Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three reasons to hate the Carl Nicks signing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 12, 2012, 11:11:47 AM

Of course.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 12, 2012, 11:43:08 AM

But michael135468451332113214 only posts the best stuff from around the web! This must be a quality, relevant article written by an informed, balanced source!

Still that time of the month I see.   What do you figure?  Another couple days and you will be back to normal?  My wife uses Midol, give it a try, it may help.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 12, 2012, 11:44:23 AM

Mchael is a godsend to this place.  He is all things Bucs, and he posts the links here.  What the hell is there to whine about now?

Much love to you Michael.  You know this man!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 12, 2012, 11:45:31 AM

Why all the vitriol? I like the article (worst article ever might have been that "best defensive line article), its approaching the Nicks signing looking for concerns - playing devil's advocate is very, very useful.  Was it a good signing?  Probably.  But there is a very real possibility that Nicks ends up being a bad signing.  Nicks does eat up a large part of our cap space; we do have a huge amount committed to our O-line and we may not see the dividends that we would with signing Landry, or Carr, or trading for Demeco Ryans, or using that money for FAs next year, or (fill in blank); and free agent history is replete with "sure things" taking the money and sucking - in fact I would argue that human nature tends toward it.

And sure, hate is too strong a word but I think there are legitimate concerns with any big FA signing including Nicks (and Vjax).  At this point it appears to be a great signing  but in two years we could be looking back on this as a huge bungle.

On the other end of the spectrum is the way the team has structured all the contracts of late. First is that while the total dollar amount of these deals might appear that the team has over spent, it could be argued that they were fair market values deals with the exception of possibly Black, Wright and Trueblood over the past two seasons. But examining them further reveals that there in fact structured in such a way that the team can release the player after two years and incur no penalties. For the player to continue to receive  large annual salaries their performance from year to year must match their price tag. Meaning essentially the team has gone to a performance for pay type of scaling, which will allow the team to remain out of cap trouble.

For example if Black doesn't rebound with quality coaching this season, the team cuts him and recoups $5 million in cap space for 2013 with no other ramifications, other than identifying to themselves Black was not what they envisioned and they need to do a better job of scouting. From a finical standpoint it will always allow the team to be players in free agency and there never should be a time if a player that's drafted and developed by the Bucs who needs top be resigned, wont. With the way the team is now structuring their contracts with players.

The other fact not being discussed is Schiano's vision of wanting to become a physically dominant down hill running team that takes shots down the field and the fact that the team just redistributed where the monies are being spent. For example last season it was spent at center and right guard for the most part on the interior of the line. This season the money is being spent on left guard and right guard with center being the low position.

I respect your opinion but disagree with your statement about center..I myself consider Zutte  an instant upgrade over Faine..Zute is faster,stronger and seems like a smart guy...Time will tell.

With regards to Zuttah and Faine - when I stated low position being center in 2012, it's not that I think Faine is/was Superior to Zuttah, I just reference the money being paid to Zuttah this year at center compared to what the team paid Faine to man the center position last season. Basically the team paid Zuttah, Faine and Joseph roughly $16 million in 2011 to play LG, C, and RG: With the LG making the lest amount of the three positions. Compared to what the team is paying Nicks, Zuttah and Joseph which is roughly $25 million in 2012 to play LG, C, RG in 2012: With C being the lowest paid of the three positions. Meaning they might feel that spending more at LG in 2012 then spending at center was a wiser option based on what they want to accomplish in 2012 as an offense.

Good post Mr Yucc.    I understood what you were referring too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 12, 2012, 11:59:08 AM

But michael135468451332113214 only posts the best stuff from around the web! This must be a quality, relevant article written by an informed, balanced source!

Still that time of the month I see.   What do you figure?  Another couple days and you will be back to normal?  My wife uses Midol, give it a try, it may help.

Yea..my wife rocks the prescription stuff...Ponstel. Midol didn't have enough "umph". Might want to give that a try if Midol doesn't work, ck.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three reasons to hate the Carl Nicks signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools