Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Genesis8510

Starter
: April 05, 2012, 08:21:43 PM

Say we don't draft T-Rich and Blount goes on to have 1200+ yds and 10 TDs with <5 fumbles next season due to better coaching and an actual commitment to the run. Would the haters disappear? OR would they be telling MD to get him a long term deal?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : April 05, 2012, 08:36:39 PM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 05, 2012, 08:54:18 PM

I don't think the Blount haters will change their opinion no matter what he accomplishes.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 05, 2012, 08:58:28 PM

if reports come out that blount busts his tail, shows up to meetings, puts in time, and is a team player there wont be any blount haters.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blackat1515

Second String
#4 : April 05, 2012, 09:00:00 PM

I am not a hater of blount but let's look at this as a team 1st view
Let's say blount gets hurt week five, would you want a T rich to step in and feel that spot or just any back up.
IMO if Trich is there at 5, it's a no brainer

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 05, 2012, 09:27:53 PM

Some ppl are haters regardless.  In fact this very post, may have poster that will still hate blount even if he runs for 4000 yards and 40 tds.  Some ppl just hate other ppl because its just in their nature to hate.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 05, 2012, 09:31:21 PM

Let's say blount gets hurt week five, would you want a T rich to step in and feel that spot or just any back up.
Depends on who is left. If Einstein is there, then yes it is a no brainer. Pun intended. Kid can ball and is filling a need with no depth or stability.

Think about it. Blount and say Doug Martin. Or Barber, Biggers, Gaitor, Mack, Lewis...Talib is "dead man walkin". His time as a free man are comIng to an end IMO.

Cornerback is a no brainer. Literally, figuratively, and hillariously.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 05, 2012, 09:35:42 PM

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 05, 2012, 09:38:20 PM

Fumbles and unsportsmanlike penalties. You wonder why Buc fans might not be happy with Blount?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 05, 2012, 09:45:13 PM

Nah... they'd rather have LaMichael James

-------------------------------------------------------

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 05, 2012, 09:45:53 PM

you don't draft back-ups at 5.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 05, 2012, 10:00:07 PM

Say we don't draft T-Rich and Blount goes on to have 1200+ yds and 10 TDs with <5 fumbles next season due to better coaching and an actual commitment to the run. Would the haters disappear? OR would they be telling MD to get him a long term deal?
If he can be a capable 30-40 reception receiver along with that and doesn't get Freeman killed in pass pro, along with all that. Sure lock him up. A lot to prove though in one year, but its possible to manage if he works his ass off this off-season.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#12 : April 05, 2012, 10:15:02 PM

Fumbles and unsportsmanlike penalties. You wonder why Buc fans might not be happy with Blount?

Let's be fair...it was one personal foul, after a cheap shot from Will Smith...of the bountygate saints during a very heated game. I remember it vividly, he pushed smith and hit his face mask. Happens allot, and when your team is getting throttled due to inept coaching frustration is bound to fester.

Do I like fumbles....no.... But I don't like interceptions either and core t me if I'm wrong but freeman turned the ball over allot more than Blount.

Fact is, untill these players have had an offseason with a real coaching staff we really don't know what we have.

Genesis8510

Starter
#13 : April 05, 2012, 10:16:21 PM

Thanks for the responses. I just feel Blount has the POTENTIAL and does more than just flash. He could be outstanding if he applies himself. I also wouldn't fault the Bucs for drafting T-Rich even if I would prefer somebody else.

mrchillwill, you are correct, you don't draft backups at #5.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 05, 2012, 10:28:29 PM

If we draft TRich, Blount becomes the backup. A role i feel he's very well suited for.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools