Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 05, 2012, 11:45:16 PM

2 of those guys are the top 2 RBs in the league and all of those teams are commited to running the ball. Blount saw less playing time than Lumpkin. You can say  "Theres a reason why Blount saw less playing time the Lumpkin" but I just respond "There's a reason why the entire coaching staff got fired" to save some time with our posts.
When your starting RB is only good for 163 yards on 60 carries in the first quarter of games. Think I rather not be committed to running the ball either.

Like I've mentioned above, if your stats are based off of this year than I'll assume that you judge Freeman off of 2011 and 2009, making him one of the worst QBs in the league. If Freeman is still judged off of 2010 then why not Blount? Care to calculate all of Blount's first quarter carries in 2010? his only other season which happens to be a season the Bucs actually looked like a real functioning team. His YPC are pretty well known in that year (5.0).
: April 05, 2012, 11:49:29 PM Pepsi

bobcs2

Rookie

#31 : April 06, 2012, 04:48:24 AM

Blount did this and still people hate

These posers are never gonna stop the Blount hate. If you aren't Adrian Peterson you are plain not good enough in the haters eyes. Oh well, I'm happy not being deluded and being happy that LGB is a good RB, he's gonna be a great RB, and I am excited to see him dominate under Schiano's bellcow run game.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : April 06, 2012, 05:08:44 AM

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2012, 05:55:01 AM

Blount had 184 carries last year in 14 games and still had almost 800 yards. In 2010 he had about 220 carries and rushed for over 1000. He needs a kick in the ass from the coaches, and he needs to be handed the damn rock.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 06, 2012, 07:12:31 AM

SayaBencong? Java is actually making videos to troll with now? Wow.

Draft Aaron Donald

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : April 06, 2012, 07:40:04 AM

Texans are doing very well w/ Foster and Tate.  Blount needs to understand that very few teams work w/ one RB alone.

If he shows that he can hold the ball without fumbling, is a team player, and can be a  change-up from TR, he'll play.

Alstott wasn't the first choice initially, but became an important piece to the Bucs' puzzle as a power back - Blount can do the same.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 06, 2012, 07:54:38 AM

I hate to say it , but Java's video wins .  LOL

Blount is not a feature back  , never will be. As a compliment back he'd be a beast  , but we can't build an offense around this guy. Too many limitations.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 06, 2012, 08:07:35 AM

If Blount is getting hate from people here, then how come Freeman isn't?

blounts hate comes from the perception of him being lazy/attitude/not fully committed/whathaveyou.  freeman doesnt have that perception.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 06, 2012, 08:12:20 AM

Say we don't draft T-Rich and Blount goes on to have 1200+ yds and 10 TDs with <5 fumbles next season due to better coaching and an actual commitment to the run. Would the haters disappear? OR would they be telling MD to get him a long term deal?

I don't care if wins the rushing title each of the next 2 years. I don't want him getting a long term contract.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 06, 2012, 08:14:22 AM

If Blount is getting hate from people here, then how come Freeman isn't?

blounts hate comes from the perception of him being lazy/attitude/not fully committed/whathaveyou.  freeman doesnt have that perception.
So it is ok to put merit in one rumor, but dismiss another?  From what I have heard, Freeman was lazy last year as well. And his diet is bonafide atrocious. And his play was reflective of all that. Blount put up great numbers, for getting hit behind the line repeatedly, the same line freeman has btw. Blounts issues are remedied easier than fixing Freeman's perceived lack of accuracy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 06, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

These posers are never gonna stop the Blount hate.

aside from that run, blount averaged 3.1 yards on 17 carries.  it was an amazing run.  one of the best of all time.  how would you judge his play the rest of the game?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 06, 2012, 08:20:19 AM

So it is ok to put merit in one rumor, but dismiss another?  From what I have heard, Freeman was lazy last year as well. And his diet is bonafide atrocious. And his play was reflective of all that. Blount put up great numbers, for getting hit behind the line repeatedly, the same line freeman has btw. Blounts issues are remedied easier than fixing Freeman's perceived lack of accuracy.

no, i fully believe the rumors about both guys.  but right now i would say the perception on both guys is completely different. 

call it soph slump, call it getting big headed, call it not being able to handle the bright lights.  the last coach let it get out of control.  the new coach is already on record saying it will be stopped immediately.  we'll just have to wait and see if these guys want to be football players or rock stars.  dont think you can do both anymore.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 06, 2012, 08:23:39 AM

These posers are never gonna stop the Blount hate.

aside from that run, blount averaged 3.1 yards on 17 carries.  it was an amazing run.  one of the best of all time.  how would you judge his play the rest of the game?

So we are expected to remove his amazing achievements from our judgement and only judge him on the runs you pick? That's not slanted at all.

Draft Aaron Donald

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#43 : April 06, 2012, 08:25:53 AM

Blount has the tools there for him to be an elite running back.. so far it has not been fully realized. Part coaching and part personal road bloacks I would assume. His ball security really concerns me and I said that back to his first year when people kept denying it was an issue.

Claiborne is a bigger need for this team today than TR is. Talib is very likely to be incarcerated and even the specter of the possibility puts the organization in a bind. We can draft RBs ( admittedly not as good as TR) in later rounds.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 06, 2012, 08:26:58 AM

Correct JDub.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount vs Haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools