Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 10, 2012, 11:45:43 AM

I'm really sick of the constant emphasis on "unarmed". Did Martin lose both arms? If you attack someone your fists are weapons, period.

Dutch

Rookie

#16 : April 10, 2012, 11:48:54 AM

This case is not a mystery. We know exactly what happened. No unarmed teenager was killed. In fact, nobody was killed.

Present a similar case to Martin/Zimmerman and then it could be a double standard.

This one is even worse.

Dutch

Rookie

#17 : April 10, 2012, 11:51:53 AM

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 10, 2012, 11:56:53 AM

Present a similar case to Martin/Zimmerman and then it could be a double standard.

Done a few times in the other thread and you skipped right over ......

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 10, 2012, 12:13:28 PM

Escobar has already presented that case.  This is just another example.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 10, 2012, 12:59:40 PM

Escobar has already presented that case.

That case was similar only in that the guy who shot was a security guard and white and not much else ... still don't see the double standard.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 10, 2012, 01:18:13 PM

That case was similar only in that the guy who shot was a security guard and white and not much else ... still don't see the double standard.

More similarities than that:

1. Both people were followed through a residential area after they drew suspcion
2. Both shooters claim they were punched and shot in self defense only
3. Both people died while being "unarmed"
4. Both relate to the SYG law
5. Neither man was arrested

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 10, 2012, 02:54:12 PM

Damn, that was harsh, racially motivated or not. What a wonderful world we live in.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 10, 2012, 03:14:26 PM

race baiter

Exactly what this thread is

No, this thread is about double-standards.

Cleverly disguised as race baiting.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 10, 2012, 03:15:15 PM

Suffice to say scum like this she be removed from society.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 10, 2012, 04:00:10 PM

1. Both people were followed through a residential area after they drew suspcion

And where's the double standard? Shirley you're not talking about the Reverends not getting involved indicates a double standard? There were 140 SYG cases in the last couple of years ... Were all the ones that didn't go national a case of double standard, too?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 10, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

race baiter

Not so cleverly ....

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 10, 2012, 04:05:44 PM

race baiter

Not so cleverly ....

Yep.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 10, 2012, 04:16:57 PM

And where's the double standard? Shirley you're not talking about the Reverends not getting involved indicates a double standard? There were 140 SYG cases in the last couple of years ... Were all the ones that didn't go national a case of double standard, too?

I'm not sure why I need to keep explaining this, it's staring you right in the face. When most on this forum wouldn't have heard about the East Lake story if I didn't post it in a thread, while the Martin case is making national headlines on a daily basis...is it really this difficult for you to see the double standard? I'm starting to think you're just being difficult on purpose, whatever floats your boat.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 10, 2012, 04:49:59 PM

I'm not sure why I need to keep explaining this, it's staring you right in the face. When most on this forum wouldn't have heard about the East Lake story if I didn't post it in a thread, while the Martin case is making national headlines on a daily basis...is it really this difficult for you to see the double standard? I'm starting to think you're just being difficult on purpose, whatever floats your boat.

I guess I should ask double standard by WHO, the media? The Sanford case went viral because you had a fat Guido looking guy gunning down, for no apparent reason, an 11 yr old on his way back from buying iced tea and Skittles at a 7-11. Throw in the White/Black, hoodie aspect and you've got a media's dream story. There was nothing at all compelling about the Baker case other than another SYG case so where's the double standard?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools