Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#210 : July 18, 2013, 09:58:00 AM

I think our nation learned from Vietnam, that spitting on our Soldiers isn't the right thing to do - but rather showing reverence for Soldiers is the way to go.

Then you think wrong.   This military being allowed to board first did not happen after vietnam ended or even in the next 30 years after it.   It happened after 9/11 and the propaganda that ensued following that.    It had nothing to do with Vietnam.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#211 : July 18, 2013, 10:04:53 AM

This is our first prolonged war since Vietnam.  You're wrong if you don't think Vietnam had anything do to with how Soldiers are treated today by the public in our first prolonged ward since Vietnam.

DejaVu

Starter

#212 : July 18, 2013, 10:27:50 AM

If our nation learned from Vietnam, they would have given military special benefits like boarding the plane first starting back in 1971.   Fact is, there is a new military propaganda campaign in the country following 9/11.   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#213 : July 18, 2013, 10:49:53 AM

If our nation learned from Vietnam, they would have given military special benefits like boarding the plane first starting back in 1971.   Fact is, there is a new military propaganda campaign in the country following 9/11.

lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#214 : July 18, 2013, 11:10:13 AM

I don't think the nation really understood the bad treatment of Vietnam veterans until much later  - decades later.

Again, this is the first prolonged military war - where our Soldiers are sacrificing much in their lives, including possibly dying - the period of the post-Vietnam era until Desert Storm not much was really happening that would make our country proud of our military. We had a few minor conflicts (Somolia, Central America, Grenada, Panama), but with Desert Storm then Operation Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom, our country has seemed to back the military even more than during the 70s, 80s, and part of the 90s.

DejaVu

Starter

#215 : July 18, 2013, 11:40:21 AM

This is not really a war.   It's an occupation where the enemy takes random pot shots at our soldiers.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#216 : July 18, 2013, 01:04:20 PM

Your definition of war is very limited in scope.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#217 : July 20, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

I'll be taking some wounded warriors out on a boat trip that I donate to the cause in a couple of weeks.  Some of them are missing a leg, some an arm, some both and even one of the guys is missing both arms and both legs. These are guys that by the end of the day are your friends.  Hell they may have been your friends or realatives before they went to war.  They're just people like you and I who have suffered unimaginable loses.  From what they've told me the mental side of it is what is most devastating to them. I wish I could take a couple of you ingrates on the trip so you could experience this.  So you know though it'd be a one way trip for you.

DejaVu

Starter

#218 : July 20, 2013, 11:01:47 AM

I'll be taking some wounded warriors out on a boat trip that I donate to the cause in a couple of weeks.  Some of them are missing a leg, some an arm, some both and even one of the guys is missing both arms and both legs. These are guys that by the end of the day are your friends.  Hell they may have been your friends or realatives before they went to war.  They're just people like you and I who have suffered unimaginable loses.  From what they've told me the mental side of it is what is most devastating to them. I wish I could take a couple of you ingrates on the trip so you could experience this.  So you know though it'd be a one way trip for you.

Now THAT is an admirable contribution to our military.   Letting them on the airplane first is baby **CENSORED** alongside what you do.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#219 : July 21, 2013, 07:59:51 AM

you're tops on my list of posters here, CPTJimbo - thanks for taking the time/resources to do this. If you have a paypal acct for donations - I'd be happy to give something. Its good to see that not everyone worries about Service Members getting some appreciation for what they've done for our country (see OP's initial post).

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#220 : July 22, 2013, 08:53:34 AM

"So you know though it'd be a one way trip for you."

That's an exceptionally stupid thing to put in print.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#221 : July 22, 2013, 03:28:37 PM

"So you know though it'd be a one way trip for you."

That's an exceptionally stupid thing to put in print.
Why's that?  Do you honestly think I'm going to let someone on my boat that I so strongly disagree with as the poster that was directed at.  FWIW the law down here on the water is administered by the Coast Guard.  They're on my side.  Hardly a day goes by that I don't say something stupid and from what I've seen on this board most people do.  Thanks for the comp Morg and CA but trust me it makes me happy just to be in these hero's presence.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#222 : July 22, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

The Coast Guard promotes not bringing your passengers back? I'm going to have to see a link for that.

Orangegone1

Starter

#223 : July 22, 2013, 03:44:19 PM

The people who don't get the respect they deserve are the taxpayers who actually pay for the military. And that's about 50% of us. We really should have a National Taxpayer Day where the low lives and irresponsible bums can thank us for paying for the military, food stamps, welfare babies all of the things we do. It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior. We need a day where the "Occupy" losers could come on stage and shake Mitt Romney's hand and thank him for paying so much in taxes since they can't/won't. It would be beautiful.

gone

Hall of Famer
#224 : July 22, 2013, 04:22:46 PM

The people who don't get the respect they deserve are the taxpayers who actually pay for the military. And that's about 50% of us. We really should have a National Taxpayer Day where the low lives and irresponsible bums can thank us for paying for the military, food stamps, welfare babies all of the things we do. It's nice knowing I spend time away from my kids so I can pay more the irresponsible behavior. We need a day where the "Occupy" losers could come on stage and shake Mitt Romney's hand and thank him for paying so much in taxes since they can't/won't. It would be beautiful.

Thanks for making my day.  Though I do think our military plays a unique role in our society. 
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools