Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

gone

Hall of Famer
: April 09, 2012, 06:49:55 PM

Why isn't it all over the news like Trayvon?

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/crowd-beats-strips-robs-tourist-on-st-patricks-day-incident-caught-on-camera/

oh, wait, I got that backwards, it was a black "crowd".  Nothing to see here then, no pictures of this "victim" from his seventh grade yearbook, no professional race baiters needed. 

Video is graphic, should be work safe though.
: April 09, 2012, 10:55:26 PM caradoc

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 09, 2012, 07:06:05 PM

Here we go with the amateur race baiters articles ...

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 09, 2012, 07:41:55 PM

That is just a common day in Baltimore caradoc. The fact that it was in a relatively "safe" area is the only reason that this is a story.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 09, 2012, 07:59:39 PM

It was all over T.V. It was called "The Wire", and it was damn good.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 09, 2012, 08:17:37 PM

It was all over T.V. It was called "The Wire", and it was damn good.
The Wire is prolly one of my favorite police shows. It was so realistic and filmed on location. Thats the best part.

NovaBuc

Starter

#5 : April 09, 2012, 10:12:50 PM

Seriously? With all of the problems in the world today we have to deal with stuff like this?

First, it's not 'all over the place' because the guy wasn't killed. I guarantee if he'd been beaten to death by the mob, it would have been all over no matter the color of his skin. Not that he died, but last I checked Reginald Denny's still not black and we all knew about him being assaulted by a gang of young black men - though we don't remember or hear much about the latinos and asians the same group of guys assaulted before attacking Denny, likely due to those beatings not being caught on video.

Second, the guy was so drunk he didn't know exactly what happened until relatives told him about the video online recently so it's only been publicized for a few days (three to be exact). The Trayvon Martin case took a couple of weeks to become household news if you will recall.

Third, due to the stupidity of the people in the video, there are suspects already being brought in for questioning and possible arrests with more to come. Zimmerman seems to only have been brought in for some brief questioning the night of the incident, which seems to be a bit lenient considering someone lost their life over the confrontation.

I mean seriously, I get that people are tired of the ambulance-chasing nature of certain folks like Al Sharpton, but c'mon is this sort of thing necessary? Do we all really have to stoop to their levels to 'even the score' or something?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 10, 2012, 12:56:26 AM

Thought this was about the slave trade. Nothing to see here.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 10, 2012, 12:57:57 AM

race baiter

Exactly what this thread is

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 10, 2012, 08:34:47 AM

It was on CNN this morning.  (That being the tv I could see from where I was in the gym this morning.)

Dutch

Rookie

#9 : April 10, 2012, 08:41:04 AM

Thought this was about the slave trade.

You think someone would be talking about something that happened 200 years ago with a thread worded in the present tense?

I suppose in your mind a thread titled "man goes fishing" would be about a caveman catching a fish.

Dutch

Rookie

#10 : April 10, 2012, 09:13:48 AM

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 10, 2012, 10:26:02 AM

Er
Thought this was about the slave trade.

You think someone would be talking about something that happened 200 years ago with a thread worded in the present tense?

I suppose in your mind a thread titled "man goes fishing" would be about a caveman catching a fish.
try 400 yrs ago.

And my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously but you wouldnt know that.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 10, 2012, 11:27:50 AM

Disgusting. Just when you think there's hope for humanity, you see this.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 10, 2012, 11:34:37 AM

race baiter

Exactly what this thread is

No, this thread is about double-standards.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 10, 2012, 11:41:09 AM

This case is not a mystery. We know exactly what happened. No unarmed teenager was killed. In fact, nobody was killed.

Present a similar case to Martin/Zimmerman and then it could be a double standard.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools