Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#195 : January 28, 2013, 02:44:25 PM

The sheep must be led.

Then there's the Saddam + 9/11 connection. Which was another falsehood they were peddling at the time.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#196 : January 28, 2013, 03:10:46 PM

Germany was in ruins when that guy Hitler was removed. Should never have gotten involved there.

Good Lord!  Are you trying to make an analogy between Sadam Hussein, Bin Laden,  and the Vietnam war with Hitler?   What planet are your from?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#197 : January 28, 2013, 03:12:58 PM

You're like many Americans - you want a clean and tidy war. No fatalities. Quick.  Sorry, wars don't necessarily work like that.

Illegal immigration is a big problem in our country - but controlling it gives no guarantee to stop terror attacks.

Actually you are like many Americans who really don't know what they are talking about. When a country goes to war there is an objective by other sides. What did Iraq have to do with 9-11? Yes Saddam was a dictator but he posed no threat to us. Yet we spent years there even after we found out he had no WMDs. And what was the mission that was accomplished? Ask 10 Americans and you'll get 10 different answers. That is a problem. Most Americans have already forgetten Iraq actually gotten worse after Saddam was talken out of power although troops were there fixing infrustructure. As for Afganistan, with is the objective? The average person would say to fight the terrorists. Yet, the average American can only name one that is dead. Also, many know you don't fight militia type wars with conventional armies. It doesn't work and thats how we were effective fighting the British when they invaded this country. I find it ironic how N. Korea can test fire missiles and no one see them as a threat and considering they can sell the weapons they test. At the same time, weapons, drugs, and gang violence are crossing our boarders and we hear Iran is a potential threat. The logic on such issues is really sad in this country.

many good points...  Of course the average American is more interested in Honey BOO BOO!   :o

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#198 : January 28, 2013, 03:25:58 PM

Germany was in ruins when that guy Hitler was removed. Should never have gotten involved there.

Good Lord!  Are you trying to make an analogy between Sadam Hussein, Bin Laden,  and the Vietnam war with Hitler?   What planet are your from?

Obviously you can't understand sarcasm.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#199 : January 28, 2013, 09:53:20 PM

Obviously you can't understand sarcasm.
Usually when one is being sarcastic that doesn't involve personally attacking someone's opinion with the way you have.   You really don't play dodge ball very well.

Judging from your history on these boards it might be a good idea to put a  ;)  when you make a sarcastic remark.  So I assume the pictures of 9/11 were sarcastic as well?   

For the record I understand sarcasm quite well.  But now I will consider all your remarks never to be taken seriously.  Thanks for the clarification.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#200 : January 29, 2013, 05:11:18 AM

The WWII example was for those complaining that Iraq was in a state of anarchy after the war. It took decades for Europe to recover from their war.  In fact there continued to be resistance and terror attacks by  "werewolves" who continued to kill American, Russians, and German collaborators after the war.  Again, Americans like tidy wars. Doesn't happen that way. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#201 : January 29, 2013, 07:29:50 AM

The WWII example was for those complaining that Iraq was in a state of anarchy after the war. It took decades for Europe to recover from their war.  In fact there continued to be resistance and terror attacks by  "werewolves" who continued to kill American, Russians, and German collaborators after the war.  Again, Americans like tidy wars. Doesn't happen that way.

Oh you are being sarcastic again...   Wow that is really funny! ::)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#202 : July 17, 2013, 04:18:30 PM

Thank your Service Member - we got another one..........but what I don't understand is this.....why was he ever released?

Al-Shihri, also known as Abu Sufyan al-Azdi, fought in Afghanistan and spent six years in Guantanamo. He was returned to Saudi Arabia in late 2007 and later fled to Yemen to join the Al Qaeda branch there.

-----------------------------

Al Qaeda branch says No. 2 leader killed in Yemen

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/17/al-qaida-branch-says-no-2-leader-killed-in-yemen/#ixzz2ZKtYcAbS
: July 17, 2013, 04:20:22 PM Morgan

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#203 : July 17, 2013, 05:11:45 PM

Thank your Service Member - we got another one..........but what I don't understand is this.....why was he ever released?

Al-Shihri, also known as Abu Sufyan al-Azdi, fought in Afghanistan and spent six years in Guantanamo. He was returned to Saudi Arabia in late 2007 and later fled to Yemen to join the Al Qaeda branch there.

-----------------------------

Al Qaeda branch says No. 2 leader killed in Yemen

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/17/al-qaida-branch-says-no-2-leader-killed-in-yemen/#ixzz2ZKtYcAbS
add the blue text to the list

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NovaBuc

Starter

#204 : July 17, 2013, 07:09:24 PM

He was transferred from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia (if I recall correctly it was at the Saudi's request), not really released by the US. Saudis released him after he went through a rehabilitation program for jihadists there, then fled to Yemen.

DejaVu

Starter

#205 : July 18, 2013, 06:30:47 AM

I don't mind military boarding first.   They are normally young kids who have trouble seating themselves anyway.   They require almost as much assistance as the elderly and handicapped. 

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#206 : July 18, 2013, 06:42:13 AM

He was transferred from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia (if I recall correctly it was at the Saudi's request), not really released by the US. Saudis released him after he went through a rehabilitation program for jihadists there, then fled to Yemen.
Thanks for explaining Nova-
Glad we got him. Thankful for drones.

DejaVu

Starter

#207 : July 18, 2013, 06:47:16 AM

I do find it interesting that the only country in the entire world that has people in the military board a commercial flight before anyone else is the US of A.    I guess maybe we are the war mongering country the rest of the world perceives us to be.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#208 : July 18, 2013, 07:50:25 AM

In other news : A new #2 was named 30 seconds after we killed that other one ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#209 : July 18, 2013, 09:35:04 AM

I do find it interesting that the only country in the entire world that has people in the military board a commercial flight before anyone else is the US of A.    I guess maybe we are the war mongering country the rest of the world perceives us to be.

I think our nation learned from Vietnam, that spitting on our Soldiers isn't the right thing to do - but rather showing reverence for Soldiers is the way to go.

Must really piss you off when the Buccaneers show respect to the military members almost every game and provide them w/ a private suite to show them support.

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools