Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte instead of Trent Richardson? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 13, 2012, 01:00:20 AM

Michael Bush is on the Bears roster to replace Marion Barber. The Commish has been sipping the cooking brandy a bit I guess.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 13, 2012, 01:26:47 AM

Michael Bush is on the Bears roster to replace Marion Barber. The Commish has been sipping the cooking brandy a bit I guess.

True, but they don't seem too excited about giving Forte a long term deal for whatever reason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 13, 2012, 08:17:11 AM

I can't really vote in this one, as there is no "either/or."

Forte is a baller. IF Dom could bring him in to solidify the offense, it gives Tampa an RB that can do it all, and would allow TB to get whoever else besides TR in draft if they wanted without a whole lot of risk. Hell, they could still draft TR (as crazy as it sounds) and have the best RB stable in the NFL overnight. ...Although, you're not drafting TR if you spend that wad of cash/picks on Forte. (Thinking of future picks btw)

Downside: The guy has wear. He IS/WAS the Bears offense, so yeah, he worked his butt off. Age isn't that bad, but for an RB it isn't that great either. Using picks is scary as well..

TR. The guy is beastmode. He young, tons of talent, and is versatile in the game. Same with Forte. If the Bucs land him, their offense will be complete. He can block, run, catch, etc. Pretty much everything you need in a back. He's been compared to Frank Gore (with a better attitude/work ethic).

Downside: He's never played in the NFL. As with any draftee, there is always that "bust" factor to deal with. Tampa has wasted a few picks on top ranking RB's, and if history repeats itself it also will be a waste of a pick (As Forte failing would). Some say that his knee is something to be worried about, although I think it will be fine come gametime.

Either way, the Bucs would get a very good RB. I'm pretty much on the boat to bring in either one.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 13, 2012, 09:23:13 AM

This trade makes no sense for the Bears honestly. They're basically giving up the entire Offense and most likely get another RB.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 13, 2012, 09:42:35 AM

Much rather swap #1's  w/  Kansas City and pick up KC's pick #44.   You could then get Kuechly and a back 5 years younger than Forte.

If it's strictly Richardson or the Bears' deal....I'd take Richardson.  RB's can get old fast.
: April 13, 2012, 09:45:18 AM PowerSweep

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 13, 2012, 09:56:10 AM

Uggggg to Jenkins.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 13, 2012, 10:00:43 AM

This trade makes no sense for the Bears honestly. They're basically giving up the entire Offense and most likely get another RB.

It could work for them,They get a younger and cheaper RB or they can go Kalil and use 2 backs. The bears have WRs Marshall is trouble but the guy can play.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 13, 2012, 10:13:48 AM

Not interested, the Bucs should really not spend that kind of money at RB after spending a ton of cap on the OL, not to mention giving draft picks, not to mention what was his injury again and how much does he have left?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 13, 2012, 11:28:21 AM

That would be true if Forte was a happy camper.   He is making noise about holding out, and they should of re-signed him a long time ago. I could see him demanding a trade or holding out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 13, 2012, 12:21:20 PM

True, but they don't seem too excited about giving Forte a long term deal for whatever reason.

The point is that at least part of the Commish's theory is built on a false premise. We can examine to the extreme and determine that the Bears "could" trade Forte but there's so much involved that makes little sense, including the thought that Bush would replace Forte.....considering the Barber retirement and Bush signing occurred within days of each other....that I think the Commish is talking through his hat.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 13, 2012, 01:01:01 PM

Look at the big deals for RB's recently? You think Carolina likes paying DeAngelo $10m? TEN excited about that big deal on CJ1k? I understand the Bears thinking that you do not want to get tied in long term for big money to one of these backs. It is the long-term ongoing downside of taking a RB high and having a feature back is eventually you wind up paying and regretting it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 13, 2012, 02:10:08 PM

Forte would be a welcome addition to the BUcs, IMO.  He just has to realize that teams like Tenny handing out money like it was Halloween Candy to a RB is about the dumbest thing to do in the NFL.  His contract is crippling that team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 13, 2012, 10:34:21 PM

Martin = Forte

We'll re-visit this proclamation at a later date, my brotha!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 13, 2012, 10:36:30 PM

He's been compared to Frank Gore (with a better attitude/work ethic).

A lil off topic but i've never heard anything negative about Gore attitude or work ethic. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 13, 2012, 11:03:12 PM

The point is that at least part of the Commish's theory is built on a false premise. We can examine to the extreme and determine that the Bears "could" trade Forte but there's so much involved that makes little sense, including the thought that Bush would replace Forte.....considering the Barber retirement and Bush signing occurred within days of each other....that I think the Commish is talking through his hat.

Ya, I wasn't even talking about the Commish's scenario.   I am keeping it simple and just saying Forte could holdout and force a trade.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte instead of Trent Richardson? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools