Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp files for bankruptcy, lost Super Bowl ring « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : April 06, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »

Well, if former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey is going to sue Warren Sapp, he’d better get in line with the rest of Sapp’s creditors.

Sapp, a likely future Hall of Famer, has declared bankruptcy in Florida, according to TMZ.com.

He has filed under Chapter 7, which will result in full liquidation of his $6.45 million in assets to pay his $6.7 million in debts.

According to the filing, Sapp owes the IRS more than $900,000, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support.

He lists his current income as $45,000 per month from NFL Network, on a contract that expires in August 2012.  (He also has worked for Showtime’s Inside the NFL.  It’s unknown whether he’ll continue that assignment in 2012.)

Sapp, who spent 12 years in the NFL with the Buccaneers and Raiders, also claims that he has lost his Super Bowl ring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/sapp-files-bankruptcy/

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 06, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »

wow.  unfrickin-believable.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 06, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »

No one to blame but himself. This is why handing this type of money to athletes is stupid. They should be required as rookies to pass a mandatory personal financing class before taking the field.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #3 : April 06, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »

Don't feel sorry for him whatsoever.

Good thing he's got his "U" education to fall back on.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

« #4 : April 06, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

Never undestood how athletes or famous people could go broke. Just doesn't make sense to me having so much money. Can't you just pay a financial advisor some money to makesure your dumbass doesn't blow all your millions away.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #5 : April 06, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

You should. He's a human just like you are. All this "I can't feel sorry for a rich guy" stuff is BS. He got paid for being good at what he does, and if you were in his position, you would feel like you earned it.

Sorry to hear this about Sapp. Money smarts is vital, but he did not deserve to lose his ring.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 06, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »

I'll save my sympathy for the hardworking guy who lost his job and can't pay the mortgage or put food on his family's table, not an overpaid millionaire loudmouth who lived an extravagant life and doesn't know how to manage his millions.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 06, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »

You should. He's a human just like you are. All this "I can't feel sorry for a rich guy" stuff is BS. He got paid for being good at what he does, and if you were in his position, you would feel like you earned it.

Sorry to hear this about Sapp. Money smarts is vital, but he did not deserve to lose his ring.
A ring is to symbolize your victory. It is not needed. He knows he won a Superbowl. His name is in the history books. A piece of gold with diamonds doesn't mean anything in the long run.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : April 06, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »

you gotta be making some pretty unwise decisions when you make 1mil per year and still declare bankruptcy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jcaulfield8

Second String

« #9 : April 06, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »

he says he lost his ring so it isnt one of the items listed that is worth money that they would force him to sell to repay creditors.  he probably owns a house worth a couple million because you cant seize a persons home in florida when they declare bankruptcy. Seems to me this is just someone trying to get out from under mounting debt bill to reduce what he has to pay

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 06, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »

Does he get in the hof?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 06, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

How do these people blow through dozens of millions of dollars?! HOLY **CENSORED**.

I could live for the next 20 years of my life on just 1 million!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 06, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »

he says he lost his ring so it isnt one of the items listed that is worth money that they would force him to sell to repay creditors.  he probably owns a house worth a couple million because you cant seize a persons home in florida when they declare bankruptcy. Seems to me this is just someone trying to get out from under mounting debt bill to reduce what he has to pay

Boom! I think you hit the nail on the head. Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy before. Think he doesn't know how to manage his millions? There's no way he lost his ring. No. Way. It's just hidden reaaalllly well.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : April 06, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

this is why his ring was probably conveniently lost...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/ex-nfl-player-chidi-ahanotu-ordered-to-give-up-championship-ring/

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 06, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »

I might feel bad for him if he was a decent guy. Unfortunately that's not the case. Grateful for his play on the field but he's no hero of mine. I hate to sound callous about a former great player, but honestly he brings it in himself with his behavior.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp files for bankruptcy, lost Super Bowl ring « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools