Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: any one else notice how bad Mo C's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 08, 2012, 01:42:36 PM

This is what happens when you over analyze combine numbers.  If you want an "athlete", there will be plenty to choose from in the lower rounds and UDFA.  I want the best DB in the draft, and clearly he is that. 

MasterC25

Starter
#31 : April 08, 2012, 01:46:21 PM

Good enough to cover Julio Jones and Steve Smith

Actually he WASN'T good enough to cover Julio Jones when LSU played Bama in 2010. The few instances Mo was on Julio Bama force feed Julio the ball. The majority of the game Patrick Peterson followed Julio where ever he lined up.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#32 : April 08, 2012, 01:49:51 PM

10 yard splits for a position who plays off the line of scrimmage.

and its .1 second less than other corners in this draft?

I'll live

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 08, 2012, 01:52:59 PM

Claiborne excelled in the toughest conference in college football.  I prefer to base my opinion on what I see on the field then on the combine.   
But what concerns me is he never covered a Julio Jones or Alshond Jeffereis, etc in games.
Except he did

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 08, 2012, 02:04:39 PM

Actually he WASN'T good enough to cover Julio Jones when LSU played Bama in 2010. The few instances Mo was on Julio Bama force feed Julio the ball. The majority of the game Patrick Peterson followed Julio where ever he lined up.
except he only allowed 2 receptions to Julio

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 08, 2012, 02:10:51 PM

lol OP is trying way too hard here. 98% of the time he'll start by backpedaling, so this means nothing. And if it's so bad yet he's still a pretty fast player, that's actually a good thing as it means he has great closing speed. He's not my top choice, but I recognize nonsense when I see it.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 08, 2012, 02:27:43 PM

And this video shows Alabama getting over a bit on Peterson that same year. Everyone saying Claibrorne didn't play anybody like Peterson did Jones, it's not like Peterson shut Jones down. I actually like Claiborne more with the ball in the air. Tackling I'd rather have Peterson.

: April 08, 2012, 02:30:19 PM BucsPirate1

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 08, 2012, 02:35:48 PM

'...all out war...'?

lol

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

MasterC25

Starter
#38 : April 08, 2012, 03:23:17 PM

And this video shows Alabama getting over a bit on Peterson that same year. Everyone saying Claibrorne didn't play anybody like Peterson did Jones, it's not like Peterson shut Jones down. I actually like Claiborne more with the ball in the air. Tackling I'd rather have Peterson.

Yea but what does that tell you that our new DB coach Ron Brooks decided to put Peterson on Jones instead of Claiborne. To me it says Peterson had the speed and the physical prowess to stick with Julio that Ron Brooks and the rest of the defensive staff in Lsu didnt believe Claiborne had or at least had as well as Patrick..

Im pretty sure coach Brooks he has relied that message to Dom and the rest of the staff.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 08, 2012, 03:32:01 PM

Yea but what does that tell you that our new DB coach Ron Brooks decided to put Peterson on Jones instead of Claiborne. To me it says Peterson had the speed and the physical prowess to stick with Julio that Ron Brooks and the rest of the defensive staff in Lsu didnt believe Claiborne had or at least had as well as Patrick..

Im pretty sure coach Brooks he has relied that message to Dom and the rest of the staff.
Or maybe, just maybe Brooks decided to put the more experienced DB on Jones that day.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 08, 2012, 03:36:12 PM

But what concerns me is he never covered a Julio Jones or Alshond Jeffereis, etc in games.  He was always on the other teams lesser WRs. 

Two of the fastest WRs in this draft are Wright and Adams at Ark. He covered them. And he DID cover Jefferies at SCar. Maybe not every play but he did cover him.

Rebel

Rookie

#41 : April 08, 2012, 03:36:56 PM

Or maybe, just maybe Brooks decided to put the more experienced DB on Jones that day.

Naw that couldn't be it. You want the inexperienced Sophomore. Duh.

MasterC25

Starter
#42 : April 08, 2012, 03:39:12 PM

More experienced? Really its college football. The best player plays.  They dont have contracts. How many inexperienced players played at USC last year. Correct me if im wrong but didnt lsu start true soph Trayrann Matthew at corner over senior CB Ron Brooks.
: April 08, 2012, 03:43:56 PM MasterC25

Rebel

Rookie

#43 : April 08, 2012, 03:44:44 PM

Quote from: MasterC25
More experienced? Really its college football. The best player plays.  They dont have contracts. How many inexperienced players played at USC last year. Correct me if im wrong but didnt lsu start true soph Trayrann Matthew at corner over senior CB Ron Brooks.

Mathieu is a better player than Ron Brooks. At that time Peterson was better than Claiborne.
: April 09, 2012, 09:25:16 AM 3rd String Kicker

MasterC25

Starter
#44 : April 08, 2012, 03:46:28 PM

Mathieu is a better player than Ron Brooks. At that time Peterson was better than Claiborne.

Exactly and its not like 10 yrs have past since then. Peterson>>>Claiborne still
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: any one else notice how bad Mo C's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools