Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 05, 2012, 10:29:38 PM

He could be outstanding if he applies himself.

whats he waiting for?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 05, 2012, 10:31:58 PM

He is outstanding. Are you guys blind?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 05, 2012, 10:55:14 PM

Yeah JDouble guess we are all blind just because we don't get on our knees for one of the most overrated RB in the NFL. I've said it before and will say it again, he is one of the worst RB in the NFL and there are backups better than he will ever be. Tell me who he is better than as I can list at least 20 that he is not better than.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 05, 2012, 11:03:13 PM

Every one of your posts has to do with getting on your knees, bending over, or put a male organ in your mouth. You have issues.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 05, 2012, 11:13:29 PM

Most of Blounts fumbles came from runs where he was attempted to drag at every player on the defensive at least one time during the run. There are only a few that didn't happen that way. If Blount is getting hate from people here, then how come Freeman isn't? Wasn't his TD-int ratio the worst in the league among starting QBs. If we got rid of Blount, or limited him to a backup role, we'd officially be the most retarded team in the NFL.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 05, 2012, 11:16:54 PM

Yeah JDouble guess we are all blind just because we don't get on our knees for one of the most overrated RB in the NFL. I've said it before and will say it again, he is one of the worst RB in the NFL and there are backups better than he will ever be. Tell me who he is better than as I can list at least 20 that he is not better than.
I used to agree with you about Ruud, but I think you are wayyyy off on Blount.  I think you would hard pressed to find a better pure runner.  And if he is able to polish up his protections in his first offseason, you might be hardpressed to find a better rb outside of AP.  I don't see how ppl can focus on the 2-3 bad plays he makes, and ignore the 10 amazing ones he makes.  Let's not forget that when blount was in the game, the opposing teams knew, almost for certain that he was going to run it.  His errors get blown so far out of proportion that ppl forget he faced 8-9 man boxes every time he was on the field behind one of the worst olines in the league....and still pummelled ppl.  It's like kicking Cindy Crawford out of bed because of her mole...its ridiculous.
: April 05, 2012, 11:20:23 PM Ramonb

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 05, 2012, 11:17:04 PM

If Blount is getting hate from people here, then how come Freeman isn't? Wasn't his TD-int ratio the worst in the league among starting QBs. If we got rid of Blount, or limited him to a backup role, we'd officially be the most retarded team in the NFL.

If you've read any of my posts, you'd know i keep it real. I've stated many times that the woes of our offense last yr fall directly on the shoulders of Olsen and Freeman. With a new OC, the acquisitions made thus far, and with Richardson in 3 weeks, he'll have no more excuses. Time for the Franchi5e to take it to the next level....or be relegated to holding a clipboard.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 05, 2012, 11:18:08 PM

Based off of his 2010 season you are completely wrong. If you're basing it off of his 2011 season then I'm assuming you'll do the same with Freeman. Since 2010 doesn't seem to matter, we  can look at rest of Freeman's career (2009 and 2011). You must think Freeman is one of the worst starting QBs in the league also.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 05, 2012, 11:18:43 PM

Can't wait to see Freeman and Blount blow up this year!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 05, 2012, 11:21:58 PM

If Blount is getting hate from people here, then how come Freeman isn't? Wasn't his TD-int ratio the worst in the league among starting QBs. If we got rid of Blount, or limited him to a backup role, we'd officially be the most retarded team in the NFL.

If you've read any of my posts, you'd know i keep it real. I've stated many times that the woes of our offense last yr fall directly on the shoulders of Olsen and Freeman. With a new OC, the acquisitions made thus far, and with Richardson in 3 weeks, he'll have no more excuses. Time for the Franchi5e to take it to the next level....or be relegated to holding a clipboard.

I agree about Freeman for sure. I think Blount + Richardson combo would be a sick running game. I just don't agree with limiting Blount to just a backup. They would need to be a true double threat. If one of them went down then the other would shoulder most of the load. If Richardson was the main back and Blount saw less time it would be a big waste to me. To me Blount is a major weapon but there seems to be a real divide in what people think of Blount and how good he is.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 05, 2012, 11:24:00 PM

I hope...hope being the key word here, that Freeman can put it all together this year.  His odds improved the day that they fired the entire coaching staff as it was the only coaching staff he's ever known on a professional level.  Hopefully a real coaching staff can take that mountain of potential and craft a razor Sharp lethal defense murdering QB.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 05, 2012, 11:25:48 PM

I used to agree with you about Ruud, but I think you are wayyyy off on Blount.  I think you would hard pressed to find a better pure runner.  And if he is able to polish up his protections in his first offseason, you might be hardpressed to find a better rb outside of AP.  I don't see how ppl can focus on the 2-3 bad plays he makes, and ignore the 10 amazing loss he makes...his errors get blown so far out of proportion that ppl forget he faced 8-9 man boxes every time he was on the field behind one of the worst olines in the league....and still pummelled ppl.  It's like kicking Cindy Crawford out of bed because of her mole...its ridiculous.
This is what KILLS me. People wanna talk Blount up like he is some super star running back right? Why is that Maurice Jones Drew, AP, and Steven Jackson all able to produce in the first half of games against 8 or 9 men in the box while our "star RB" cannot? Hmmm...The Jaguars, Vikings, and Rams offensive line are just as bad as ours last year if not worse. Blount is an impressive athlete but as a runner he is far from remarkable.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 05, 2012, 11:31:09 PM

I used to agree with you about Ruud, but I think you are wayyyy off on Blount.  I think you would hard pressed to find a better pure runner.  And if he is able to polish up his protections in his first offseason, you might be hardpressed to find a better rb outside of AP.  I don't see how ppl can focus on the 2-3 bad plays he makes, and ignore the 10 amazing loss he makes...his errors get blown so far out of proportion that ppl forget he faced 8-9 man boxes every time he was on the field behind one of the worst olines in the league....and still pummelled ppl.  It's like kicking Cindy Crawford out of bed because of her mole...its ridiculous.
This is what KILLS me. People wanna talk Blount up like he is some super star running back right? Why is that Maurice Jones Drew, AP, and Steven Jackson all able to produce in the first half of games against 8 or 9 men in the box  while our "star RB" cannot? Hmmm...The Jaguars, Vikings, and Rams offensive line are just as bad as ours last year if not worse. Blount is an impressive athlete but as a runner he is far from remarkable.
This is also what kills me as its so obvious imho.  It's lack of commitment.  How many games did we start by handing Blount the ball as much as MJD or AP would get?  The games where Blount recieves carries is when we have a lead, and everyone and their mother knows he was getting the ball.  He had the fewest carries among starting rb's in the league last year I'm pretty sure.Problem is our defense was so bad that we would get behind early and never commit to the run.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 05, 2012, 11:31:49 PM

This is what KILLS me. People wanna talk Blount up like he is some super star running back right? Why is that Maurice Jones Drew, AP, and Steven Jackson all able to produce in the first half of games against 8 or 9 men in the box while our "star RB" cannot? Hmmm...The Jaguars, Vikings, and Rams offensive line are just as bad as ours last year if not worse. Blount is an impressive athlete but as a runner he is far from remarkable.

2 of those guys are the top 2 RBs in the league and all of those teams are commited to running the ball. Blount saw less playing time than Lumpkin. You can say  "Theres a reason why Blount saw less playing time the Lumpkin" but I'll just respond "There's a reason why the entire coaching staff got fired" to save some time with our posts.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 05, 2012, 11:37:06 PM

2 of those guys are the top 2 RBs in the league and all of those teams are commited to running the ball. Blount saw less playing time than Lumpkin. You can say  "Theres a reason why Blount saw less playing time the Lumpkin" but I just respond "There's a reason why the entire coaching staff got fired" to save some time with our posts.
When your starting RB is only good for 163 yards on 60 carries in the first quarter of games. Think I rather not be committed to running the ball either.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools