Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *RUMOR* Cleveland Browns decide to take Richardson at 4 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

lowlife

Starter
#15 : April 13, 2012, 01:34:52 PM

Running back is the Bucs 2nd biggest need after middle linebacker.
Right behind Safety and Cornerback, yeah.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 13, 2012, 01:35:27 PM

Agreed Lazoran. These guys clamping for TR have no idea how good Blount is going to be this year.

He now has a huuuge chip on his shoulder. He will learn to block, IMO. He will learn to hang on to the ball. He will easily eclips 1200 yards.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 13, 2012, 01:35:29 PM

Holmgren is on the hot seat so yeah Richardson is probably the pick.  They probably go WR with the other pick instead of taking Blackmon at the top.

Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon...lots of good choices for the Bucs.  I like.

I go with Claiborne but my ideal scenario is to trade back a few spots and pick up Kuechly and add some picks

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#18 : April 13, 2012, 01:37:39 PM

My gut feeling is if Richardson is the CLE pick we'll look to trade down from #5.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 13, 2012, 01:38:20 PM

Basically, I disagree with taking TR at 5, when the TEAM, not the offense but the TeAM has so many issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Claiborne is a stud, he is no slouch as a prospect. I would enjoy watching the Bucs actually being able to stop drives cold now and then. Clamoring for TR seems silly to me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 13, 2012, 01:38:51 PM

I don't like any trade back scenarios if you have blue chip guys there for the taking.  One is a potential shut down CB, another is a potential LT, and another is a potential dominating WR.  All three integral to the current NFL trend of aerial passing attacks.

Bone

Rookie

#21 : April 13, 2012, 01:40:58 PM

I would love a shutdown corner.  I'm just not sold that MoClay is that guy.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 13, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Running back is the Bucs 2nd biggest need after middle linebacker.
Yea. Lets replace a 2nd yr mlb learning a new system with a rookie.

If the hole at mlb was soo bad, Dom would have over paid for lofton.

let Foster continue to develop while focusing on the offense.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 13, 2012, 01:43:26 PM

I agree ADW, but there are a lot of issues on defense that NEED to be taken care of. There are no great prospects after Claiborne, IMO. Janoris Jenkins is dumb as hell. I would take a guy who can ball who scored a 4 on his wonderlic, over a re-re like Jenkins. Guy is stupid and has issues with his maturity.

But getting a few extra picks would be nice.

Bucs failed to address the defensive woes on a historically bad unit. The draft wil attempt to solve some of those problems.

magicbuc

Second String
#24 : April 13, 2012, 01:43:30 PM

Perfect.  I really don't understand why lots seem to be down on Legarrette.  If you want to be down on anyone watch tape on any of our Linebackers from last year...disgusting!  Could probably be said for all defensive positions.  Do you really think LeGarrette was the main issue with our team last year and replacement is our top priority?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 13, 2012, 01:44:46 PM

Meh...  Still want me some Richardson - there really is no way to screw his up though...

If Blackmon is still on the board - we'll trade out of five,   Everyone knows the Rams will take him at 6...

Going to be a good thursday.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 13, 2012, 01:45:21 PM

Basically, I disagree with taking TR at 5, when the TEAM, not the offense but the TeAM has so many issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Claiborne is a stud, he is no slouch as a prospect. I would enjoy watching the Bucs actually being able to stop drives cold now and then. Clamoring for TR seems silly to me.

I was actually concerned we wouldnt be able to get Claiborne because I thought he may get picked before us. The more Ive thought about the more confident I am he will be our pick. Im pretty sure the Vikings will take Kalil. They are in position to get a franchise LT. They will pull the trigger on that no matter how much they want us to believe they wont. Then the Browns I just cant think of a reason they wouldnt take Richardson. The Richardson homers on here actually clinch it for me. They talk about how he is the next AP and that he is the best prospect in the draft thats not a QB. How could the Browns pass on that when they have a need at RB? I could see Blackmon but I dont think he has the same hype as a prospect although I think Blackmon will be a monster in the NFL. I think the Browns want a big name guy and everybody in the football world knows who Richardson is. Easy pick imo. Leaving Claiborne to us to help fill up our defense.

Sim

Starter

#27 : April 13, 2012, 01:57:10 PM

Claiborne would the best pick and the biggest need for us anyway.

But I would be just as happy if we could somehow trade down a few spots, pick up an extra high pick or two, and still have a shot at Keuchly.  This would be too good to be true but I doubt we'd be that fortunate though...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 13, 2012, 02:00:00 PM

As much as I hope this is true...

...it's incarceratedbob. Let's just hope this is one of his lucky guesses.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 13, 2012, 02:02:02 PM

How could anyone NOT think Richardson is going to the Browns?

They have NOTHING at RB, and NOTHING at WR, but the common consensus is that TR is a much better back than Blackmon is a WR.  I have all but ruled Tannehill out of their equation at 4...he is raw chicken at that spot.  They still will be able to pick up Wright or Flloyd with their second pick, and their offense is golden. 

The BROWNS absolutely will not pass on Richardson for Blackmon.  Not a chance in hell.  No way jose.  /debate

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *RUMOR* Cleveland Browns decide to take Richardson at 4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools