Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 10, 2012, 05:08:44 PM

Present a similar case to Martin/Zimmerman and then it could be a double standard.

Escobar has already presented that case.

That case was similar only in that the guy who shot was a security guard and white and not much else ... still don't see the double standard.

More similarities than that:

1. Both people were followed through a residential area after they drew suspcion
2. Both shooters claim they were punched and shot in self defense only
3. Both people died while being "unarmed"
4. Both relate to the SYG law
5. Neither man was arrested

And where's the double standard? Shirley you're not talking about the Reverends not getting involved indicates a double standard? There were 140 SYG cases in the last couple of years ... Were all the ones that didn't go national a case of double standard, too?

I'm not sure why I need to keep explaining this, it's staring you right in the face. When most on this forum wouldn't have heard about the East Lake story if I didn't post it in a thread, while the Martin case is making national headlines on a daily basis...is it really this difficult for you to see the double standard? I'm starting to think you're just being difficult on purpose, whatever floats your boat.

I guess I should ask double standard by WHO, the media? The Sanford case went viral because you had a fat Guido looking guy gunning down, for no apparent reason, an 11 yr old on his way back from buying iced tea and Skittles at a 7-11. Throw in the White/Black, hoodie aspect and you've got a media's dream story. There was nothing at all compelling about the Baker case other than another SYG case so where's the double standard?

If I need to explain it this many times you're either Claiborne dumb or stubborn as a mule, either way I'm done with this ridiculous exchange. Enjoy you're evening.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 10, 2012, 05:14:18 PM

If I need to explain it this many times you're either Claiborne dumb or stubborn as a mule, either way I'm done with this ridiculous exchange. Enjoy you're evening.

I haven't really seen it explained MANY times. I have seen the constant chirping about a double standard? SImple answer needed, with those two cases, double standard by whom or who ....?

Dutch

Rookie

#32 : April 10, 2012, 07:41:37 PM

Anyone who doesn't see an obvious double standard is either ignorant or a liar.    I'm guessing the latter is the more likely case.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 10, 2012, 07:46:24 PM

Not to mention, as I pointed out in the other thread, in the Baker case there were two witnesses with first hand accounts that told the same story to the cops as the security guard who pulled the trigger did, the victim's brother and girlfriend. The facts surrounding the case are not in question.

The victim in the Baker case was a grown man who was the clear aggressor. In the Martin case, the victim was a high school student killed by a grown man, and exactly who the aggressor was is in question.

Baker was under the influence of alcohol the night of the shooting. Martin wasn't under the influence of anything.

The security guard never left his car. George Zimmerman did.

The security guard first pepper sprayed the victim, and shot him when the pepper spray didn't stop the assault. This at least suggests that lethal force was used as a last resort. Zimmerman's claim of the same is less convincing.

As much as the race baitors on the MB want to make this case appear identical to the Martin case, the only similarities between these cases is that they are both SYG cases.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 10, 2012, 10:23:47 PM

Anyone who doesn't see an obvious double standard is either ignorant or a liar.    I'm guessing the latter is the more likely case.

I guess for the simple minded it was simply a case of one having a black victim and one not that's the ONLY thing separating those two "similar" incidents, which is why one got all the attention and one didn't ... What's funny is that's the same type thinking the good Reverends employ.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 10, 2012, 10:47:35 PM

Surely this whole thing couldn't be explained by the simple law of supply and demand.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 10, 2012, 10:59:44 PM

Not to mention, as I pointed out in the other thread, in the Baker case there were two witnesses with first hand accounts that told the same story to the cops as the security guard who pulled the trigger did, the victim's brother and girlfriend. The facts surrounding the case are not in question.

The victim in the Baker case was a grown man who was the clear aggressor. In the Martin case, the victim was a high school student killed by a grown man, and exactly who the aggressor was is in question.

Baker was under the influence of alcohol the night of the shooting. Martin wasn't under the influence of anything.

The security guard never left his car. George Zimmerman did.

The security guard first pepper sprayed the victim, and shot him when the pepper spray didn't stop the assault. This at least suggests that lethal force was used as a last resort. Zimmerman's claim of the same is less convincing.

As much as the race baitors on the MB want to make this case appear identical to the Martin case, the only similarities between these cases is that they are both SYG cases.

lol, that and an unarmed man was shot .... details details details

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 11, 2012, 11:37:34 AM

It is weird that most of the people in this thread saying there is no double standard readily admitted race and politics was the reason why the Trayvon Martin story went national, had the President speak on it, etc.. 

Now?  The double standard is suddenly non-existent.  How peachy.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#38 : April 11, 2012, 04:25:28 PM

It is weird that most of the people in this thread saying there is no double standard readily admitted race and politics was the reason why the Trayvon Martin story went national, had the President speak on it, etc.. 

Now?  The double standard is suddenly non-existent.  How peachy.

The double standard isn't there because there are enough differences beside the victim's race that don't make them near similar enough. If the shooter in the Baker case was Black you'd have a lot closer example of a true double-standard than what you're trying to pass off now ...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 11, 2012, 06:23:15 PM

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/daniel-adkins-killer-claims-self-defense-unarmed-man-shot-killed-outside-arizona-taco-bell-dani/question-2580877/
http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/2012/04/daniel-adkins-killer-claims-self.html

Perhaps this one fits better

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 11, 2012, 07:37:41 PM

What?  Are the circumstances too similar?  I know Al, Louis and Jesse aren't there leading the marches and demanding justice - yet.  But gee whiz... it seems hauntingly similar.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 11, 2012, 09:36:50 PM

What?  Are the circumstances too similar?  I know Al, Louis and Jesse aren't there leading the marches and demanding justice - yet.  But gee whiz... it seems hauntingly similar.

First, it wouldn't be Al, Louis and Jesse. It would be Alejandro, Luis and Jose demandin justice... Second, Adkins looks 29, not 11. Third, there doesn't appear to be near the muddled unknowns that the Martin case had. A day after the incident you've got witnesses with the dead guy possibly swinging a bat or a fist. Fourth, Adkins looks 29, not 11. The "innocent kid just walking home from the 7-11 with an Arizona Tea and Skittles getting blown away by an overzealous Barney Fife" IS a compelling part of the story that these supposed similar ones don't have. Age was a factor along with race.

Dutch

Rookie

#42 : April 11, 2012, 09:55:50 PM

It's obvious that they were nothing alike.   One happened at 8:05pm and the other happened at 8:06pm.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 11, 2012, 10:10:21 PM

First, it wouldn't be Al, Louis and Jesse. It would be Alejandro, Luis and Jose demandin justice... Second, Adkins looks 29, not 11. Third, there doesn't appear to be near the muddled unknowns that the Martin case had. A day after the incident you've got witnesses with the dead guy possibly swinging a bat or a fist. Fourth, Adkins looks 29, not 11. The "innocent kid just walking home from the 7-11 with an Arizona Tea and Skittles getting blown away by an overzealous Barney Fife" IS a compelling part of the story that these supposed similar ones don't have. Age was a factor along with race.

He was 17 and looked it and race is what made it "compelling"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 11, 2012, 10:17:12 PM

Pffff 

I believe that covers it,  You're looking for the minutiae to be identical.  That isn't happening - one was in Florida and the other Arizona.  How can they be so similar... not even the same venue.

Let's see, an adult white hispanic shoots a teenage black teenager in the first case
And in the second, an adult black shoots a teenage white hispanic teenager.

Yea - it's the location.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: White crowd beats black kid, strips and robs him. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools