Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Claiborne and the Wonderlic test shedding light on a bigger issue? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 05, 2012, 06:46:29 PM

LSU could have known he had a learning disability but did not want to make it an issue.

The real question is why should we care? The real issue issue is the decline of respect for others in this new technology age.

At the end of the year no one will care and it will be a mute issuse but for right now there are a bunch of disrespectful mother**CENSORED**ers with nothing better to do than drag someone through the mud.
''''

Dragged through the mud?

HUH???

Claiborne took the test and showed he should never been in college.   Brutal fact.      Can't blame anyone but himself.
Blame himself for what? Being a top 5 NFL prospect?

His wonderlic score, grades from LSU, and whatever college transcripts are all history. Mute points. Why is there multiple threads on a dead issue?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 05, 2012, 06:57:08 PM

Such a non issue.  Not everyone belongs in college, mits supposed to be intellectually rigorous and not everyone is capable of that rigor.  Unfortunately, as a culture we don't want to admit that, and we place more importance on the piece of paper at the end rather than the education it is supposed to represent.  That degrades the quality of education. I've seen masters level students writing at an eighth grade level and getting high grades.

Th reality aboutnmozt of these athletes is they are NOT in college for an education, they are there because it is the only real route into professional ball. They're there to learn football, not physics.  The only problem is these schools continue to pretend otherwise.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2012, 08:31:21 PM

Normal.                          "Mo"rmal.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 06, 2012, 12:17:40 AM

Such a non issue.  Not everyone belongs in college, mits supposed to be intellectually rigorous and not everyone is capable of that rigor.  Unfortunately, as a culture we don't want to admit that, and we place more importance on the piece of paper at the end rather than the education it is supposed to represent.  That degrades the quality of education. I've seen masters level students writing at an eighth grade level and getting high grades.

Th reality aboutnmozt of these athletes is they are NOT in college for an education, they are there because it is the only real route into professional ball. They're there to learn football, not physics.  The only problem is these schools continue to pretend otherwise.

Don't disagree  but there is a trend that the most successful franchises are following ....that .states: " Being a Great athlete and intelligent  is far better than being a Great athlete and Stupid."

Claiborne sends a huge red flag not only with his wonderlic score but his response to it.  As I mentioned being an intelligent great athlete is what you want your team filled.   Just a theory but character and intelligence I believe do indeed go together often.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 06, 2012, 12:22:23 AM

LSU could have known he had a learning disability but did not want to make it an issue.

The real question is why should we care? The real issue issue is the decline of respect for others in this new technology age.

At the end of the year no one will care and it will be a mute issuse but for right now there are a bunch of disrespectful mother**CENSORED**ers with nothing better to do than drag someone through the mud.
''''

Dragged through the mud?

HUH???

Claiborne took the test and showed he should never been in college.   Brutal fact.      Can't blame anyone but himself.
Blame himself for what? Being a top 5 NFL prospect?

His wonderlic score, grades from LSU, and whatever college transcripts are all history. Mute points. Why is there multiple threads on a dead issue?

DEAD ISSUE?    I do believe the draft hasn't been held yet..  As a Bucs fan I see Booker Reese written all over this kid.   I prefer the Barbers, Dunns, Sapps, Brooks, Lynches etc of the world chosen with Premium picks.  The draft annually is littered with mistake of  those that believe athletic ability is all that matters.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : April 06, 2012, 06:59:11 AM

Don't disagree  but there is a trend that the most successful franchises are following ....that .states: " Being a Great athlete and intelligent  is far better than being a Great athlete and Stupid."

Claiborne sends a huge red flag not only with his wonderlic score but his response to it.  As I mentioned being an intelligent great athlete is what you want your team filled.   Just a theory but character and intelligence I believe do indeed go together often.

Exactly.  Bucs need marketable players that the community relates to - or that the paying season ticket holders relate to.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 06, 2012, 07:00:57 AM

DEAD ISSUE?    I do believe the draft hasn't been held yet..  As a Bucs fan I see Booker Reese written all over this kid.   I prefer the Barbers, Dunns, Sapps, Brooks, Lynches etc of the world chosen with Premium picks.  The draft annually is littered with mistake of  those that believe athletic ability is all that matters.

Wouldn't say Booker Reece. Claiborne actually has football skills/talent. Reece was a project.  Maybe more like Gaines Adams.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 06, 2012, 07:40:01 AM

The Booker Reese card has been played....now things are getting serious !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

djrobbied530

Second String

#23 : April 06, 2012, 12:21:38 PM

It's definitely an indictment on college athletics, specifically football. I'd like to see his college transcripts, SATs, etc. I'm thinking they (LSU) fudged a lot for him and a lot of other players. And they're not the only university that does it. NFL needs a minor league system for players like Claiborne who aren't college material.

So, we should take away his ability to learn at a higher level because he has a learning disability? By that logic, no one with a learning disability should ever have the opportunity to go to college.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 06, 2012, 12:29:00 PM

Wouldn't say Booker Reece. Claiborne actually has football skills/talent. Reece was a project.  Maybe more like Gaines Adams.

True Booker Reese came from Bethune Cookman as a project but his athletic measurable's were off the charts.   Also like Claiborne he was dumber than a box of rocks. Never forgot him being picked up in drag on some prostitution corner?  He also served prison time.   The only thing in common with Gaines Adams is their projected draft position.  I don't believe Gaines was so academically challenged.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 06, 2012, 12:29:33 PM

A university education isn't a right, is it?  Something tells me LSU wouldn't accept Claiborne as a student if he weren't an athlete.  There's a double standard there.  Do they have admission standards at that school? Obviously not.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 06, 2012, 12:31:24 PM

It's definitely an indictment on college athletics, specifically football. I'd like to see his college transcripts, SATs, etc. I'm thinking they (LSU) fudged a lot for him and a lot of other players. And they're not the only university that does it. NFL needs a minor league system for players like Claiborne who aren't college material.

So, we should take away his ability to learn at a higher level because he has a learning disability? By that logic, no one with a learning disability should ever have the opportunity to go to college.

How do you know it is a learning disability and not just a phenomenally low IQ ?  The kids communication skills and mastery of the written word are at the level of a very poor elementary school student that actually seems quite proud of his ignorance and stupidity by his comments.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 06, 2012, 12:36:13 PM

So they call it a "learning disability"?  When I was a kid, they just said a kid didn't apply himself or didn't study hard enough, or didn't give a crap in school.

djrobbied530

Second String

#28 : April 06, 2012, 12:36:31 PM

How do you know it is a learning disability and not just a phenomenally low IQ ?  The kids communication skills and mastery of the written word are at the level of a very poor elementary school student that actually seems quite proud of his ignorance and stupidity by his comments.

For someone who blindly brandished this kid a thug, I guess I expected too much of you.

He has a reading disability, http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-you-should-know-about-Claibornes-test-score.html

You seem to be quite proud of your ignorance based on your comments, when you don't even bother trying to consider what his situation must be like.

djrobbied530

Second String

#29 : April 06, 2012, 12:37:42 PM

A university education isn't a right, is it?  Something tells me LSU wouldn't accept Claiborne as a student if he weren't an athlete.  There's a double standard there.  Do they have admission standards at that school? Obviously not.

It's not a right, but you want to take away his ability to get a higher education because the dude has a reading disability. What kind of a man that makes you?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Claiborne and the Wonderlic test shedding light on a bigger issue? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools