Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 NFC south qb's in top 10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

stormsct

Starter

#15 : April 06, 2012, 11:30:51 AM

So, two guys who haven't even played a down in the NFL are listed as part of a NFL list of QBs? Wow, credibility is completely lost.

Sorry, it's takes a lot more than potential to be a NFL QB - much more to be a great one...period.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#16 : April 06, 2012, 11:35:38 AM

Any list with Eli and Ben in the top 3 is a joke. Not even top 5.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 06, 2012, 11:43:58 AM

Matthew Stafford is the 5th best QB in the NFL, maybe 6th if Manning regains his dominance.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 06, 2012, 11:57:42 AM

So, two guys who haven't even played a down in the NFL are listed as part of a NFL list of QBs? Wow, credibility is completely lost.

Sorry, it's takes a lot more than potential to be a NFL QB - much more to be a great one...period.
Well, it's fair to list Luck and RG if you're taking a look ahead, as he listed 32 QBs, and both of these guys will be playing. Now, where you rank them is another thing. Luck is good and all, but will he really finish where predicted when he's playing as a rookie on a team that, well, got the #1 draft pick? On a team that blew up their roster and looks to be rebuilding? I don't think so. But list him, sure.

I have other problems (as do others) with the list, but is making a controversial list just being smart? Would a more standard list draw a ho-hum from readers?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 06, 2012, 12:53:04 PM

16) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts: Yes, I'm projecting his selection by the Colts at No. 1. (Pretty bold!) He's not this highly rated for no reason, guys. And you'd take him and his potential for the 2012 season over anyone else between here and 32.
21) Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: Projecting his selection at No. 2 by Washington. You can't just say he's the next Cam Newton, but you can't say he isn't either. If I thought he would throw for a high completion percentage right off the bat, I'd have him just behind Luck.
29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

That right there tells me everything I need to know about how moronic this list is.
Flynn sets records in the 2 NFL games he's played in for a franchise that has had long time starters called Starr, Favre & Rodgers but the sample size is "too small" to place him higher yet guys who haven't even been drafted let alone thrown an NFL pass are 13 & 8 places higher?
That right there defines what a contradiction is and makes the list worthless.

Fantastic point!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 NFC south qb's in top 10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools