Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: any one else notice how bad Mo C's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 08, 2012, 11:14:55 AM

10 yard splits mean nothing for CB's. When are they ever running in a straight line? Never. They are normally back peddling. You are just trying to find stuff not to like about him.
it  is more relevant than a 40 yard dash.  It test initial burst.  Their true football speed.  Since his 40 time is average that tells me he is more of a strider than a quick twitch athlete.  If anyone has a closed mind for truly evaluating how successful he might actually be in the NFL it is you not me.

watson

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 08, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

Claiborne excelled in the toughest conference in college football.  I prefer to base my opinion on what I see on the field then on the combine.   
But what concerns me is he never covered a Julio Jones or Alshond Jeffereis, etc in games.  He was always on the other teams lesser WRs.  In the NFL, he will be facing WRs that are better than these guys every week.  I would prefer to have a player that has put that coverage on tape.  He may be great in the NFL, but I just didn't see him have to do that type of play in college.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 08, 2012, 12:09:17 PM

apparently he's good enough for Les Miles which means he's good enough for me.

Claiborne is good at anticipation and will develop into a top cb in the for whatever team drqfts him.
Lets all hope its the Bucs

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 08, 2012, 12:09:52 PM

Id be more comfortable with Jenkins TBH.....and I'm not even a Florida homer....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 08, 2012, 12:21:59 PM

Well he's likely to be our pick. Is this the pre pick complain about it thread?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 08, 2012, 12:23:40 PM

10 yard splits mean nothing for CB's. When are they ever running in a straight line? Never. They are normally back peddling. You are just trying to find stuff not to like about him.
it  is more relevant than a 40 yard dash.  It test initial burst.  Their true football speed.  Since his 40 time is average that tells me he is more of a strider than a quick twitch athlete.  If anyone has a closed mind for truly evaluating how successful he might actually be in the NFL it is you not me.

CBs never have to run straight forward from a dead stop. WRs, RBs, and DEs yes, but not corners. The combine SHOULD have a test where you back-peddle 10 yrds then turn and run 30, that would be a true test for a DB.

What is FAAAAAAAAAARRR more important than any combine stat is his game film. And what I saw was a CB who the opposing QB constantly looked at once then turned away. Who cares about a 10 yrd split if he can keep a QB from even trying to throw to a WR?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 08, 2012, 12:24:36 PM

Well he's likely to be our pick.

You don't know that.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 08, 2012, 12:29:58 PM

My prediction.

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Kalil
4. Richardson - since claiborne is so bad and they need a RB they take him off the board.
5. Claiborne - talib and barber could both be gone. BPA.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 08, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

Well he's likely to be our pick.

You don't know that.

HUH?

"likely" means a higher probability. The word "know" doesn't even belong.

I'd agree that he IS the most "likely" to be our pick. I'd say the odds are: Claiborne 40%, Richardson 35%, trade down 15%, Kalil 5%, anyone else 5%.
The reason Claiborne is more likely is because it is more likely that Cleveland takes TR ahead of us (since they already have a #1 CB).

Buc45

Starter
#24 : April 08, 2012, 12:54:33 PM

Claiborne is not much better than some of the other 1st-2nd round prospects at his position... Those splits are important... He is a good prospect but not a top 5 prospect.  I honestly think we are going to surprise people at #5 if TR is not there... More and more I don't think the pick will be Claiborne...

traew01

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 08, 2012, 12:55:54 PM

ugh.

My biggest concern is when guys play on really good defenses. it tends to make them seem better than they really are...

Lots of red flags are starting to come up about Claiborne. Man we cannot miss on this pick. It's too important.

If I am Bucs I am either trading up for Richardson, trading down for more picks, or taking Blackmon. Getting too skiddish about Claiborne.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 08, 2012, 12:59:55 PM

At least on this board it is.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 08, 2012, 01:00:50 PM

ugh.

My biggest concern is when guys play on really good defenses. it tends to make them seem better than they really are...

Lots of red flags are starting to come up about Claiborne. Man we cannot miss on this pick. It's too important.

If I am Bucs I am either trading up for Richardson, trading down for more picks, or taking Blackmon. Getting too skiddish about Claiborne.

It's an all out war for the Richardson homers. Also Gator homers think Jenkins will be great... I think he ends up suspended at best or in jail at worst.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 08, 2012, 01:03:08 PM

Claiborne improves the BUcs secondary, without a doubt.  Even if he busts, he will be better than most everyone on the BUcs current depth chart for corner.  He can't be that damned bad...tape doesn't lie.

Plus, this kid really hits like a train for a CB, and does it properly.  A sound tackler, as well as a great on ball defender.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 08, 2012, 01:12:27 PM

10 yard split on the way to the 40? tha'ts the stat we're talking about?? That means NOTHING. I've ran track for 6 years and coached sprinters and pole vaulters for 2-3 years. That would only tell how good someone's start is out of there 40 stance. Plenty of great/fast football players need work on there start in track. It doesn't translate to football even in the slightest. First of all, when he is playing corner he's never going to be bursting out of a 40 yard dash sprint with all he's got. He will be back pedaling and then transitioning to a sprint. Second, if his 10 yard split was the slowest but he still ran in the 4.4's it would actually mean he's probably faster than most people think since he came out of the blocks(so to speak) slower but finished with a fast time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: any one else notice how bad Mo C's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools