Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Browns take Richardson at #4, « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 09, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

and let's be honest, why wouldn't they? I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think any other QB is worthy of 4, and none are a lock to be better than McCoy. Richardson gives the city a bonfide stud. Then you add someone like Kendell Wright at 22? BPA in the 2nd and some QB to challene at the top of the 3rd or 4th? Maybe they even skip drafting a QB this year and instead sign McNabb, or trade for Hasselbeck? If they thought they needed a QB so bad that they'd draft one not named RG3 at 4, they'd have been more active on Flynn.

So-- let's not feel sorry for ourselves, we have options. If Miami is desperate/dumb enough to move up from 8, that is probably a quick phone call and I think Clainorne is still there at 8. Sure, if Cleveland passes on Tannenhill, Miami probably feels pretty good about him being there at 8, but that's why we make them believe that Cleveland is ringing to try and get back up from 22, plus Seattle and Philly are calling too. And hell, maybe they are. If we go that route, names like Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Kuechly all sound pretty good. And let's face it, there might only be one Trent Richardson in the class, but there ARE other RBs, plus we DO have Blount on the roster.

None of those moves are the home run though (except of course Richardson at 5 - NO trade up). It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5? They can add WR Justin Blackmon, CB Morris Claiborne, or whoever, plus still pick at 2.31 where they can add depth to their already solid roster. Value chart it's within 150 pts, and is still better than what Washington paid to move up 4 spots, or the Falcons paid to move up last year. We can fill a lot of holes with that trade, and as much as I'd love Richardson, a trade down makes much more sense than a trade up.

(1.27) MLB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
(1.31) HB Doug Martin, Boise St.
(2.4) CB Janoris Jenkins, N. Alabama
(2.17) RT Zebrie Sanders, Florida St.
(3.5) OLB Lavonte David, Nebraska
(3.30) HB LaMichael James, Oregon
(5.5) T/G Lucas Nix, Pitt
(6.5) QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
(7.5) LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.

Plug whoever you want in, as long as we aren't going TE or DT in the first 3 rounds, we win.

In science we have a saying that sums up your post....

Good Science, Bad assumption.

My money is that Browns take Blackmon, see my thread for obvious reasons.

TR is a talent... that would be wasted if the Browns took him. Blackmon could flourish there.

The phrase is GIGO---garbage in, garbage out

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 09, 2012, 05:05:13 PM

You lost me at "When"

Should be "If"!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 09, 2012, 06:20:56 PM

And "if" they do I will mail them a thank you card for preventing us for wasting a pick.  Seriously, the OP makes it sound like it would be a bad thing for us if they pick him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 09, 2012, 07:41:16 PM

I agree. Why wouldnt they take Richardson if hes the next thing since AP?

Because they need Wr just as bad as RB , and they can still get a great RB like Doug Martin with thier next 2 picks.

The 1st Adrian Peterson didn't go until pick 7 last I checked , and the Browns were one of those 6 teams that passed. Why couldn't the 2nd Peterson last until 5 ?

Browns will take Blackmon , I garantee it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 09, 2012, 08:34:58 PM

I hope the Browns take TR. We shore up the defense.

#20 : April 09, 2012, 10:55:52 PM

and let's be honest, why wouldn't they? I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think any other QB is worthy of 4, and none are a lock to be better than McCoy. Richardson gives the city a bonfide stud. Then you add someone like Kendell Wright at 22? BPA in the 2nd and some QB to challene at the top of the 3rd or 4th? Maybe they even skip drafting a QB this year and instead sign McNabb, or trade for Hasselbeck? If they thought they needed a QB so bad that they'd draft one not named RG3 at 4, they'd have been more active on Flynn.

So-- let's not feel sorry for ourselves, we have options. If Miami is desperate/dumb enough to move up from 8, that is probably a quick phone call and I think Clainorne is still there at 8. Sure, if Cleveland passes on Tannenhill, Miami probably feels pretty good about him being there at 8, but that's why we make them believe that Cleveland is ringing to try and get back up from 22, plus Seattle and Philly are calling too. And hell, maybe they are. If we go that route, names like Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, and Kuechly all sound pretty good. And let's face it, there might only be one Trent Richardson in the class, but there ARE other RBs, plus we DO have Blount on the roster.

None of those moves are the home run though (except of course Richardson at 5 - NO trade up). It's a shot in the dark, but with their recent troubles (on some) 1sts and 2nds, maybe a team like New England offers 27, 31, 49 and 94 for 5? They can add WR Justin Blackmon, CB Morris Claiborne, or whoever, plus still pick at 2.31 where they can add depth to their already solid roster. Value chart it's within 150 pts, and is still better than what Washington paid to move up 4 spots, or the Falcons paid to move up last year. We can fill a lot of holes with that trade, and as much as I'd love Richardson, a trade down makes much more sense than a trade up.

(1.27) MLB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
(1.31) HB Doug Martin, Boise St.
(2.4) CB Janoris Jenkins, N. Alabama
(2.17) RT Zebrie Sanders, Florida St.
(3.5) OLB Lavonte David, Nebraska
(3.30) HB LaMichael James, Oregon
(5.5) T/G Lucas Nix, Pitt
(6.5) QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
(7.5) LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.

Plug whoever you want in, as long as we aren't going TE or DT in the first 3 rounds, we win.

In science we have a saying that sums up your post....

Good Science, Bad assumption.

My money is that Browns take Blackmon, see my thread for obvious reasons.

TR is a talent... that would be wasted if the Browns took him. Blackmon could flourish there.

I'd rather see TR go to a team with a less than average line, just to see what he's made of.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 09, 2012, 10:57:15 PM

I was looking at the Bengals as a trade partner but New England could be the team that feels they are one player away. Would be nice.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 09, 2012, 11:24:59 PM

I'd rather see TR go to a team with a less than average line, just to see what he's made of.

i'd rather see what he's made of right here in Ray Jay.....thank u very much!!

-------------------------------------------------------

McCoy93

Starter

#23 : April 09, 2012, 11:29:55 PM

Sigh i really wanted to get Johnthan stewart back in 2008. was hoping we could get a copy of the same player with richardson

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 09, 2012, 11:33:08 PM

I agree. Why wouldnt they take Richardson if hes the next thing since AP?

Because they need Wr just as bad as RB , and they can still get a great RB like Doug Martin with thier next 2 picks.

The 1st Adrian Peterson didn't go until pick 7 last I checked , and the Browns were one of those 6 teams that passed. Why couldn't the 2nd Peterson last until 5 ?

Browns will take Blackmon , I garantee it.

Ok so the Browns passed AP last time and now are in position to draft the next AP and need a WR just as bad. Blackmon isn't the next anybody he's just the best receiver in this draft. They say he would have gone after Green and Jones last year so he isn't a once in a lifetime guy. Richardson is supposed to be this once in a while guys so how is Blackmon rated higher?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 10, 2012, 12:24:31 AM

The fact that people are comparing Richardson to AP is comical IMO.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 10, 2012, 07:11:43 AM

The fact that people are comparing Richardson to AP is comical IMO.

Agreed . Richardson doesn't fumble and/or get injured on every other play like AP...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

#27 : April 10, 2012, 04:11:49 PM

i'd rather see what he's made of right here in Ray Jay.....thank u very much!!

LOL!!! I know, but look at the bright side, he'll be on RJ turf sooner or later........... with a visiting team.  ;D

Hey man, you have nobody to blame but you know who.  ;)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Browns take Richardson at #4, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools