Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye is a Buc....one year, 2 mil.....agent confirms. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

traew01

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 07, 2012, 09:54:16 PM

If this turns out to be true I will lay off Dominik for the rest of the off-season.

We need another vet at linebacker...but Dominik HAD to address the middle of that defense. We were gutted too many times - and had too little depth behind two extremely injury-prone defensive tackles.

This will be a great move. I pray (to the football gods) it is true.

RiotHeart

Starter

#16 : April 07, 2012, 09:56:41 PM

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
The #Buccaneers and DT Amobi Okoye agreed to a one-year, two mill deal, his agents Darin Morgan and Ian Greengross confirmed.

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
$700k of Okoye's deal is guaranteed. He'll give them an inside pass rusher in nickel situations.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 07, 2012, 09:57:36 PM

Sounds like a done deal. Good move.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 07, 2012, 09:57:40 PM

Good work Dom.    Nice signing.  A very young player, that will fit in well.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 07, 2012, 09:59:28 PM

Big fan of the move. Third DT option. I really like it.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 07, 2012, 09:59:57 PM

Good work Dom.    Nice signing.  A very young player, that will fit in well.

+1. Love it.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 07, 2012, 10:01:53 PM

Like it!

bashear

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 07, 2012, 10:02:58 PM

If this turns out to be true I will lay off Dominik for the rest of the off-season.
...or until the draft, whatever comes first.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 07, 2012, 10:03:09 PM

Beastly d-line..........on paper......but kudos to Dom.....let's hope Schiano can translate potential into production.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 07, 2012, 10:04:24 PM

Love it.

Wish it was longer then 1 year though. Cause if he really shines for us its going to cost us $$$$ to keep him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 07, 2012, 10:04:49 PM

Beastly d-line..........on paper......but kudos to Dom.....let's hope Schiano can translate potential into production.

If they stay healthy I think they can. Let's see it though.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 07, 2012, 10:04:52 PM

The 'ayes' have it............good signing.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

traew01

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 07, 2012, 10:05:07 PM

...or until the draft, whatever comes first.

Nah, I really do not have an isue with Dom when it comes to the draft. Just free agency.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 07, 2012, 10:07:01 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/another-free-agent-foray-bucs-sign-dt-amobi-okoye

APRIL 07, 2012
Another free agent foray: Bucs sign DT Amobi Okoye

The Bucs have signed Bears free-agent defensive tackle Amobi Okoye to a contract, adding some much-needed depth to a position that has been besieged by injuries the past two seasons.

Agents Darin Morgan and Ian Greengross came to terms with the Bucs on a one-year deal tonight, Morgan confirmed.

Okoye, who will earn $2 million, adds competition and solidifies the depth behind 2011 starters Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, both of whom have been unable to shake the injury bug. The Bucs were left to scour the waiver wire and street free agents last season to fill their holes at defensive tackle, even acquiring troubled Albert Haynesworth from the Patriots.

A former first-round pick of the Texans, Okoye has started 59 games in five seasons, recording four sacks in a part-time role with the Bears last season. Chicago had hoped to re-sign Okoye, but the sides were unable to agree to terms.

Though a veteran player, the native Nigerian is just 24. Hes considered a disruptive force who is quick off the line of scrimmage, while also providing an interior pass rush.

Okoye joins five other defensive tackles on their 80-man offseason roster: McCoy, Price, Miller, McCargo and Frank Okam.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

traew01

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 07, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

The owners of Blue Martini Lounge in Tampa just did a fist pump.

Okoye is a baller....in more ways than one. Hey Amobi, word to the wise...Do not share a cab home with Talib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlM8VHPBzA&feature=player_embedded#!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye is a Buc....one year, 2 mil.....agent confirms. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools