Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs interest in Okoye is said to be mutual « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

smithcar

Starter

#15 : April 05, 2012, 03:22:40 PM

If we can sign him for less than one of our other guys that is a rotation guy only I say lets do it.  He is still young and learning the game.  If I remember right he didn't play ball until College so he is still on the upswing in terms of game play.  I am not sure what the guys outside of Price, McCoy and potentially Miller are making but I think he is better than all of them except Price and McCoy when they are healthy.  Unfortunately they haven't been for a season yet so why should they be now.  We need some good depth at all positions so lets sign him on the cheap if possible.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 05, 2012, 03:51:33 PM

Was a good 3rd DT for the Bears last year. Not sure why we haven't gotten it done. He is way, way better than Roy Miller.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2012, 04:02:16 PM

Can't think of any good reasons why both he and London Fletcher don't get contract offers...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 05, 2012, 04:06:21 PM

Can't think of any good reasons why both he and London Fletcher don't get contract offers...

$$$$$$

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

traew01

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 05, 2012, 04:15:44 PM

I'd dump Miller in a heartbeat for this guy.

Huge upgrade - and he is really young.

McCoy and Price are injuries waiting to happen.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 05, 2012, 04:33:13 PM

I'm still predicting Vilma will end up a Buc (if we don't draft a linebacker early).

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#21 : April 05, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

I'm still predicting Vilma will end up a Buc (if we don't draft a linebacker early).

I would have agreed with that before the bounty scandal. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 05, 2012, 07:59:30 PM

He most likely gets suspended.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 05, 2012, 08:23:35 PM

Would love to see the Bucs sign him.  We need a better depth at DT and Okoye is still young and learning the position but has the talent to excel

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 05, 2012, 08:31:56 PM

I think Vilma's effectiveness has decreased the past couple seasons (looks like the knee is becoming a bigger problem) so I'd probably pass on him - not even addressing what will likely occur once God-dell is thru with him. I'd really like to have a Fletcher to come in and mentor the young LBers...and he's shown he still can perform at 94 years old.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 05, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

With our lack of depth and injury prone starters, he's worth $3M a year. Some fans might say that's crazy, but when we are in week 8 next season with Miller and Okam starting.....we'll be wishing we just threw $3M a year at him to get it done. He's not a world beater by any means, but he is a solid DT in a 4-3. Much better depth than we have.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 05, 2012, 10:24:54 PM

'huge ' upgrade?  .  Captain overstatement...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

lowlife

Starter
#27 : April 06, 2012, 12:28:10 AM

Miller is god awful and Price should be a 3tech. That leaves Okam as the only 1tech player on the team. Okoye is definitely more of a 3tech, so it sorta helps depth but I think a bigger hold-the-point type player is necessary.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 06, 2012, 12:59:30 AM

They may have told him they will check back with him after the draft.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 06, 2012, 09:10:24 AM

I think you guys are a bit too hard on Miller. Guy has basically been in a different system each year in the leaugue, including his rookie year when he was asked to be as heavily as possible only to move to a system where he needed to quicker 2 months into the season. Not saying he's a world beater, but he's better than Frank Okam IMO. Would love to see the Bucs sign Okoye though. Would really solidify the depth and young talent at the position.
: April 06, 2012, 09:13:50 AM BucsPirate1
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs interest in Okoye is said to be mutual « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools