Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petrino fired « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: April 10, 2012, 08:05:43 PM

Bobby Petrino has been fired as head football coach at Arkansas.

The university will hold an 8:15 p.m. ET press conference during which athletic director Jeff Long will announce Petrino will not be back.

Petrino crashed his motorcycle a week ago Sunday, breaking four ribs and cracking a neck vertebra in the process. In his subsequent discussions about the wreck, Petrino, 51, who is married with four children, strategically omitted that his passenger on the bike was 25-year-old assistant Jessica Dorrell.

He was forthcoming with police, but failed to tell school administrators or reporters at a press conference on Tuesday about his passenger.

My concern was to protect my family and a previous inappropriate relationship from becoming public, Petrino said in a statement released by the school. In hindsight, I showed a serious mistake in judgment when I chose not to be more specific about those details.

On Friday, athletic director Long placed the football coach on paid leave pending a review.

I dont know what Im going to find, Long said at a press conference held on Thursday night.

I am disappointed that coach Petrino did not share with me, when he had the opportunity to, the full extent of the accident and who was involved, Long said.

This is the first firing in Bobby Petrinos head-coaching career. To date, hes utilized every job hes had as a stepping stone to another job. Before landing at Arkansas, he coached with the Atlanta Falcons, Louisville Cardinals, Auburn Tigers, and elsewhere. Hes known as an offensive mastermind, so he probably wont have much trouble finding a new gig.

Petrino went 34-17 in four years at Arkansas, posting a 21-5 mark over the last two seasons. He reached a Sugar Bowl and won a Cotton Bowl, setting up what many Arkansas fans felt would have been a championship run on the horizon.

http://www.blippitt.com/bobby-petrino-fired/

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 10, 2012, 08:17:35 PM

idiot got what he deserved

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 10, 2012, 08:32:43 PM

I just checked out the lil honey that was on the bike with him.... quite the hottie, and proof that money rules all!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 10, 2012, 09:46:53 PM

I just checked out the lil honey that was on the bike with him.... quite the hottie, and proof that money rules all!!

Are you trying to say she didn't dig him for his charming personality?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 11, 2012, 05:48:59 PM

idiot got what he deserved

Quits on his team ... quits on his family .... Definitely got what he deserved ...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 15, 2012, 01:25:46 PM

Clinton, Petrino?? is there something i the water in Arkansas?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 17, 2012, 01:39:49 AM

I thought this was old news, but tjfeznjsw has a fresh take on it. Great post, tjfeznjsw. Very informative.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 20, 2012, 12:55:53 PM

I thought the thread coming back would be some speculation of Petrino to USF.

Instead it is just spamola

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Petrino fired « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools