops sitting there waiting to be bombed by an enemy they can't see.       

Runole

Hall of Famer
#174 : January 28, 2013, 08:28:00 AM

Illegal immigration is a big problem in our country - but controlling it gives no guarantee to stop terror attacks.

Well I think controlling integration would be far more effective preventing terrorist attacks than the current airport security being done.  The Cows left that barn after 9/11 which residual effect on American Citizens continues today. 9/11 just keeps winning every day and hostile Muslims smile every day because of it.

Real wars I support ....Make believe ones NO!    Are you you still clinging to the idea that the Vietnam was necessary and not a mistake?   Other than the current drug war I think it ranks number #2 on the list of biggest American mistakes in my lifetime followed closely by Afghanistan and Iraq.  Calling them Wars is absolutely ridiculous.   Stating that they somehow will stop terrorism is absurd. How many serviceman's lives could have been saved had Bin Laden just been a special op situation rather than sending massive amounts of troops to countries that have no desire for American occupation??

I believe in the principles America was founded under I don't see either party supporting those principles today.  Do you?
: January 28, 2013, 08:30:02 AM Runole

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#175 : January 28, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

Well I think controlling integration would be far more effective preventing terrorist attacks than the current airport security being done.  The Cows left that barn after 9/11 which residual effect on American Citizens continues today. 9/11 just keeps winning every day and hostile Muslims smile every day because of it.

Real wars I support ....Make believe ones NO!    Are you you still clinging to the idea that the Vietnam was necessary and not a mistake?   Other than the current drug war I think it ranks number #2 on the list of biggest American mistakes in my lifetime followed closely by Afghanistan and Iraq.  Calling them Wars is absolutely ridiculous.   Stating that they somehow will stop terrorism is absurd. How many serviceman's lives could have been saved had Bin Laden just been a special op situation rather than sending massive amounts of troops to countries that have no desire for American occupation??

I believe in the principles America was founded under I don't see either party supporting those principles today.  Do you?

as you posted earlier toward me....you're all over the board with a flight of ideas that don't pertain to the subject at hand.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#176 : January 28, 2013, 09:48:29 AM

Actually you are like many Americans who really don't know what they are talking about. When a country goes to war there is an objective by other sides. What did Iraq have to do with 9-11? Yes Saddam was a dictator but he posed no threat to us. Yet we spent years there even after we found out he had no WMDs. And what was the mission that was accomplished? Ask 10 Americans and you'll get 10 different answers. That is a problem. Most Americans have already forgetten Iraq actually gotten worse after Saddam was talken out of power although troops were there fixing infrustructure. As for Afganistan, with is the objective? The average person would say to fight the terrorists. Yet, the average American can only name one that is dead. Also, many know you don't fight militia type wars with conventional armies. It doesn't work and thats how we were effective fighting the British when they invaded this country. I find it ironic how N. Korea can test fire missiles and no one see them as a threat and considering they can sell the weapons they test. At the same time, weapons, drugs, and gang violence are crossing our boarders and we hear Iran is a potential threat. The logic on such issues is really sad in this country.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#177 : January 28, 2013, 10:39:54 AM

" Most Americans have already forgetten Iraq actually gotten worse after Saddam was talken out of power although troops were there fixing infrustructure. "

Speaking of poor logic... of course things got worse after you remove the existing power structure, they invariably do. It's a phase you must go through, not confirmation of an error. Unless of course that is what you're looking for and you're willing to distort logic to find it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#178 : January 28, 2013, 11:04:35 AM

Germany was in ruins when that guy Hitler was removed. Should never have gotten involved there.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#179 : January 28, 2013, 11:19:34 AM

" Most Americans have already forgetten Iraq actually gotten worse after Saddam was talken out of power although troops were there fixing infrustructure. "

Speaking of poor logic... of course things got worse after you remove the existing power structure, they invariably do. It's a phase you must go through, not confirmation of an error. Unless of course that is what you're looking for and you're willing to distort logic to find it.

That is correct and I was explaining the obvious. I am certain the average American would say Iraq was better without Saddam shortly after he was removed from power. That's why I made my statement.
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools