Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs interest in Okoye is said to be mutual « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 06, 2012, 09:33:27 AM

Can't think of any good reasons why both he and London Fletcher don't get contract offers...
Bad asz sig pic brother!  When you are done with it, I want it. Hahaha!  Seriously though, I want it. ;)

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 06, 2012, 10:52:48 AM

If we can sign him for less than one of our other guys that is a rotation guy only I say lets do it.  He is still young and learning the game.  If I remember right he didn't play ball until College so he is still on the upswing in terms of game play.  I am not sure what the guys outside of Price, McCoy and potentially Miller are making but I think he is better than all of them except Price and McCoy when they are healthy.  Unfortunately they haven't been for a season yet so why should they be now.  We need some good depth at all positions so lets sign him on the cheap if possible.

Isnt he a 5 year vet at this point? He should sure as hell know the game by now and one of the things about him coming out was how smart he was. I expected alot from this guy when he got drafted.. I surely would like him for depth though but I dont see where he is going to be much better than he is now.

El Diablo

Starter

#32 : April 06, 2012, 11:16:05 AM

If we can sign him for less than one of our other guys that is a rotation guy only I say lets do it.  He is still young and learning the game.  If I remember right he didn't play ball until College so he is still on the upswing in terms of game play.  I am not sure what the guys outside of Price, McCoy and potentially Miller are making but I think he is better than all of them except Price and McCoy when they are healthy.  Unfortunately they haven't been for a season yet so why should they be now.  We need some good depth at all positions so lets sign him on the cheap if possible.

Isnt he a 5 year vet at this point? He should sure as hell know the game by now and one of the things about him coming out was how smart he was. I expected alot from this guy when he got drafted.. I surely would like him for depth though but I dont see where he is going to be much better than he is now.

He has been in the league for 5 years but he is only 8 months older than Mccoy. Plus the majority of his years he was playing in a 3-4 defense which I don't think suits him.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2012, 11:29:45 AM

Plus the majority of his years he was playing in a 3-4 defense which I don't think suits him.
Is that true?  I thought the Texans only recently switched to a 3-4.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 06, 2012, 12:51:33 PM

Correct.. I think this past year is the 1st year they went to the 3-4 and Chicago is not a 3-4 either.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 06, 2012, 04:01:03 PM

Pretty sure Okoye played UT in the Tampa-2 scheme while with the Bears...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 06, 2012, 05:20:16 PM

meh ... Okoye  has been huge dissappointment in his career so far. I guess he'd be nice to have around as depth behind Price's patchwork hamstrings , but meh ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 06, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Not meant to be a "splash" signing...just a solid depth player.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 06, 2012, 05:49:58 PM

Okoye did well with the Bears last year as a rotational DT in a 4-3. He'd be a solid addition.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 07, 2012, 01:24:58 AM

Not meant to be a "splash" signing...just a solid depth player.

This   ^^^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 07, 2012, 11:15:00 AM

if we are bringing in vet depth i'd like to see some run pluggers.  What are Stroud and Henderson doing these days?  If I recall Henderson has been in Oakland and didn't Stroud play for NE last year?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 07, 2012, 11:34:04 AM

Okoye is regarded as a quality run stopper.

tmac87

Starter
#42 : April 07, 2012, 11:54:56 AM

If only for the fact we haven't done anything for LBs yet.....lol... :/

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 07, 2012, 11:56:56 AM

Depth is good. The less we have to see of the Miller/Okam types the better off we are.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 07, 2012, 12:09:57 PM

should FA be used for depth or for starters?  Or does it not matter?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs interest in Okoye is said to be mutual « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools