Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blackmon could be dropping big time. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 13, 2012, 11:14:25 AM

Nawrocki also said teams became concerned when Blackmon flew to Las Vegas after Oklahoma State's bowl game, rather than take the charter back to school.

How the hell does this have to anything to do with playing football??

I would be more likely to buy this nugget of information if it didn't contain this part. I very seriously doubt scouts are frowning at him for going to Vegas after his bowl win...when the season was over and school was on break. His first vacation since July comes after the bowl game and supposedly some "scouts" look down at him for taking one? I'm calling BS.

It shows he is not a team guy.  He should of returned with the team then went off on his own.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#46 : April 13, 2012, 11:18:05 AM

Nawrocki also said teams became concerned when Blackmon flew to Las Vegas after Oklahoma State's bowl game, rather than take the charter back to school.

How the hell does this have to anything to do with playing football??

I would be more likely to buy this nugget of information if it didn't contain this part. I very seriously doubt scouts are frowning at him for going to Vegas after his bowl win...when the season was over and school was on break. His first vacation since July comes after the bowl game and supposedly some "scouts" look down at him for taking one? I'm calling BS.

It shows he is not a team guy.  He should of returned with the team then went off on his own.

I kinda agree....but I'm sure he didn't just peace out by himself. He probably went with atleast a few of his teammates, and the rest of the team probably knew beforehand anyway. He doesn't seem like a bad teammate.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 13, 2012, 12:08:11 PM

I don't think the Las Vegas thing is a red flag, but who knows if it influences some teams. We're hearing some teams have Floyd as their top WR, but who knows what is smoke at this time of year.

I can't envision a realistic scenario in which Blackmon becomes a Buc. I suppose a trade down makes the drafting of Blackmon more likely, but I don't see it.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 13, 2012, 12:11:00 PM

You guys are crazy. Blackmon scored 38 TDs the past two seasons. 38 freaking TDS!!!!

Key stat: Surprisingly, Floyd had only one reception of more than 35 yards last season -- a 56-yarder against Navy. And that came on a blown coverage.
Have you watched Notre Dame this past year? Their QB situation is awful. Floyd had 100 receptions with a BUM throwing him the ball. Do you know how impressive that is, just alone?

Floyd is bigger and faster than Blackmon. Floyd has produced in a pro style offense too prior Brian Kelly bringing the spread offense. Blackmon is Crabtree all over again while Floyd will be a Nicks/Britt type WR in the NFL. Blackmon isn't a bad pick at #6 but he is not an elite talent with Richardson, Claiborne, Kalil, RG3, and Luck. And that's why all 5 will be taken before him.

I certainly wayched more OSU than ND this year - just to see Blackmon.

No way anyone had Floyd rated near Blackmon before all the running in shorts and posing at the combine.

I'll take the guy who was unstoppable on the field and had 38 TDs in 2 years thank you.

P.S. Sure it was Weedon throwing the ball but Blackmon had more receptions, yards, higher YPC and TWICE the TDs as Floyd in 2011. And Blackmon's junior year may have been even better than that!

: April 13, 2012, 12:17:52 PM Madman

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#49 : April 13, 2012, 12:19:24 PM

He's a stud. Going to Vegas is awesome.

Stop hatin.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blackmon could be dropping big time. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools