Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp files for bankruptcy, lost Super Bowl ring « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : April 06, 2012, 06:21:02 PM

Here's another one....

-----------------------------------------
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is "extremely sick," "broke" and is in no position to pay hefty child and spousal support payments, according to court documents.

Rodman is behind in his payments and faces a court hearing Tuesday in Orange. He faces up to 20 days in jail for failure to pay spousal and child support, according to an attorney for his ex-wife.

As of March 1, Rodman, 51, owed $808,935 in back child support for the 9- and 10-year-old children that he had with his third wife, Michelle Rodman, said her attorney, Jack Kayajanian, in court documents.

Rodman also owed $51,441 through March 1 in back spousal support, Kayajanian alleged in court documents.

Michelle Rodman, identified in court papers as a Costa Mesa resident, is also requesting attorneys' fees, according to the Daily Pilot.

Dennis Rodman's attorney, Linnea Willis, said in court documents that the former Laker is barely capable of paying for his living expenses, let alone the $5,000 he has for one child from another relationship, and the $4,500 monthly payment for spousal and child support to Michelle Rodman.

The attorneys who have represented him to date have worked pro bono, Willis said.

"Respondent Dennis Rodman is broke and cannot afford any additional fees," according to court documents filed on his behalf.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 06, 2012, 06:55:25 PM

I don't find this shocking at all, what does shock me is how many people question how sports stars go bankrupt like it's unexpected.
Hello, they're sports stars, they are payed to play a game, they are essentially no more than really old/big kids.
If people like Richard Branson, Abe Lincoln, Henry Ford and Walt Disney can go bankrupt a guy like Sapp or Rodman doing it doesn't shock me in the slightest.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 06, 2012, 06:59:01 PM

Seems like most of today's athlete's in Sapp's situation have child support issues.

Some may have gotten themselves into some stupid businesses that ended up failiing.

NFL players go through seminars as rookies to keep them from doing these stupid things - Sapp must have fallen asleep during the presentation.

The Joker

Rookie

#18 : April 06, 2012, 07:03:42 PM

I don't get the negative stigma on Sapp's attitude.  I ran into Sapp twice at a sushi restaurant we both frequented while he played for the Buc's.  We both sat at the sushi bar and he was nothing but kind and told some good stories.  The flip side of that is a player that had nothing but a great reputation was nothing but a complete scum bag to me when his restaurant idea A-Train pizza fell through and he owed me $5400.  He actually told me to come down to the restaurant and take it from him like a man.  This is while he was still playing for the Buc's.

As far as filing bankruptcy, he still has his ring somewhere I am sure along with his platinum bracelet that he bought the entire defense.  Bankruptcy isn't like it used to be and now can be a wise financial move.
: April 06, 2012, 07:07:41 PM The Joker

stallion504

Rookie

#19 : April 06, 2012, 07:41:35 PM

you gotta be making some pretty unwise decisions when you make 1mil per year and still declare bankruptcy.

I really don't see this more than just reorganizing debt. Millionaires do it all the time.  It's the enslaved who thinks that this is such a horrible thing. He has purchased everything he probably need and to be able to not pay those taxes, he files bankruptcy. A little public criticism, but in less than a year he will be clear of paying that money. Donald Trump has done this before and many many more.

stallion504

Rookie

#20 : April 06, 2012, 07:45:42 PM

I don't get the negative stigma on Sapp's attitude.  I ran into Sapp twice at a sushi restaurant we both frequented while he played for the Buc's.  We both sat at the sushi bar and he was nothing but kind and told some good stories.  The flip side of that is a player that had nothing but a great reputation was nothing but a complete scum bag to me when his restaurant idea A-Train pizza fell through and he owed me $5400.  He actually told me to come down to the restaurant and take it from him like a man.  This is while he was still playing for the Buc's.

As far as filing bankruptcy, he still has his ring somewhere I am sure along with his platinum bracelet that he bought the entire defense.  Bankruptcy isn't like it used to be and now can be a wise financial move.

+1

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 06, 2012, 07:50:11 PM

Behind $100,000s in child support.

Deadbeat Dad.

Yeah, don't feel sorry for him whatsoever.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 06, 2012, 09:11:20 PM

Does he get in the hof?

It would be a crime if he doesn't.  Heck, it would be a crime if he isn't a first ballot HOFer.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 06, 2012, 09:51:48 PM

Behind $100,000s in child support.

Deadbeat Dad.

Yeah, don't feel sorry for him whatsoever.

Pfffft. Because pampers cost $20k? Bottles cost $50k? Get real. Most regular people pay $500-1000 in child support. He had a higher income so he probably pays something ridiculous like $5-$10k per month. I've always hated how that works. Sapp has probably paid enough child support to put that kid(s) through college.

You are a judgemental A-hole.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : April 06, 2012, 10:12:54 PM

Child Support and Alimony payment is fundamentally flawed

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 06, 2012, 10:24:27 PM

he could pay off his child support in less than 2 months of work right?  and thats just from one of his jobs.  priorities.

like someone said, its just a financial trick.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 06, 2012, 10:34:28 PM

he could pay off his child support in less than 2 months of work right?  and thats just from one of his jobs.  priorities.

This also might have something to do with the fact that he could be facing a serious lawsuit re: Shockey. All strategic I assure you. Im also not so sure how he can do a CH 7 with still having at least a half mill a year in income.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : April 06, 2012, 11:03:24 PM

What about Alimony payments?

Actually, I'll answer that.

According to court documents filed in Florida, as part of his divorce judgment back in 2007, Sapp was ordered to pay $15,000/month in support for his two kids and another $45,000/month in alimony

No wonder he's broke

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 06, 2012, 11:05:56 PM

Embarrassing!!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 06, 2012, 11:30:55 PM

I'll save my sympathy for the hardworking guy who lost his job and can't pay the mortgage or put food on his family's table, not an overpaid millionaire loudmouth who lived an extravagant life and doesn't know how to manage his millions.

Gotta admit, me and Morgan don't agree on much, but I can't find any fault on this one.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp files for bankruptcy, lost Super Bowl ring « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools