Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Browns take Richardson at #4, « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheKingoftheWorld

Practice Squad

: April 09, 2012, 12:08:58 PM

and let's be honest, why wouldn't they? I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think any other QB is worthy of 4, and none are a lock to be better than McCoy. Richardson gives the city a bonfide stud. Then you add someone like Kendell Wright at 22? BPA in the 2nd and some QB to challene at the top of the 3rd or 4th? Maybe they even skip drafting a QB this year and instead sign McNabb, or trade for Hasselbeck? If they thought they needed a QB so bad that they'd draft one not named RG3 at 4, they'd have been more active on Flynn.

So-- let's not feel sorry for ourselves, we have options. If Miami is desperate/dumb enough to move up from 8, that is probably a quick phone call and I think Clainorne is still there at 8. Sure, if Cleveland passes on Tannenhill, Miami probably feels pretty good about him being there at 8, but that's why we make them believe that Cleveland is ringing to try and get back up from 22, plus Seattle and Philly are calling too. And hell, maybe they are. If we go that route, names like Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Kuechly all sound pretty good. And let's face it, there might only be one Trent Richardson in the class, but there ARE other RBs, plus we DO have Blount on the roster.

None of those moves are the home run though (except of course Richardson at 5 - NO trade up). It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5? They can add WR Justin Blackmon, CB Morris Claiborne, or whoever, plus still pick at 2.31 where they can add depth to their already solid roster. Value chart it's within 150 pts, and is still better than what Washington paid to move up 4 spots, or the Falcons paid to move up last year. We can fill a lot of holes with that trade, and as much as I'd love Richardson, a trade down makes much more sense than a trade up.

(1.27) MLB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
(1.31) HB Doug Martin, Boise St.
(2.4) CB Janoris Jenkins, N. Alabama
(2.17) RT Zebrie Sanders, Florida St.
(3.5) OLB Lavonte David, Nebraska
(3.30) HB LaMichael James, Oregon
(5.5) T/G Lucas Nix, Pitt
(6.5) QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
(7.5) LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.

Plug whoever you want in, as long as we aren't going TE or DT in the first 3 rounds, we win.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 09, 2012, 12:48:25 PM

That would be an amazing draft. The problem is I think it's too good to be true. I really don't think the Patriots would ever make that trade.

I'd be cool with keeping all of those picks the same.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 09, 2012, 01:00:55 PM

and let's be honest, why wouldn't they? I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think any other QB is worthy of 4, and none are a lock to be better than McCoy. Richardson gives the city a bonfide stud. Then you add someone like Kendell Wright at 22? BPA in the 2nd and some QB to challene at the top of the 3rd or 4th? Maybe they even skip drafting a QB this year and instead sign McNabb, or trade for Hasselbeck? If they thought they needed a QB so bad that they'd draft one not named RG3 at 4, they'd have been more active on Flynn.

So-- let's not feel sorry for ourselves, we have options. If Miami is desperate/dumb enough to move up from 8, that is probably a quick phone call and I think Clainorne is still there at 8. Sure, if Cleveland passes on Tannenhill, Miami probably feels pretty good about him being there at 8, but that's why we make them believe that Cleveland is ringing to try and get back up from 22, plus Seattle and Philly are calling too. And hell, maybe they are. If we go that route, names like Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Kuechly all sound pretty good. And let's face it, there might only be one Trent Richardson in the class, but there ARE other RBs, plus we DO have Blount on the roster.

None of those moves are the home run though (except of course Richardson at 5 - NO trade up). It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5? They can add WR Justin Blackmon, CB Morris Claiborne, or whoever, plus still pick at 2.31 where they can add depth to their already solid roster. Value chart it's within 150 pts, and is still better than what Washington paid to move up 4 spots, or the Falcons paid to move up last year. We can fill a lot of holes with that trade, and as much as I'd love Richardson, a trade down makes much more sense than a trade up.

Plug whoever you want in, as long as we aren't going TE or DT in the first 3 rounds, we win.

There's a pipe dream if ever I saw one.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 09, 2012, 01:06:05 PM

It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5?

It's more than a "shot in the dark." It is completely ridiculous. I can't believe I invested the time to read this.

TheKingoftheWorld

Practice Squad

#4 : April 09, 2012, 01:22:12 PM

It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5?

It's more than a "shot in the dark." It is completely ridiculous. I can't believe I invested the time to read this.
Oh get over yourself you self-absorbed, solipsistic hillbilly. Your time is not special or precious, and if you disappeared from here nobody would remember you or miss your "time wasted" here. Bye! Nobody thought Atlanta would fall for Julio Jones like they did, either.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 09, 2012, 01:23:34 PM

Oh get over yourself you self-absorbed, solipsistic hillbilly. Your time is not special or precious, and if you disappeared from here nobody would remember you or miss your "time wasted" here. Bye! Nobody thought Atlanta would fall for Julio Jones like they did, either.

Thats funny, "kingoftheworld"   ;D

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 09, 2012, 01:25:35 PM

I agree. Why wouldnt they take Richardson if hes the next thing since AP?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 09, 2012, 01:25:42 PM

This is good stuff....

7 years here and first use of Solipsistic.

"the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist: Her treatment philosophy dealt with madness as a complete, self-contained, solipsistic world that sane people are not able to enter."

Giggles.
: April 09, 2012, 01:35:24 PM blind melon

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

dm4bucs

Starter
#8 : April 09, 2012, 01:28:26 PM

Cool idea man.  Only thing I would add is that you would have to take David at the top of the 2nd and James at the top of the third b/c they aren't gonna make it to where you have them.

TheKingoftheWorld

Practice Squad

#9 : April 09, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

Actions speak louder than words, and you entered the thread acting like a total tool (albeit with words, our only currency here). If you don't like a thread, don't read it - and if you "make the mistake" of investing said time, then just move on and don't contribute to it. #WHAMMY

champkind

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 09, 2012, 01:37:13 PM

Actions speak louder than words, and you entered the thread acting like a total tool (albeit with words, our only currency here). If you don't like a thread, don't read it - and if you "make the mistake" of investing said time, then just move on and don't contribute to it. #WHAMMY

I wish I hadn't read it, but when this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

TheKingoftheWorld

Practice Squad

#11 : April 09, 2012, 01:37:48 PM

Cool idea man.  Only thing I would add is that you would have to take David at the top of the 2nd and James at the top of the third b/c they aren't gonna make it to where you have them.
Agreed, and like I said, fill in whoever you like in the spots, as it's great value regardless if New England falls in love with a player. As for David and James, I like both, but would be weary of overdrafting them, hence planning on having them fall to us in this overly optimistic scenario. There are other options at those positions, as I also like LBs Sean Spence and Zach Brown, as well as HBs Isaiah Pead, Chris Polk, and Robert Turbin if we double dip. Basically they can go BPA at each spot with how the board should fall.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 09, 2012, 01:38:09 PM

*spits coffee on keyboard*

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 09, 2012, 02:00:20 PM

Quote from: champkind
I wish I hadn't read it, but when this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

Hilarious.  :D

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 09, 2012, 03:58:52 PM

In science we have a saying that sums up your post....

Good Science, Bad assumption.

My money is that Browns take Blackmon, see my thread for obvious reasons.

TR is a talent... that would be wasted if the Browns took him. Blackmon could flourish there.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Browns take Richardson at #4, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools